The Girl With the Black Book

Zehn

Bambi Rose and Hermione Granger were petrified.

Bambi Rose was looking for a book to entertain herself, as the books she already read from her birthday and Christmas were already done and finished with, so she thought of finding a book she thought as interesting. She thought that Hogwarts, A History was interesting, as she always loved the history itself. She never knew exactly why people never liked the history class. She found them fascinating.

She then bumped into Hermione, accidentally. Hermione never saw Bambi Rose in the library before, as she never knew that Bambi Rose was interested in books. Of course, when Hermione saw the book Bambi Rose was carrying, she let that one thought drift away. Obviously, she never saw her was because Hermione never saw Bambi Rose enter the library when Bambi Rose was in it.

That was when they were petrified.

Hermione decided to walk Bambi Rose out of the library, talking about different books that they enjoy, when Hermione took out a mirror and saw big, yellow eyes. Bambi Rose and Hermione were almost going to run, when they were still as statues, never once uttering a word.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"What do you mean we can't see our sister?" Piper asked.

"I'm sorry, but visiting hours are over. You need to come back tomorrow to visit her," Madam Pomfrey told them.

"The hell with tomorrow. We want to see our baby sister! And we're not taking no for an answer," and after Nevada said this, he pushed Madam Pomfrey put of the way and went straight toward Bambi Rose's bed.

Bambi Rose's face was all shocked, but her jaw wasn't down, like most people, but her eyes were huge. Almost as if she didn't believe that it could happen. Apparently, the only person that wasn't there looking at their baby sister was Joy. She didn't know her own sister has been petrified, as she was in the Gryffindor towers finishing up some last minute homework.

However, the next day was simply different. The Swan siblings were sitting together, except for Joy as she was just coming in. She was a bit confused as to why her siblings were together, as the only time they were ever together was during Christmas or family dinners without Bambi Rose.

"What's going on?" Joy asked.

"Your baby sister was petrified last night. Where were you when you heard the news?" Nevada spat at his big sister.

Joy, of course, didn't believe him. She didn't think her own sister was petrified, as Piper was sitting with them. She didn't remember that her baby sister was Bambi Rose and she didn't even notice or care.

The Swans' all spent the rest of the day miserable, except for Joy, of course.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Wait, you think a snake is petrifying this students?" Terran asked.

"We don't think. We know it's a snake. No one can hear this voice except me. The spiders fear this great beast. Only snakes make the spiders fear it. It makes sense," Harry explained.

"But why hasn't anyone died. A basilisk can kill anybody by just looking into the beast's eyes," Terran said.

"Exactly. Nobody has exactly stared into the eyes," Ron said.

"Nearly Headless Nick can't die because he's already dead and Justin just stared right through him. Colin looked through the camera lenses. Hermione had a mirror in her hand, which gives them a way for Bambi Rose and Hermione to just look at it's reflection," Harry said.

"Then explain Mrs. Norris," Terran said.

"The water. Mrs. Norris saw the Basilisk's eyes through the reflection of the water. That's how Mrs. Norris got petrified," Harry said.

"Then how is the snake going through the whole school?" Terran asked.

"Pipes. Hermione already answered that. The snake is going through the pipes around the school. That's how it can get around," Ron said.

"The muggle-born witch that died here was killed in the bathroom. What if she never left?" Terran questioned.

And that was how they set on their great adventure with Professor Lockheart.