Status: CHAPTER SIX UP NOW. PLEASE COMMENT!

Poison

A Crying Shame

For the next year or so, I just ignored what I knew were lies and focused on the truth. Which, I came to realized Jack told me very little of. But the good thing for me, what with my lying husband, no longer best friend – and friend that now had a small baby – I didn’t have to see my lying husband or that bitch of a friend anymore. Nope, Jack and Alex were on yet another world tour – this one was for their, fifth album with Interscope.

No – no more Jack for at least eight months. I could tell though that Lisa was missing Alex terribly and I did sympathize with her because little Danielle was only four months old when her dad left to rock the world, once again. I remember when Annalyn was born and Jack had to go tour when she was only a day old – at least Dani and Alex had a chance to really bond.

I was sitting in Lisa’s kitchen playing with my ring, spinning it like a top – when my phone started to ring. I fished it out of my pocket and stared at the caller ID; it’s not like he hasn’t called me before – of course, he’s still putting on the charade that everything is a-okay in our marriage. No, that wasn’t it, right now the guys were supposed to be in Hong Kong – and it was four in the afternoon here, that just doesn’t make sense. I know Jack, he would, should be asleep.

I didn’t say anything; I just click the little green square to answer and held the phone to my ear.

“Oh, Jack! Harder! Fuck me, oh fuck me!”

“Mm, Jade…”


I had heard more than enough, I hung up – but not before throwing my phone on the floor, and then trying to stomp on it. I was so pissed when I looked down at the hardwood floor and saw I hadn’t done a single thing to my phone; Stupid fucking iPhone, I thought as I looked up to see Lisa holding Danielle looking at me like I was an escaped mental patient.

“Are you…?”

I shook my head, “No Lis’, I’m so not okay.”

I say back down in the chair I had been and looked at the table to see my wedding ring glaring at me evilly. Lisa bent down, baby in hand, and picked up my phone and handed it to me, “Are you gonna tell me – or do I have to guess?”

I ripped my gaze from the probably the biggest lie – one of the first lies, to stare into the eyes of my true best friend. Lisa had it all now. Alex married her in a quick, let’s get hitched before anyone seriously notices your pregnant, but extravagant wedding and now she has Danielle, named in straight up honor and remembrance of Daniel. If I wasn’t actually part of all of this, I think I would puke from all of the fuzziness or cry. I just don’t know.

“Jack is cheating on me,” Lisa’s mouth opened and she gasped.

She looked like she was trying to work it all out in her head, “Bella, right?”

I nodded, “I knew about Bella, but that was months ago, I even caught them together – and Jack lied about it straight to my face. But now? Their on tour, and he called me and…”

I was crying and I could feel Lisa wrapping her arms around me. Dani was in the middle of us in some sort of sandwich. “Jade, you got to tell him you know and maybe you can work through it or you can get divorced and be happier?”

I started to let go of Lisa’s hug and wipe away the trails of make-up on my face, “I don’t look very happy do I?”

“Nope,” Lisa smiled at me.

I keep wishing that I would have known the ending. But as I look back, I now wish that I could freeze the moments that meant the most to me – like the times I spent with Lisa, she was really my best friend. I never had someone like her before I met Jack. So, while I wish that I could have never met him – I would have never given up the times I shared with him, the memories we had, the love we shared, and the friends he gave me.
♠ ♠ ♠
That's update one of this week!
I'm just so uber excited.
I got a meet and greet with FTSK.
and an acoustic set with Cady Groves.
<3
So I'll try to update Friday.
For Jack's birthday of course!