Status: Slowly Updating :)

Only a Matter of Time

Take Me Away

"Adriannn! Babe, can you come down here?!" I yelled for my son to come down from his room so we, meaning him and I, could eat our dinner and conversate what has happend in our past day.
"Yeah Ma, be there in a minute." I hear a far yell from upstairs.

As I put the bowl of chef salad on the table, Adrian walks in with a bottle of water and a glass of tea. I set down as he hands me my water and takes a sip of tea out of his glass. I smack his hand. "Alright, mister. We've had this coversation many of times for the past 13 years, you should know by now." I look at him with a smile on my face as he smiles back. "Sorry mom. I just wanted a sip." "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Alright, give me your hands." He gave me his hands and I say our prayer we say every night before we eat.
"Dear Lord, bless this food and the people we care for. Watch for us and the people who we've loved and lost. Thank you, amen." Adrian lets go of my hands as quickly as possible and starts digging in. I giggle at the sight of my son acting as if I don't feed him. "Hey, hey. Slow down before you start choking. Chew normal." I say taking a bite of salad and chewing slowly. He laughs. "So how was your day baby boy? Anything good happen today?" He looks up at the corner of the dinning room, avoiding my eyes, thinking of a way to tell me something important. He squints his eyes a bit like someone I used to be in love with. I gaze at him while he thinks and begins to speak. "Well, alright." He drops his fork and starts opening up, and it's a load.

"Okay, there is this girl. Her name is Kali and I mean she is...beautiful, but of course not as beautiful as you Mom, but pretty dang close." I dropped my mouth with a little qurik. "My son? Adrian? Just called his 27 year old mom beautiful?" He laughed and brought his hand up to my cheek. I brought my hand over his. "Your to good for me, ya know that?" I said with a little smile at my voice. "No Mom. Your not. Your perfect, alright?" I nodded and we dropped our hands. I criss crossed my legs up on the chair and padded the table. "Alright, alright. Tell me everything about this Kali girl? She's beautiful but you can't just go on looks ya know? I'm prime example to that." I stated. He stared at me. "I know mom, I know. And I'm not. She's really great. I was thinking of asking her out on a date or something sometime this week, if that was alright with you?" He gestured as in I was the one that was going to be the driver. I sighed sarcasticly. "Well, I guess if I have too?" I smile and he gives me one back. "Kidding baby, of course I will." He stands up and gives me a hug then sits back down and can't get the smile off his face. "Oh my god, baby, that smile. Your killing me with it." I say sweetly but his smile drops slowly from my words. I bring my hand up to his face. "Alright Mr. Grumpy gills. You get mad everytime I bring him up. What has been wrong with you? Whats happend now?" He plays with his food. I stare at those blue-gray eyes his father has staring down at his food. "Honey please tell me?" I do a fake pout as he looks up and glances at me, can't help but to smile at my face. "Well, I don't know. I've just been thinking a lot lately of how much he's missed all because you two split. I mean, I've never actually had a father figure because well, he hasn't been around much. I don't know. It's just been bugging me lately." I smile sadly. "I'm sorry baby boy. I've always thought it would end up this way. I thought I was working good enough with everything that it wouldn't bug you much but I guess I was at a fail from the beginning. Huh?" He kinda nods without looking at me. "Well, alright. Adrian, I'm going to tell you this and you have to promise me that you won't say a word to anyone else? Got me?" He nods. "Okay. Your father and I have been talking a little bit more lately. Maybe that means something?" I smile innocently. He wide eyes and looks at me like I'd just gave him a million dollars. "Are you serious Mom?" He whispers. I nod then put my finger over his mouth. "Promise not to tell anyone? You got to be mature about this?" I say giving him a serious look before looking into those beautiful eyes and smiling automatically. "Yes Mah'm!" He says quickly getting excited and gets up hugging me. I hug him tighter and tell him I love you. I just hope that his excitment, faith, and hope gives his father and me a good chance at it again. "I love you Mom. With all my heart. No other women could make me happier but you Mommy." I smile and pull back from the hug a little to view his face. He wipes tears off my cheeks, apparently I was crying. "Oh, I Love You. Your my main priority in life baby and nothing will change that."

-Ding Dong- We seperate from our hug and both look towards the living room door? Then we glace at each other and look confused. Wonder who that could be...?
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENTS GUYS....please! It's sort of a short chapter, I guess? Sorry. <3 :)