The Girl With the Black Book

Vierundvierzig

"It all started with Rowena. She had two children; Helena, and I. I used to be human. My real name is Vormund. I'll get to what happened on how I changed into this form. But first, let me tell you about the black book.

"The black book has some sort of magic in it, to reconcile some sort of magic. Some use it for good, others for evil. The book can make anybody more powerful, more powerful than all four of them combined. But, Rowena added something for only the user to have. The black book can only be used when its true heir is given the book."

"That true heir is Bambi Rose," Terran whispered.

"But that doesn't make any sense. How can she be the true heir of Ravenclaw when everybody has been in Gryffindor?" Hermione asked.

"That has something to do with me. But please, let me finish. I was handed the black book. Helena wasn't very happy about it, but she knew that I was best to be given the book. The book is only to those who are creative enough to have it, who are more willing to use the book for something more. The book contains everybody's powers. That power can be used for anything; good or evil. What you want, you can have. That is why the Dark Lord wants it. If he signed his name, he can be able to have everybody's power, but also knowledge. It contains a part of your soul. That is why its not a horcrux.

"But tragic struck for me. My father died tragically, and he wasn't exactly a very good father for me. Everybody blamed me for killing him, which isn't true. My mother knew the truth, but nobody believed her. Salazar and Helga thought it best to kill me, but Godric thought I shouldn't be sentenced to death. He thought as my punishment, I should be forever flying through the sky. My wife, Yonda, wouldn't even look at me. When she gave birth to my daughter, she told her that she is the heir of Gryffindor. Godric thought it to be fair, and welcomed it. Rowena was very weak then, so she couldn't do anything. She told me to give the book to the next heir that is sorted into Ravenclaw, not Gryffindor.

"Since then, I have watched everybody from my blood line being sorted into Gryffindor, lying that they are Gryffindor's true heir. I couldn't do anything. I, of course, belonged to the Swan family. They always changed my name. I was always named after Godric. My hatred for the three houses always grew and grew. I was captured when I was your grandfather's. I was sealed away in a cage, but I always escaped. The Ravenclaw bloodline seemed to be weakening an weakening each year when a Swan entered the Gryffindor house, pride seemed to swell in their hearts. Your father married Lisa. She was a Gryffindor, a bloodline through the Slytherins. Her family thought it best to join the death eaters either way, even if she was a Gryffindor. She accepted either way. Lisa married Ian, your father, through lust. She wanted his power, more than anything in the world. I still had my black book buried in the depths of Hogwarts. Those who seek the book may earn it, but only through a Ravenclaw heir.

"That is where Bambi Rose came in. She noticed how lonely I was when I was trapped in that bloody cage. Ian almost didn't want me, thinking I was a strange creature, but she thought otherwise. She thought I was beautiful, thinking I could do anything for her. When she was sorted into Ravenclaw, I knew immediately that she was the true heir of Ravenclaw. She even found the book, or more like the book found her. The black book is always strange in some sort. It's like how the wand always chooses the wizard. The black book choose Bambi Rose."

"What about my Aunt Midge?" Terran asked.

"Midge Gretchen was sorted into Hufflepuff. She despised being in Slytherin and wasn't brave enough to be in Gryffindor nor was she creative to be in Ravenclaw. She was, however, loyal enough to be in Hufflepuff. She thought of Bambi Rose much like herself; never caring what house she was in or being put up with the Swan family. It pained me whenever Lisa manipulated Ian into such abuse. Of course, Lisa used to be in an abuse family. So was Midge. Anyway, back to my story.

"The Swan family has always been tampered with lies and foolishness. They always told their children that they were Gryffindor's true heir of Gryffindor. I always thought it was my fault because if it hasn't been for me and the black book, your line of blood would have been in Ravenclaw. But it wasn't. The person who first pointed their fingers at me has always been Salazar Slytherin. It was he who killed my father, not I. But I couldn't prove anything. Slytherin has always been sly and cunning enough. He wanted the black book, he wanted the power it had to offer. When he asked my mother, she refused. She didn't want any of her children to die. She already lost my eldest sister, Helena. It was depressing how she died, though. But during that time, I was turned into a raven, flying through the sky and never having any human connections unless it was the heir of Ravenclaw."

"But none of this is explained in Hogwarts, A History," Hermione stated.

"Of course not. Historians know that I was alive, but they couldn't prove it. They always thought I didn't exist. They couldn't find my body nor find the remnants of the black book. The book, however, is the same place where you threw your potions book. The Half-Blood Prince, is it?"

"How did you know?" Harry asked, shocked.

"Did you know that walls have ears and can talk? My boy, I was here when Hogwarts was being built. I was the one who suggested the Room of Requirements. If Bambi Rose hasn't thought of hiding from the Slytherin girls, she wouldn't have found the black book. She was lucky enough that she didn't use any of those powers for evil. Of course, the Dark Lord also wanted the book. He tried searching for it for ages."

"That was why he wanted to apply a job for Hogwarts, isn't it?" Harry asked.

"Yes and no. You see, he was searching for the book, yes, but he was also hiding a horcrux."

"You know where it is?" Harry asked.

"It is not my place to say. You must find it yourself, Harry Potter. Isn't that what Dumbledore wanted?"

"How-"

"Remember, boy. The walls have ears and can talk. Just because there's something between you and a friend, doesn't mean that the secrets are always secure. They're always between the walls, and will stay there until someone knows the secrets.

"The Dark Lord spent many times searching for the black book, but the book finds the owner, not the other way around. When he heard that Bambi Rose has the black book, he thought that she would give him the book willingly, having all the power in the world and use it for evil. But there's always a catch in the book. One of them is that if a sneak 'accidentally' finds the book and decides to write their name in the book, they will forever have the words 'sneak' upon their forehead until the owner gives them the book. Another is that if the owner gives the book to them by force, the pictures you may want will fade, and so will the magic. Of course, if you sign your name multiple times, not only will you fade away, but the magic you may want may weaken you.

"It may not be in your textbooks, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. They say that I don't exist, and that my father died of a horrid accident, but that wasn't true. They also said my father was a great man, but that was a lie. My father was a horrid man, sneaking away from my mother and seeing other woman. My mother, of course, split up with him. He took his anger out on me. Everybody thought since he was abusive to me, I killed him. But, like I said before, Salazar pointed the blame on me. Helga quickly jumped on the band wagon and pointed the blame on me, also. Godric was hesitant at first, but blamed me otherwise. My mother said that I didn't kill him, that I didn't use my power on him. I would never. I was also the innocent one, as was my sister. Of course, people change. My sister changed when she stole the diadem from my mother and hid it.

"That, Terran Swan, is your real history in the Swan family. Any questions?"

"So what your saying is that your wife couldn't look at you? But then how did she change her name?" Terran asked.

"She was remarried. She married somebody named Alec. He was the son of Gryffindor, but he already has a child named Linus. My daughter, Georgina, thought that Linus was her brother, that Alec was her real father. She was only a year old when I was punished, and only three when my mother died. Anything else?"

"So what your saying is that everything is a lie? That my history that I learned was a lie?" Terran asked.

"Ay boy! Bambi Rose told me how thick you were, but I didn't think it was that bad. I said it countless of times you and your bloodline are not the heir of Gryffindor, but of Ravenclaw," Vormund told him angrily.

"I was just making sure," he said.

Harry looked at the pages, each one signed by different students at Hogwarts. Some he knew, others he wasn't too sure. He spotted his friend's name, the Weasley twins, Ginny, even Terran's siblings, except Joy. Harry found the page he wanted to sign. A small boy with a pointed hat and wizard gowns that seemed to fit him too big with a huge grin on his face. He had a wand in his left hand, ready for something to happen. The caption said 'The world is full of magic. You just have to believe it.' He signed his name and a quick note when the pages closed itself. Vormund picked up the book with its talons.

"Travel safely, Harry Potter and friends. The world out there is not safe," and Vormund flew away into the distance.
♠ ♠ ♠
X
More pictures! Intense huh? Who knew.