The Letter to Nowhere

You were a zombie when I first met you.

Dearly Departed,

I never got to say goodbye. You faded away from existence, up into the atmosphere of vapors. You were my best friend, even if I didn't remember it when you first brought it up those many days ago.

It kills me now that the memories have flooded back. The memories of us. Our laughter, jokes, and contentment. Eating sea salt ice cream, tasting the salty before the sweet with you. Your wise cracks when I got depressed, lifting me up again.

You once said, "You were a zombie when I first met you." You were right. Every fiber of what I was screamed that I was un-dead, never living. I never truly lived until I met you.

Wisdom was something you gave me, from the littlest of things you did. Support is what you gave me when everything was chaos. Love is what I felt whenever I was with you.

I never realized it until it was too late to say anything. You gave all the hints you could in trying to tell me that you loved me too. That you wanted to be with me. I never caught on, and you never pressed into it. Never shoved anything on me that you thought would push me away.

I wish you did. I wish you would have pushed your love on me no matter how unsure you felt about it. I would have loved you back. I would have. But now it's too late.

You're gone, but never forgotten. I'll never forget. Ever. I'll always love you. That is one thing that will never change.

Love,
Roxas
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are loved. Con/Crit is cherished. <3