The Girl With the Black Book

Zwölf

Bambi Rose woke up to the train lurching again. She got up and then noticed that they were now on Hogwarts grounds. She grabbed her trunk and owl and headed up toward the end of the train. She stepped down and off the train as she muttered her first words: "Home." Bambi Rose's only home has always been Hogwarts, as her Aunt Midge travels everywhere.

Bambi Rose went to find a compartment by herself, but found herself alone, as usual. People don't particularly like Bambi Rose, as they always wanted her to leave Hogwarts and go to Beauxbatons or some other school across Europe. Bambi Rose never liked the insults she's been given, especially since she could never defend herself in anything. Bambi Rose got into the carriage and felt it moving. She smiled at the very beautiful thestral. Since she could talk to Vormund, she could talk to other animals, too.

"Alone again, Rose?" the thestral asked.

"Nobody likes me. So, I guess it doesn't matter. If they don't like me, I guess I don't have to try to fit it," she told the thestral.

"It would be nice to see some people in your carriage," he told her.

"You can never get everything in life," she told him.

The carriage finally pulled up in front of the castle. Bambi Rose said goodbye to her thestral friend and set off inside the castle. She felt the cooling air rush against her face, as she set down her trunk and Vormund with the others.

"I hope you know that if I die, I will haunt you," Vormund told her.

"Not if I die first," Bambi Rose said confidently.

Bambi Rose set herself toward the Great Hall and sat down, as everybody started moving away from her. She just shook her head and took out her black book. She still needed to know who she was going to give the book to next. She still doesn't know who, though.

Bambi Rose ignored that thought and continued drawing. She drew a sad looking angel with fucked up wings. The drawing actually expressed how she was feeling. She didn't know if it was good or if she was depressed. Of course, the angel wasn't beautiful. The angel had an ugly face and a plump body. Bambi Rose started writing something in the corner, which said 'Everything had beauty, but not everyone can see it.'

Bambi Rose closed her book and let the fresh smell of food take her in. She only took small things, like fruits and a bit of pumpkin pasties. But other than that, Bambi Rose didn't eat a lot. She wanted to be skinny. She wanted to be thin. She wanted to be beautiful.

And Bambi Rose was going to get beautiful.