The Girl With the Black Book

Achtzehn

Bambi Rose was with her Aunt Midge. Since she knew what happened to Bambi Rose's arm, she simply kept her away from them. Midge never liked her sister, Lisa. Midge thought Lisa loved perfection too much that she forgot how to have fun or to find any means of life. That was why Midge loved her niece, Bambi Rose. Midge thought that she was beautiful, whether she showed imperfection or not. Bambi Rose loves to have fun and loves being a kid. Midge sometimes thought that Lisa pushed her children a little too far to the edge.

Midge took her niece to a ravishing place, a place Bambi Rose has been begging to go. Midge never liked Quidditch, and neither did Bambi Rose, so they didn't go to the game, even if everybody wanted to go. Aunt Midge took her niece to America, since she always loved it.

Bambi Rose kept touching her upper arm, feeling her arm. She kept feeling the blisters and the burned mark. Midge tried to comfort her by buying her American ice cream. Bambi Rose thought it was kind of her and enjoyed it. She never tasted anything so sweet. She loved the flavor, she loved the sweetness that filled her teeth and tongue. She loved the sweet taste filling her taste buds.

Her Aunt Midge smiled at her niece's reactions. She remembered when she visited America and tasted the ice cream. Midge patted Bambi Rose's right arm, as her left arm was still healing. Midge hopes that her sister wouldn't push her niece over the edge, like Joy.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bambi Rose got on the train. She tried to pull her sleeve over her left arm, but it wouldn't do. So she covered it. Terran still protected his baby sister as best as he could, but all Bambi Rose did was tell him that she was fine. Vormund just looked at her burned mark.

Bambi Rose found a compartment to herself, as usual. She tried her best to hiding her mark, but nothing seemed to do. She decided to change, even if she wasn't near the castle yet. She didn't want anybody to know. She closed the curtains and changed out of her muggle clothes into her Ravenclaw uniform. She pulled the covers off the windows and her bird cage and sat down on one of the seats in her compartment.

She could hear people talking about the game. Shame that she didn't go. Bambi Rose wouldn't like it, anyway. She never cared for the sport nor did she enjoy it. She always found it pointless. Bambi Rose continued to watch the scenery unfold, much like she did when she left Hogwarts. She couldn't explain it, but she loved nature. She loved the smell of rain water hitting the grass, making it smell sweet and making it feel crisp. She loved the way the sunflowers danced around her when the wind picks up.

Bambi Rose grabbed her black book and began drawing. The pencil danced on her book, making it come to life even more. She drew a small boy, dancing in a meadow filled with flowers. Bambi Rose thought the picture pretty much explained everything. She didn't need a quote or a message to get through, but to merely get to the point. She loved this drawing. She loved what she did with the shadows and the small boy, who you clearly couldn't see the face just yet.

Bambi Rose closed her black book before signing her name and date when she noticed the castle was getting closer. She stuffed her black book inside her trunk and took her bird cage.

"I never liked being stuffed in a cage. Not enough room," Vormund complained.

"Vormund, you've been complaining since we got on the train. There was a reason why I ignored you," Bambi Rose told him.

"I'm just saying. Maybe we could get a bigger cage?" Vormund asked hopefully.

"Not a chance. You know how my parents hate getting you things and Aunt Midge rather you learn your lesson by being a normal bird," Bambi Rose told her feathery friend.

Bambi Rose climbed into the carriage and sat down, leaving her stuff next to her since everybody else was already in another carriage. She met up with her old friend again, and they had a pleasant conversation until they got inside the castle. Bambi Rose grabbed hold of her trunk and birdcage and went inside the beautiful castle that is Hogwarts. She entered with caution and set her things next to the others. She followed the other students inside the castle and sat alone, like always.

Bambi Rose doesn't remember the sorting, but she did remember Dumbledore's speech. He said that Quidditch was canceled for this year, and some went into an uproar. Bambi Rose just sat there, as she kept eating her mashed potatoes. Dumbledore told everybody to clam down, as he had other news to say. He said that the Tri-Wizard tournament would be held at Hogwarts this year, and that two other school would be coming here also, so it brought up another uproar. Bambi Rose heard of a Tri-Wizard cup before. She heard of it from Vormund, as he once witnessed the cup before.

Bambi Rose ignored everything. The rules were clear and everything must be done. Bambi Rose knew she wouldn't enter. She doesn't want eternal glory. She doesn't want money. She doesn't want any of it. She just wants to be herself, and that's all she'll ever be, no matter what anybody says.

Bambi Rose pulled down her sleeve shirt and scratched her burnt mark. She was glad that nobody saw her mark, or people would ask question. She felt someone's eyes, though. She looked around, and was met with a pair of gray eyes. Bambi Rose clearly saw a look she once saw before, but something new was there. She pulled up her sleeve and began drawing invisible drawing on the table. One thing kept popping in her mind. The look in Draco's eyes.

They scream sadness. And she didn't know why.
♠ ♠ ♠
x <--- I find this quote kinda like Bambi Rose, but I'm not sure. What do YOU think?

Thank you:
xXSalamanderzXx - for commenting on each of my chapters and making me laugh on your last one
izzylizzy95
Kitty Got Claws
Missterious - for telling me about my writing and saying that Bambi Rose has simple thoughts (which is true)
QuietChick - for liking it and saying that Bambi Rose is a striking main character
Gryffindork -_-
And my readers and subscribers, for making this story even possible.