In The End

Chapter 10

Still Lilah’s POV

* = in between, ~ = Guy, - = Chorus

I was clearly shocked. So was Mom. I knew she would want to. I didn’t really know exactly what I wanted. The shock quickly faded and I figured out what I wanted. I looked at Dad and almost giggled. He looked hella scared. “Dad,” I said seriously, “I would LOVE TO!” I yelled and jumped on him. Mom just smiled and walked over to us; throwing her arms around us in a tight hug. “I would love that, Frankie.” She said. Then she kissed Dad full on the mouth. I scrunched up my nose and quietly left the room. When I got downstairs, all my Mikey worries came flooding back. I wanted so badly to retreat to my room but just my luck, Mom and Dad are making out in there. EW! I quietly walked to the kitchen, grabbed a soda, and started making supper. When I cook, I’m in my own little world, and because of this little detail of my life, I didn’t notice Gerard, Bob, Ray and Mikey walk in the room. Damn I wish I would’ve before I started singing. I’m not bad but I don’t sing in front of people.

*"How can you see into my eyes like open doors,
Leading you down into my core, where I’ve become so numb?
Without a soul, my spirit’s sleeping somewhere cold,
Until you find it there and lead it back home."

-"Wake me up inside, wake me up inside,
Call my name and save me from the dark,
Bid my blood to run, before I come undone,
Save me from the nothing I’ve become."

*"Now that I know what I’m without,
You can’t just leave me,
Breathe into me and make me real,
Bring me to life."

-"Wake me up inside, wake me up inside,
Call my name and save me from the dark,
Bid my blood to run, before I come undone,
Save me from the nothing I’ve become."

I was startled when Gerard started singing the guy’s part. And by this point Mom and Dad were in the kitchen too.

~"All of this time, I can’t believe I couldn’t see,
Kept in the dark but you were there in front of me,
*I’ve been sleeping a thousand years it seems,
Got to open my eyes to everything, bring me to life"

-"Wake me up inside, wake me up inside,
Call my name and save me from the dark,
Bid my blood to run, before I come undone,
Save me from the nothing I’ve become."

*"Bring me to life,"

~"I’ve been living a lie, there’s nothing inside,"

*"Bring me to life."

The second I sang the last note everyone erupted in cheers. “Holy crap, Lilah, your mom told me you were great but she was wrong because that was amazing.” Dad said hugging the air out of me. “Thanks, Dad.” I said when he let me go. After that everyone but Mikey gave me a hug. I looked around for him but he was nowhere to be found. Mom and Dad took over cooking and I went and sat out back on the swing. I sat swinging in the warm California air. I sat there looking at the moon and stars and thinking about everything. I was startled out of my peaceful state by footsteps. “Nice night.” I said as I turned around to find Mikey standing there. “Yeah it is.” He replied. “Supper should be done soon.” “Ok.” Then everything was quiet and awkward. “I’m sorry about earlier.” I said to him. “Don’t be. I should’ve stopped it before it started.” He said.

I couldn’t help but to feel hurt and embarrassed again. I fought the tears that threatened to fall from my eyes. He must have noticed because before I knew it he was in front of me holding my face in his hands. He wiped away the stray tears that dared to fall. I wanted to pull away when he leaned forward but felt myself leaning toward him instead. The kiss was brief because I pulled away knowing I would just end up embarrassed again. “I don’t want to be hurt again.” I told him sadly. “I didn’t mean for you to be embarrassed or hurt.” He replied. “I know you didn’t.” “I do like you but the age difference and the guys..” “It’s fine. I understand.” I said cutting him off. “LILAH, MIKEY, SUPPER!” Mom yelled out the back door. “OKAY!” I yelled back. I looked at Mikey and left him standing where he was. I felt his eyes on my retreating form as I walked into the house.