The Girl With the Black Book

Achtundzwanzig

Bambi Rose sat quietly in an empty corridor. She hasn't had a lot of alone time. She was always near someone and it made her cringe. She wanted to be alone. She didn't want anyone to witness her crying. She was lucky that it was dark out. She didn't want anybody out right now. She was alone, scared. She was going home again. Aunt Midge was sick. She couldn't take care of her in her fragile state. Bambi Rose wants one year of her aunt taking care of her for a change. Of course, she did in her first year. But that was only one time. She needed her Aunt Midge. She needed her to sing her lullaby. She needed her to protect her. She just needs to feel safe, wanted. She doesn't feel wanted at school. Everybody was picking on her again, calling her names.

She let a few loose tears free. The wind was coming through and stung her eyes. She closed her eyes and let the wind touch her exposed skin. She was wearing her pajamas, which were a pair of flannel pajamas and an over-sized pajama shirt. Her burnt mark was showing only a little, but the wind keeps blowing her sleeve up. She was a bit cold, but she was used to it. She remembered when her parents forced her to sleep outside in the dog house that they had. She only got that punishment once a year and it was always during the winter break. She was shivering. She stood up from where she was and started heading back up to her room. She needed to get back her warmth again. She was a pure-blood, but that didn't mean that she didn't learn anything from muggle textbooks.

Bambi Rose was always studying about muggle animals and how they needed to be treated. She always wanted to be a veterinarian for every creature there is. She came across some biology, Bambi Rose guess that it was a subject in a muggle school. She learned so much just from reading and re-reading books. Her twin brother always hated it about her. He said that she's acting like Hermione sometimes. She just smiled. She shook her thoughts away. She can't remember the last time she actually and truly smiled. She always held fake smiles, sometimes she was so good at it that they looked real.

She slipped inside the Ravenclaw tower and slipped inside her room. She looked outside through her window, enjoying the view. She was glad that she even has a view. She could see the black lake and the forbidden forest. She thought it was breathtaking, especially when the moon was glistening over the shallow waters. She used a half smile. She looked up at the stars, and saw a shooting star. She closed her eyes and made a wish.

"I wish for someone to care," Bambi Rose whispered softly.

She opened her eyes and quickly went off to bed. She slipped inside her bed and quickly, her dreams filled with endless fright.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The next D.A. meeting was something preoccupied her mind more. They were learning how to do stupefy. Bambi Rose was getting the hang of it, as always. She was learning fast. She liked to learn new things. She always told herself that if she doesn't push herself hard enough and fails, then she fails herself. That was why she always works harder than everybody else.

The D.A. was over with and it was now time for the holidays. Bambi Rose wanted to stay in the castle, but her parents are forcing her home. There was no escape. She couldn't do anything. Umbridge obviously told her father about what happened in her DADA class and wishes to 'speak' to her. She was frightened, scared, and Umbridge knew it, too. Umbridge knew that this was her way of punishment. She exited the room last. She took her time so she wouldn't have to leave. She didn't want to pack her things. She wanted to stay here at Hogwarts, but she didn't know what was coming for her at home just yet.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The break was over. Bambi Rose did receive her usual abuse, but it was far worse. From her father, she had to touch him and vice versa. She didn't enjoy it. She felt dirty. She felt use. She didn't like it. From her mother, her mother was the worse. Her mother whipped her with a belt and a whip. She could still hear her mother's cackles and the crack of a whip. She was scared. She could hear her cries, hear her father moan in pleasure, hear her moan in pleasure. She didn't enjoy it, but what he did to her made her like it. She couldn't explain why. She still felt sore and could feel her wounds healing, but not healing fast enough.

Terran told her to see Madam Pomfrey, but she refused. She just couldn't. She handed Terran another vile from her memory. She doesn't want to remember what happened. She just doesn't want to. She let silent tears roll down her cheek.

"Rose, why are you crying? Surely a pretty girl like you shouldn't cry," she heard Vormund say.

"I'm not pretty. I'm filthy, disgusting," she told her feathery friend.

"But there is no need to cry. Sure, your parents are horrible to you and you only, but you have one thing that they don't," Vormund told her.

"W-what?" she whimpered. She could feel one of her scabs breaking apart.

"You have a sense of imagination. And, as Albert Einstein has said, imagination is more important than knowledge," Vormund told her.

She just smiled. She always knew that Vormund could always make her feel a little better. Tears were still falling down her face.

"Why don't you live with your aunt? I'm sure she will love to have you," he told her.

"Aunt Midge is in a fragile state right now. She can't take care of me. Even if she can, I can't leave my siblings with my cruel parents."

"Maybe so, but once you turn seventeen next year, you'll be able to take care of yourself," he reassured her.

Of course. Bambi Rose could leave them, once she turns seventeen, of course. But right now, she can't handle it right now. She was stronger than that, though. She could do it. Then, she remembered the look Draco gave her when he saw her healing eye. He was concerned. She never saw him give her a look like that. Usually, it was always something with jealousy, hatred, sadness, or anger. She never saw anything like that. But she just can't trust him right now. In her trusting state, she's starting to loose it. She just can't trust people with the secrets she knows, what's going on at home, and what her mother and father do to her. She just can't.

Bambi Rose slept soundly, but painfully. Her nightmares filling her dreams, and a pair of gray eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is credited to QuietChick again fro finding it, and making me laugh at it at the dead of the night.
this one is the one I found. Hehe. I like it.
I love how everybody that's commenting is usually on the right track on how the story is going. I think the closest is xXSalamanderzXx, but I'm not saying! And you get two updates! I'm on a roll!