The Girl With the Black Book

Fünfzehn

Bambi Rose entered her Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. She saw a closet, which seemed to move back and forth a lot. She just stared at it. Everybody also entered the classroom, looking at what Bambi Rose was looking at. They all just stared at it. Then, their professor came into the room. He introduced himself as Professor Lupin, which Bambi Rose thought of him as a pretty good man and a nice teacher all in all.

"Neville, will you come up," Professor Lupin asked him.

Neville came up to the front of the class nervously. Bambi Rose just smiled at him. Neville was first to face what Professor explained as a boggart. Neville told him that he feared Professor Snape, which a lot of people just laughed. Bambi Rose, however, did not. She thought it was perfectly natural to fear someone. Professor Lupin told the class to use a charm that could only make the boggart disappear, which is laughter. He let the boggart out and let Neville try to handle it himself. Professor Snape came into the room, a stern look on his face, making Bambi Rose fear him.

"Riddikulus," Neville said.

Professor Snape was now wrapped in a green dress, a very scary looking hat, and a prada red bag. Bambi Rose giggled, making it remind her of her Aunt Bridge. She always remembered her wearing a very red dress, a pair of spiky alligator heels, and a ferret hat.

"Excellent, Neville. Get in a single file line, everybody," Professor Lupin told everybody.

Bambi Rose was after Ron, which meant she was third. She tried to think of something she feared. The only thing that popped inside her head was heights. How was she supposed to make that funny? She couldn't think of anything else. After Ron defeated his fear, it was Bambi Rose's. She took a deep breath walked forward. The spider's eyes were glaring at her, and something happened.

She was falling. She looked down, and all she saw were millions of feet high. She thought of something, before she muttered 'riddikulus'. Her fear of heights changed into something hysterical, but she didn't know what it is. She finally understood. Bambi Rose conjured Malfoy on a bull, very angry at him, apparently. Professor Lupin congratulated her on it and let her leave. She stood in the back with everybody else who finished before her. She took out her black book and began drawing.

Bambi Rose drew a young man in a graveyard, face up and frozen, as if he was dead. It seems like it the way that Bambi Rose drew it. She finished drawing the statue when she saw a Professor Lupin's fear. His fear was of the moon. It made Bambi Rose wonder, but she couldn't be sure.

Class was finally over and everybody left, her brother still not sure what Bambi Rose's fear even is. Bambi Rose left the room and made her way toward the Transfiguration room. She accidentally bumped into somebody, making her stuff fall toward the ground.

"Watch it, you freak," she heard somebody yell.

She looked up and saw Malfoy. She just bent down and collected her stuff and silently walked right past him, ignoring the glances that he gave her. Bambi Rose was so close to tears, but she wasn't going to let one loose, to give Malfoy the satisfaction that he wanted from her.

"Watch it, Malfoy. Nobody calls me sister a freak," she heard her brother shout.

She turned around, just in time to see her brother, Terran, push Malfoy up against the wall, even when he had his arm in bandages. Bambi Rose smiled and walked off to Transfiguration.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bambi Rose curled up in a small little ball in her room and kept drawing different things. She drew a small girl, letting a heart shaped balloon fly away. She was just about finished, when a small quote went into her head. She wrote:

'I let my heart go to find you. Hurry back soon.'

She didn't know why, but it made her write this. She can't explain it, and she can never explain why she draws such different perspectives and views of different things. She remembered drawing the wall that made the Chamber of Secrets opened. She just drew what was going to happen, she didn't mean for it to actually happen. Bambi Rose looked at the book more carefully.

"Vormund," Bambi Rose called out.

Vormund muttered sleepily in his sleep, but woke up. He looked at Bambi Rose curiously.

"What can this book do?" she asked him.

"The book can make you see into things that can never be seen again. But it depends on the person, not the book," Vormund explained.

"I'm not the heir of Gryffindor, am I?" Bambi Rose asked him softly.

"Far from it. I cannot explain yet, Rose. Some other time, maybe," Vormund told her.

All she did was nod. Her stomach grew hungry and begged for food. All she did was ignore it and forced herself to sleep. She was getting skinnier. And she liked that.