The Girl With the Black Book

Siebenundzwanzig

Dracowanted... no, needed to find out more about Bambi. He thinks she's hiding something, a secret of some sort. He needed to find out more of it, and, because he was desperate, went to the first thing that came to his mind.

"Oi! Swan! I need a talk with you," Draco called out.

Terran turned around and was staring hard at Malfoy. Draco noticed that he has the same green eyes as Bambi. He found them so memorizing. Then he found it was her twin brother. Of course they would be alike.

"I need to ask you a question," he told him, in a very bossy manner.

"If it's about the potions we're doing, I'm not-" he started off, but Draco already cut him off.

"It's not about that, Swan. I'm doing fine in Potions, thank you very much. I want to know more about your sister," Draco stated.

"I don't think Piper is interested in you, Malfoy. She doesn't have a thing for whiny Slytherins like yourself," Terran told him.

"Not Piper, Swan. Bambi!" Draco told him harshly.

"Why do you want to know about my twin sister?" Terran asked him curiously.

"Because I wanted to know if she could tap dance," Draco told him sarcastically. He finally regretted asking him about Bambi. "I want to know how she got that bruise on her eye."

"Listen, Malfoy. That is not of your concern. This is only between me, my twin sister, my siblings, and my parents. And if you start getting into my baby sister's stuff and invading your privacy, you are going to be sorry you did it. Now stay away from my baby sister and stay out of our business," Terran told him. He walked away from him and headed to his next class.

Draco noticed a silver vile in the back of the boy's pants. It contained something silvery; a memory. He wondered who's memory it was. He pushed that to the back of his mind and headed toward Transfiguration, with the Ravenclaws.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Oi! Rose!" Terran called.

Bambi Rose turned around. Only her twin brother could call her Rose. Nobody else except for Vormund, Hagrid, and her other creature friends.

"What is it, Terran? You didn't loose it, did you?" Bambi Rose asked nervously.

"No, I didn't loose it. I still have it my back pocket," Terran told her.

"Then what is it? You'll make me late for my Transfiguration class," she told him.

"Malfoy asked me about you," Terran told her.

"Why?" she asked him.

"He saw the bruise on your eye. It's getting better, but its still visible. What did Madam Pomfrey say about it?" Terran asked her.

"She told me to put on the ointment on and around my eye three times a week. And why did Draco ask about me?" Bambi Rose asked.

"I don't know. Let me look inside my crystal ball," Terran said sarcastically, using his hands to absorb an invisible ball. "Nope, no answer. Come on, Rose. You know me better than that. And why do you call him by his first name?"

"I don't find it appropriate by calling people by their last name, even if they are annoying and rude," she explained.

Terran just rubbed his eyes and shooed her away, meaning that he was done and off to class she goes. Bambi Rose did so. She walked off and went to her Transfiguration class with the Slytherins. Bambi Rose doesn't mind the Slytherins, no. What she can't stand was their behavior in the class. She could never understand how students like them even belong with the Ravenclaws. She just couldn't stand them. She wished they'd mature more and actually learn for a change. She knew she wasn't getting that wish just yet.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

She walked into the room and sat down next to her usual seat, which was always next to Draco. She doesn't like him, but she doesn't hate him. She rarely made enemies. The only enemy she has is Pansy. But she still calls her by her first name. It's always out of habit. Professor McGonagall came into the classroom and started talking about the lesson that they were learning. Bambi Rose got bored, so she decided to draw a little. She quietly grabbed her black book and started drawing.

About thirty minutes of the class, Professor McGonagall was still talking and Bambi Rose finally finished her drawing. She drew two girls, each of them on a swing set. One was swinging normally while the other was swinging the other way, her head bent. It was dark, so nobody could really see the faces. She wrote underneath the picture 'How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?' She set her mechanical pencil down and quietly put her book away. She doesn't want to get into any trouble. She looked up and payed attention to whatever her professor was saying.

Draco was bored out of his mind. He couldn't stand teachers rambling about whatever it was the students were doing. He looked at Bambi and noticed she was still covering her right eye. She was doing a good job of it, too. He sighed. He needed to know who did that to her. And the mark on her shoulder? He wanted to know what it says and who did that to her, too. And the mark on her cheek when she was in her third year. He kept wondering who would hurt a small girl like her? Who would do something like that?

Class was over and everybody packed their stuff away. Bambi Rose just packed away her pencil and walked away quickly. She didn't want to be in a classroom right now. She needed air. She needed something to calm her nerves. She was thinking again. Thinking back to that night. She didn't want to think of that right now. She just couldn't. She was too vulnerable. She was too weak. She dared not to cry. She remembered her father's words when she always cried. 'Crying is for the weak. If you cry, then you're just showing to the world that you're weak.' She wanted to be alone. That was all she wanted right now.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was the first meeting. The first part wasn't going too well because Hermione was thinking of electing leaders, when Cho stated that Harry was already a leader. Right now, they were thinking of a name.

"I also think we should have a name," Hermione said brightly, her hand still in the air. "It would promote a feeling of team spirit and unity, don't you think?"

"Can we be called the Anti-Umbridge League?" said Angelina hopefully.

"Or the Ministry of Magic are Morons Group?" suggested Fred.

"I was thinking," said Hermione, frowning at Fred, "more of a name that doesn't tell everyone what we were up to, so we can refer to it safely outside meetings."

"The Defense Association?" said Cho. "The D.A. for short, so nobody knows what we're talking about?"

"Yeah, the D.A.'s good," said Ginny. "Only let's make it stand for Dumbledore's Army because that's the Ministry's worst fear, isn't it?"

Everybody thought that the D.A. was a fabulous choice. And now the real meeting was about to start. Harry stood at the front of everybody.

"I was thinking the first thing we should do is Expelliarmus, you know, the Disarming Charm. I know it's pretty basic but I've found it really useful --"

"Oh please," said Zacharias Smith, rolling his eyes and folding his arms. "I don't think Expelliarmus is exactly going to help us against You-Know-Who, do you?"

"I've used it against him," said Harry quietly. "It saved my life last June."

Smith opened his mouth stupidly. The rest of the room was very quiet.

"But if you think it's beneath you, you can leave."

Everybody stood quietly. Harry told everybody to start pairing up. Bambi Rose was stuck with Luna. They were both doing a really good job. After hours of doing the spell, it was time to leave. Bambi Rose grabbed hold of her bag and walked out of the room, making sure that her right eye wasn't visible. She went toward the Ravenclaw Tower, the other Ravenclaw students following right behind her. She answered the riddle and walked in and going straight to her room. She just wants to be left alone, something that she hasn't gotten in a while. She silently cried herself to sleep, thinking about her memories.
♠ ♠ ♠
x This is just SO CUTE! Thank you QuietChick, for finding this picture and the other pictures that I will soon post really soon.
I used another background. Tell me what you think. If you don't like it, I could always go back to the pink background.