Status: Complete, look for the sequel soon.

Find Your Twitching Hart in Vegas

Iowa

The plane touched down in Iowa and I wanted to whirl around and go running, screaming, back to Vegas. Seriously we knew the guys for two to three months, that’s not enough time to fall in love. And for half of it I couldn’t stand Carey…Then why did my heart feel like it was being ripped out of my chest?

I took a deep breath and shook my head, attempting to clear it of thoughts about the dark haired, brown eyed, tattooed, Freestyle Motocross rider. Damn. Glancing up I saw my parents waiting for me, along with Aryn’s parents…and my psycho ex-boyfriend. Double damn. Not wanting to deal with it I grabbed my suit case roughly off the carousel and shot Mike a withering glare.

“She’s had a long flight and a long couple of days.” Aryn smoothed over for me, I ignored her commented and chucked my bag into the back of my car. We’d had it shipped over here a few days before we left so that I didn’t have to drive and Aryn didn’t have to deal with me being pissy the entire time.

“Do you wanna talk about it?” Mike’s slightly rough voice that still had a soft note to it came from my left as a warm weight was added to my shoulders. It took everything I had in me not to grab his wrist and throw him onto the ground.

“No,” I muttered lowly stepping out from under his shoulder while Aryn climbed into the passenger side of my car. I didn’t want to talk to my ex about the guy that I’d fallen head over heels with, that I’d just left in Vegas.

Shoving my keys roughly into the ignition I started the car and drove back to the apartment Aryn and I shared, and while it was nice to be home. I wished that I could be back in Vegas. Dropping my body onto the couch I grabbed the remote and flicked on whatever channel we’d last been watching.

Pulling my laptop out of its bag I started to sort through the pictures I’d need to print out of Vegas to fill my summer project file. Once I had the maximum number of pictures I set the computer down and levered myself out of the couch and headed into the kitchen to get something to eat and drink. Upon remembering we’d cleaned out our fridge I scowled and quickly grabbed my keys leaving to go grab a burger from McDonalds. I contemplated asking Aryn if she wanted anything, but I didn’t hear any movement from her room so I figured she was asleep.

Grabbing McDonalds and then stopping at the grocery store to pick up a few other items we’d need to survive, ie Milk, juice, some Rockstar, actual food that wasn’t McDonalds. I pulled back up to the apartment and went inside putting all the groceries away before tucking into my burger. Once I’d finished and tossed my garbage away I went back over to my laptop to find the lid closed and a yellow post-it note on top.

’all the photos for your summer project are on the sim card next to the comp, I took the liberty of transferring them for you. Had to run to work, don’t mope. –Aryn ♥’ I sighed and pulled the post-it off and grabbed the sim card heading down to the lab to hand it in to my teacher. I had to give him an electronic copy of my photos then had to print them out.

Once I’d handed the electronic copy into my teacher I allowed him to look over them. It was always slightly unnerving that the teacher made you stand with him while he did this.

“These are very good Jessica.” I smiled my thanks softly; it was always a thrill to hear that the teacher liked my work. “I particularly like this one.” He pointed to the one I’d taken of Aryn and Jeremy when they hadn’t been paying attention at one of the many parties we’d gone to with the guys. They’d also been so caught up in each other that they didn’t notice anything else going on around them.

“Yeah that’s my friend Aryn; I think you’ve met her before.” He nodded and smiled “well give me a few more minutes to look over your shots and then we’ll discuss which ones will go up in the showcase.” I nodded and wandered off, pulling my phone out and looking down at the background to find Carey’s face looking back at me.

After ten or twenty minutes I went back into the classroom to find my teacher staring at the screen of his Mac with an intense look on his face.

“Mr. Chochrane?” I asked wondering if he’d finished my photos. Without saying anything he motioned me over to his side.

“This is the first time I’ve seen you in front of the camera instead of behind it.” He said turning the screen of his computer so I could see it and I swear my heart stopped beating.

“Uh, th-that wasn’t supposed to be in here, I’m not quite sure how I mixed that up.” I stuttered seeing the picture of Carey and I in the desert. Mr. Chochrane sighed and flicked through the next three pictures and I thought I’d pass out, all of them were of Carey and I, the last one though was the picture Carey had taken where I’d been asleep on his shoulder.

“I’m not sure how these wound up this file, they weren’t supposed to…I’m gonna go grab a few new ones to-“ my teacher held up his hand “you’ll do nothing of the sort, these are some of the best pictures I’ve seen in a while, and I’ve been telling you that at some point Jessi you’re going to have to be in front of the camera.” And with that my fate was sealed.

I gaped as he pulled a post-it off of the stack and wrote down the file numbers of a few of my pictures “I want to see these in the showcase when school starts.” I nodded numbly taking my sim card back from him and going over to one of the other computers to find the pictures he’d put the call numbers of on the sticky yellow piece of paper.

I found a couple of random ones I’d took in the moment, then the one of Carey and I in the desert then the one of Aryn and Twitch and finally the one I’d taken of the guys walking down the strip. I sighed softly, when the answer hit me like a ton of bricks. I hadn’t put the photos on the sim card Aryn had!

But now that Chochrane had seen them I couldn’t do anything about it, I had to put them in the showcase, or risk failing myself because this was the single hardest thing I’d ever had to do. I was knowingly putting photos of myself out there. I hated being photographed. HATED it. My phone buzzed in my pocket and I pulled it out seeing Carey’s name flash across the screen along with ’one new text’. I opened the text and smiled softly.

’How’s your day?’

I sighed softly ’It’s okay…I guess, Aryn snuck a couple pictures into my summer showcase sim card and my prof chose most of them to be my main pieces. >.<’

’which pics? I groaned a little, not really wanting to go there.

’One of the strip at night, the one of the H & H tattoo shop sign, one of Aryn and Twitch in a club I took, the one of you guys walking down the strip after you had to ‘come find me’, the desert, and the one you took without my knowledge.’ I glowered at my phone thinking of smacking him, then reminding myself he was halfway across the country and I couldn’t do that.

’That’s a lot of photos…’ That’s all he had to say? ‘That’s a lot of photos’ well no shit Sherlock. Jeez why did I like this guy again? Oh…yeah that’s right.

Sighing I replied ’Yeah but I’m still gonna beat Aryn up for sticking some of these in here’ I could picture him laughing at my text since he knew I truly wouldn’t ever do that to my best friend.

’Kay, well don’t kill her too bad, Twitch might miss her. But I have to go, I was just texting to see how you were doing :)’

’Alright, bye Carey…talk to you later’
♠ ♠ ♠
Jessi

Hey guys this is a wrap up chapter, hope you liked it. There's a sequel so be prepared for that to be seen soon. :)

Peace, Shade.