The Girl With the Black Book

Siebenundvierzig

Bambi Rose was resting herself. It was May already. She grew bored each day. Her wounds were cured already. She just kept daydreaming and thinking. She seemed to be doing a lot of that, actually. Luna, suddenly, grabbed hold of her and started shaking her.

"The DA called. We need to get to Hogsmead," Luna told her.

She nodded her head. She stood up from her bed and held onto her black book tightly. She grabbed hold of Luna's hand while Dean, as she learned, grabbed hold of Luna's. We all apparated into what looked like Hogs Head. Bambi Rose remembered this as the first meeting when Harry was getting recruits. The bartender told them to enter the portrait, which they did.

"We got your message, Neville! Hello you four, I thought you must be here!"

Seamus gave a great roar of delight and ran to hug his best friend. Bambi Rose just stood there awkwardly. She looked up and saw her brother just looking at her.

"Hi, everyone!" said Luna happily. "Oh, it's great to be back!"

"Luna," said Harry, "what are you doing here? How did you-?"

"I sent for her," said Neville, holding up the fake Galleon. "I promised her and Ginny that if you turned up I'd let them know. We all thought that if you came back, it would mean revolution. That we were going to overthrow Snape and the Carrows."

"Of course that's what it means," said Luna brightly. "Isn't it, Harry? We’re going to fight them out of Hogwarts?"

"Listen," said Harry, "I'm sorry, but that's not what we came back for. There's something we've got to do, and then-"

"You’re going to leave us in this mess?" demanded Michael Corner.

"No!" said Ron. "What we're doing will benefit everyone in the end, it's all about trying to get rid of You-Know-Who-"

"Then let us help!" said Neville angrily. "We want to be a part of it!"

There was another noise behind them and everybody turned around to look and saw Ginny smiling as she climbed through the portrait followed by Fred and George. They all received a cheer of greeting from the crowd. Behind them were Piper and Nevada, and when they saw their baby sister standing right next to Terran, they both went up to her and started hugging her tightly. Piper whispering how she missed her and everything. They al broke their hug when they noticed that Bambi Rose wasn't breathing.

"I got the message," Cho Chang said, appearing in the portrait opening and holding up her fake Galleon.

"So what's the plan, Harry?" said George.

"There isn't one," said Harry, seeming stunned by the appearance of all these people.

"Just going to make it up as we go along, are we? My favorite kind," said Fred.

"You've got to stop this!" Harry told Neville. "What did you call them all back for? This is insane-"

"We're fighting, aren't we?" said Dean, taking out his fake Galleon. "The message said Harry was back, and we were going to fight! I'll have to get a wand, though —"

"You haven't got a wand-?" began Seamus.

Terran turned to Harry and started whispering something to him and Ron and Hermione. Bambi Rose ignored it and turned to her older brother and sister. She started explaining everything, how she got kidnapped to right now. She even explained how their mum was a death eater.

"Well, that explains everything, isn't it? I mean, she used an Unforgivable Curse," Piper said.

Everyone got quiet.

"There’s something we need to find," Harry said. "Something — something that'll help us overthrow You-Know-Who. It's here at Hogwarts, but we don't know where. It might have belonged to Ravenclaw. Has anyone heard of an object like that? Has anyone ever come across something with her eagle on it, for instance?"

They all looked hopefully at the little group of Ravenclaws.

Luna answered "Well, there’s her lost diadem. I told you about it, remember, Harry? The lost diadem of Ravenclaw? Daddy's trying to duplicate it."

"Yeah, but the lost diadem," said Michael Corner, rolling his eyes, "is lost, Luna. That's sort of the point."

"It's not lost, per say. Her daughter took it from her. That was how it was lost," Bambi Rose explained.

"When was it lost?" asked Harry.

"Centuries ago, they say," said Cho, and Harry’s heart sank. "Professor Flitwick says the diadem vanished with Ravenclaw herself. People have looked, but," she appealed to her fellow Ravenclaws, "nobody's ever found a trace of it, have they?"

They all shook their heads, except for Bambi Rose. She knew where it is, but nobody has asked her where, though.

"Sorry, but what is a diadem?” asked Ron.

"It's a kind of crown," said Terry Boot. "Ravenclaw's was supposed to have magical properties, enhance the wisdom of the wearer."

"Yes, Daddy's Wrackspurt siphons-"

But Harry cut across Luna. "And none of you have ever seen anything that looks like it?"

They all shook their heads again. Bambi Rose stayed in her corner, waiting for the moment that somebody would say something. He looked at his friends, disappointment showing in each of their faces. If it had been gone for this long, how would it be possible to make into a Horcrux?

Cho spoke again, "If you'd like to see what the diadem's supposed to look like, I could take you up to our common room and show you, Harry? Ravenclaw's wearing it in her statue."

"He’s on the move," he said quietly.

Then, he glanced at Cho and back at them, "Listen, I know it's not much of a lead, but I'm going to go and look at this statue, at least find out what the diadem looks like. Wait for me here and keep, you know - the other one - safe."

Cho had stood up, but Ginny said rather fiercely, "No, Luna will take Harry, won't you, Luna?"

"Oooh, yes, I'd like to," said Luna happily, and Cho sat down again, looking disappointed.

"How do we get out?" Harry asked Neville.

"Over here."

Harry and Luna left through a small cupboard that seemed to open into a staircase. Once they were gone, people began talking excitedly again about finally ridding Hogwarts of Snape and the Carrows and of getting to do something after all this waiting. Bambi Rose just stayed in her spot. She dared not move. She was frightened. She knew where the diadem looked like. Vormund showed it to her countless times when she's trying to hide something. People around her were talking with one another, telling each other how much they missed each other. She played with her locket, wondering when the next time she'll see Draco.
♠ ♠ ♠
X
Ignore Gryffindor colors and replace them with Ravenclaw colors. The war shall take place soon enough. Enjoy! I have practice in an hour, so sorry if this is a bit rushed. I'm trying to make record time. Enjoy!