Status: CHAPTER SIX UP NOW. PLEASE COMMENT!

Poison

Shedding The Doubts

I stretched out my legs and felt them collide with another pair of legs, an extremely hairy pair of legs – Jack’s legs. My eyes shot open and looked around to see what kind of scene I was in – and I guess, it was innocent enough. Jack was hugging the pillow under his head and much to my relief he was wearing underwear (for once in his life), and taking a second to scan my own body, so was I, boxers that is in lieu of sleep shorts.

I untangled my legs from Jack’s and got up. Walking downstairs, I tried to justify the weird feeling in me at the moment. Jack had been so upset last night and I was comforting him and it had gotten so late; we were both tired – And it’s not like we /slept/ together. We simply slept in the same bed together – with clothes on.

I felt like I had made a good argument – with myself and went to the kitchen and just stopped. What was I about to do? Make coffee; get a cup of orange juice? I couldn’t rightly remember. I just stopped dead in the entrance way and stared at the high beam where Jade had been. I was starting to loose all memory of that night – or my previous life. So the memory was foggy but I remember Jack walking away from that night before he kicked the chair out from underneath me, literally.

A tear fell from my eye – why am I remembering this? I hear a creak from the stairs and wiped my face quickly and pushed myself into the kitchen to look for the orange juice.

“Jamie? Where are you?” I heard Jack call for me.

I cleared my thought to make sure the split moment of unease and sadness was masked, “Kitchen.”

I heard his feet pad towards the kitchen on the hardwood and then his face appeared in the entrance way, “What are you looking for?”

“Orange juice; I’m thirsty.”

Jack walked down towards me and wrapped his arms around my waist as he opened the refrigerator door and reached into it and pulled out the orange juice. Popping the carton open, he said, “Open up.”

“That’s what she said,” He laughed as I opened my mouth and he poured orange into my mouth. It was kind of like when you waterfall from someone else’s drink but a lot hotter because we kept complete eye contact until Jack spilt the entire carton on me.

“Jack!” I yelled as the ice cold juice covered me from chest to toe and I could feel myself grow sticky by the second.

Jack put his nose to my breastbone and sniffed, “You smell like oranges.”

“Thank you Captain Obvious,” I rolled my eyes and started to walk out of the kitchen so I could go home and get washed off, but Jack grabbed my hand and twisted me back around; pinning me to the island.

“I like oranges,” Then he kissed me.

I don’t know why – if it was the picture that was still in my jeans or the way my heart thumped about a thousand times faster when his lips were on mine. But I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back and it felt like the first time. In an instant I was pushed up onto the island and my legs went around Jack’s waist. His lips left mine and I felt him lick my chest where there was orange juice and I laughed.

“What?” Jack asked, stopping all movements.

“It tickled.”

I watched as Jack got a very cute look in his eye and then in a quick second I was on my back being tickled to death (pun not intended). He was even blowing raspberries on my stomach; until I screamed, “UNCLE! JESUS FUCK JACK STOP!”

It wasn’t until that very moment that we saw that we had an audience; well, Jack does like performing in front of a crowd.

I heard someone clapping and an amused laugh coming from the entrance way and our heads turned to see Alex and Matt standing there – Alex being the one clapping and Matt the laugh; I felt embarrassed as Jack pulled me up and then off of the island.

“What were you doing, Jack? Trying to kill her?” Matt shook his head as he walked forwards towards us with Alex in tow – most likely to introduce himself. I shot a look at Jack who kept a calm exposure with an eye roll and a smirk. “Hey, I’m Matt Flyzik.”

“I know, it’s nice to meet you; I really hope you don’t know who I am already,” I laughed. Matt shook his head in response to my joke which was useless. My face had been splashed across a bunch of rags other than People – even Alternative Press covered it online.

“So,” Alex started off with a look from me to Jack and back again. “How was it?”

“How was what?” I asked with a tight lipped smile.

“Oh, come on; you guys wouldn’t be acting like that if you hadn’t fucked,” I gave Alex a looked that said, ‘seriously?’ But he gave me one back.

So I just smiled at him, “I don’t kiss and tell, sorry.”

I then left them to think what they wanted about that and walked outside and across the street to my own house to take a shower and put on fresh clothes.
♠ ♠ ♠
The title is from "Actors" - the new demo and I have listened to it (Itunes tells me) a total of 253 times.
0.0
<3