The Girl With the Black Book

Neunzehn

Bambi Rose sat alone in her room. She was studying her guitar. She studied the details and the fine work that a muggle must have worked hard on. She smiled. She appreciates all the muggles in the world. She knows that they all work hard to earn money to feed their family and provide shelter for them. She strummed the guitar, hearing the soft melody of the guitar. She remembered her third year where she played a song she remembered hearing, but she didn't know the name.

Bambi Rose left her burnt mark on her arm. The touch still felt hot. She asked her Aunt Midge to try to get the mark off, but the mark seemed to be part of a spell that her mother did when she made the brand. Bambi Rose could still feel the metal touching her skin, and the burning sensation she felt when it was pressed against it. She could still hear her cries around the house. She was glad her brother was there to help her.

She held one of the keys to her hand and started strumming lightly. Bambi Rose didn't know what she was doing, but she liked the rhythm. She liked the beat. She liked how the strumming matched her own heart beat. She heard a knock on the door, so she put her guitar away and ran up to the door. She answered the door and saw a small girl standing outside her door.

"Professor Flitwick asked me to get you. You were supposed to be in the Great Hall," the small girl told her.

Bambi Rose just nodded her head. She rolled her sleeve back down and followed the small girl downstairs. Bambi Rose wasn't hungry, but she didn't want to be rude to the new guests. She set down the corridors and went alone toward the entrance hall. Professor Flitwick noticed her and guided her toward the other fourth years. Everybody was waiting patiently. Bambi Rose just wanted to be in her room, playing the soft lullabies of her guitar. Everybody kept guessing how the other schools are traveling. She hardly could care less. She was never fond of meeting new people. She finds it easy to be left alone and to never even associate with anybody.

Bambi Rose saw a fair glimpse of something, but she could hardly tell. It was dark out, nightfall. She saw a rather huge carriage, traveling by majestic winged horses. The horses were very unusual, and they seemed to be unpleasant.

"Why must we be set out here?" Bambi Rose heard someone ask.

"As if I know. These grounds are hardly kept clean. I'd rather go back home," she heard again.

She noticed it was the horses that were talking. She ignored them and payed attention more to the carriage. The carriage door was embossed with the golden coat of arms and opened to reveal golden steps. It was really beautiful, Bambi Rose thought. The headmistress stepped out, which was the same height as Hagrid. She never thought she could meet a very huge woman like her. And now she can cross that off of her 'things I need to see' list.

People were now wondering how the Durmstrang school was coming by. Someone pointed out something in the lake. She noticed a rather large ship coming into view. The ship was bigger than her house, and her house is extremely big. The ship stopped at the edge of the lake, as some students seemed to be pouring out.

Bambi Rose stood on her tippy toes to see the Durmstrang students, but it seemed that she was too short to not be able to see. She looked around, looking for her twin brother. Maybe he could help her see. But it was too late. Everybody seemed to scramble away from the spot. She did the same and went inside to hear about what's going to happen for the tournament. She honestly wanted to slip away and go back to her dorm, but her head of house was right behind her. He seemed to know her like the back of his hand.

She sat down next to the other Ravenclaw students and began to eat. The students for Beauxbatons were sitting with them. Bambi Rose wasn't a big fan of veela students, especially the girl. The boys were fine, though. She just ate silently, while everybody else was making friends with the transfer students.

"Mind if I sit 'ere?" she heard a thick French accent ask her.

She looked up and saw a boy with brown hair, dark brown, almost black, eyes, a very complex features, and Bambi Rose thought he was cute.

"Sure," she simply said.

She scooted a little to let him sit down, which he took.

"I'm Noël Bonnet. And you are?" he asked her.

"I'm Bambi Rose Swan," she introduced.

"A very lovely name for a very lovely girl," he complemented.

She blushed a deep shade of scarlet. She was never complimented by a boy before, and she was flattered.

"Thank you. I like your name," she complemented back.

"Itz an okay name. Not a good name like yourz," Noël told her.

Th conversation between them seemed endless. Bambi Rose never had a conversation with anybody, unless someone told her a rude insult that she wished she would never repeat. It was nice to have a decent conversation with somebody.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Halloween. Bambi Rose loved the holidays. She loved the beautiful decorations that resemble the perfect holiday. It was also the day that the champions are chosen. She met up with Noël at the Great Hall. She sat next to him.

"So, are you entering?" she asked him.

"Nah. Ze competition seems endless. Plus, I zink that it looks suicidal. What about you?" Noël asked.

"I'm not seventeen yet. I'll be fifteen in January, though," she told him.

"Must be nice. I already turned seventeen in September. Mais même si je ne leur tour dix-sept, je ne serait toujours pas entrer," he confessed, but he spoke in French, by accident.

"I wouldn't, either. Seems dangerous," she told him.

"You know French?" he asked her, surprised by this.

"Bits here and there. My Aunt Midge used to take me to France when I was younger, and it seemed to grasp to me," she told him honestly.

Their conversation seemed to end there, as they seemed to be talking for hours and hours. They were ready to announce the three champions. Bambi Rose drifted off, looking at the beautiful sky. She was wondering what it would be like to fly, but she was afraid of heights. There was no way that she would be flying on anything.

"The champion for Durmstrang will be Viktor Krum," Dumbledore announced. Everybody was clapping and cheering, while Bambi Rose did it by force. She didn't wish to clap for anybody.

"The champion for Beauxbatons is Fleur Delacour," he announced.

"No surprise zere," Noël told her, as he was clapping along with everybody else.

"The Hogwarts champion is Cedric Diggory."

The Hufflepuff table seemed to be cheering the most. Dumbledore began another speech, until Bambi Rose noticed the flames turning red again. The flames spitted out another piece of paper. Dumbledore reached his hand and caught the piece of paper and read the name.

"Harry Potter."
♠ ♠ ♠
The question that ShadowHeart asked me was a good question. Lisa used some sort of spell to make sure that nobody can take the mark off of her, as she is evil. There will be something, though. And see what I did with the conflict right there? Huh? Hope you like!

Noël Bonnet

Mais même si je ne leur tour dix-sept, je ne serait toujours pas entrer. - But even if I did turn seventeen, I still wouldn't enter.