The Girl With the Black Book

Vierundzwanzig

Bambi Rose was sad. The year went by so fast. She was going to miss Noël. She enjoyed his company. But he promised that he'll write to her when he gets the chance, but he has to give Bambi Rose one thing. It was when he was getting ready to leave.

"Bambi, may I see you for a minute?" he asked her.

Bambi Rose nodded her head. He lead her to an empty corridor where he did the most surprising thing that she didn't expect.

Noël kissed her. On the lips. It was her first kiss. Bambi Rose was surprised. She didn't know what to do. He knew she wasn't kissing back and stopped. He just looked into her eyes, and noticed how green they were. He never saw anything green before.

"You don't love me, do you?" he asked her.

"I love you like a brother. I'm sorry," she told him, hanging her head in shame.

"'Ey, zere is nothing to be sorry about. I shouldn't 'ave kissed you. I should be ze one to be sorry," he told her, lifting up her chin.

She just smiled at him. At least he understood. He gave her one last hug, as a goodbye. She did hug him back, though. She was still in shock that a boy, a boy she doesn't even know that well, kissed her. Out of all the girls at his school, he choose her. She didn't understand what was so special about her. She had average hair that changed when the sun hits her head, average eyes, and an average body. She couldn't even compare herself to the other beautiful girls at her school or at Beauxbatons.

Her personality is what everybody else avoids.

Her personality gave her the name freak. She draws nothing in a small black book, her imagination scares everybody that knows about it, she talks to animals, and her only friend is a raven and a half giant. Bambi Rose was usually picked on. She couldn't quite grasp that a boy actually likes her and stole her first kiss. She held a piece of parchment with an address on it in her hand. She stuffed the parchment in her pocket and grabbed her trunk and bird cage. She left the empty corridors and started boarding the train. She found an empty compartment to herself and sat down. Bambi felt the train lurch and started moving. She decided to change early, since she was going to be too busy day dreaming and looking at the scenery.

She closed the curtains and Vormund's cage and changed out of her wizard's robes and uniform and changed into a clean gray shirt, a pair of zebra print jeans, and a pair of white tennis shoes. She pulled the curtains up and let Vormund see again.

"I hate it when you drape over my cage. Why can't you just change in the girls room like everybody else?" Vormund asked.

"You know how everybody keeps giving me insults and has been playing keep away with my black book," Bambi Rose told him.

Vormund just rolled his eyes, which is very usual when a bird does it. Bambi Rose saw him do it hundreds of times. She was always used to it, though. She sat down again and watched as the scenery passed by her. She's seen it hundreds of times when she was on the train and she never grew bored of it. She loved it. She smiled at the beauty that was passing by her. She felt sleepy, and curled herself up in a ball and fell fast asleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Rose! It's time to wake up," was the first thing that she heard.

She saw Vormund and decided to get up. She rubber her eyes and got up. She was scared. She didn't want to see any of her parents right now. She was afraid that they were going to hurt her, that they were going to abuse her because of the article that Rita Skeeter did on the Daily Prophet. Bambi Rose knew that her parents read the Daily Prophet, that they were going to abuse her. Her Aunt Midge was picking her up, but was dropping her off at her parents on the last week of August. She was going to have a terrible summer. She just knows it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Aside from her Aunt Midge, Bambi Rose knew that she was right. Right when Bambi Rose set foot inside her house, the house with good and terrible memories from her past, she was beaten and neglected. She was starved because of it. If she thought the burn mark on her arm was bad, she was wrong. She remembered what her dad did to her right when she set foot inside.

Her father started shouting at her, how she disgraced the name of Swan and of Gryffindor. He started shouting that she was the biggest mistake in her life, and that she should've died when she first breathed her fresh breathe of air. Bambi Rose just sat there and took it. She couldn't do anything, really. She didn't cry and she didn't snap back. She didn't want a repeat of the last time when she snapped back at him, but she had a built up sadness and rage, but she held her tongue.

One day, he took it too far. Bambi Rose was busy cooking a meal for her family, as she always does. Her father came home from a hard day at work. He noticed that she was wearing a tank top and a pair of jeans.

He rapped her.

He rapped her right in the kitchen. Bambi Rose felt violated. She could still feel her father's hands creeping up her thigh and waist. She tried taking a shower, to get rid of the dirt that was inflicted upon her, but it was no use. No matter how hard she scrubbed, she couldn't get the dirt off of her. She curled up in the corner of her room, and cried herself to sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

She got onto the train and found a compartment to herself. She covered her right eye with part of her bangs. She wanted to cover her right eye because her mother found out about the rape and beat her. Lisa beat up until she curled up in a bloody mess. Bambi Rose has a black eye, and was throbbing very much. She found a compartment to herself and Vormund. She reached into her trunk and grabbed hold of her black book. She drew a father with a little girl, both of them smiling. She drew herself and her father when she was younger. She cried silent tears, some of them landing on the page.

She finished off her drawing and decided to change. She let the covers down on both the compartment and changed into her robes. After she was done, she made sure that her right eye was covered by her bangs. She didn't dare show anybody her scars. She didn't dare show anybody that she's weak. She didn't want anybody to feel pity for her. Her siblings didn't want to show any sympathy, even though they witness her getting hurt. Piper once saw her getting rapped in the kitchen. Neither of their siblings could do anything. Bambi Rose had to defend for herself.

And she can't do it alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
X<--- I'm going cuckoo for pictures! I'm serious, I may need more picture ideas. What do you think of this picture?
1,2,3<--- I found the girl who plays Bambi Rose! Her name is Martine.
And thanks to Missterious, I find these songs like the story. Thank you!
sharada - skye sweetnam - her personality
homeless heart - amanda stott - their love
And somebody told me that Bambi Rose was a stripper name. You do not know how surprised and shock I was, and how hard I was laughing. I just find it hilarious.