The Girl With the Black Book

Achtundvierzig

Bambi Rose was still looking at her locket. Nobody payed any attention to her. It all started getting more crowded. Oliver Wood came in, but also with Joy. Bambi Rose couldn't see her daughter anywhere, wondering what she's even doing here. Of course, it was for the war, but that was it. Then, more and more people started coming in, even her third year professor.

"Harry, what's happening?" Lupin stepped forward as Harry came back into the room, slipping down the last step in shock, it looked like.

"Voldemort's on his way, they're barricading the school - Snape's run for it - What are you doing here? How did you know?"

"We sent messages to the rest of Dumbledore's Army," Fred explained. "You couldn't expect everyone to miss the fun, Harry, and the D.A. let the Order of the Phoenix know, and it all kind of snowballed."

"What first, Harry?" asked George. "What's going on?"

"They're evacuating the younger kids and everyone's meeting in the Great Hall to get organized," Harry said. "We're fighting."

There was a great roar and surge toward the stairs, members of the Order of the Phoenix, Dumbledore's Army, and the old Quidditch team, all with wands drawn, heading up into the main castle. Bambi Rose followed her older sister and brother without her wand. She looked at Piper, who handed Bambi Rose's wand toward her. She smiled at her ad they all went toward the Great Hall. They all sat down with their houses, listening to Professor McGonagall. Bambi Rose zoned out on some of what she said, but when her brother came in, she started paying attention again.

"—evacuation will be overseen by Mr. Filch and Madam Pomfrey. Prefects, when I give the word, you will organize your House and take your charges, in an orderly fashion, to the evacuation point."

Many of the students looked terrified, however, as they continued along the wall, Ernie Macmillan stand up at the Hufflepuff table and shouted, "And what if we want to stay and fight?"

There was some applause across the room.

"If you are of age, you may stay," said Professor McGonagall.

"What about our things?" called a girl at the Ravenclaw table. "Our trunks, our owls?"

"We have no time to collect possessions," said Professor McGonagall. "The important thing is to get you out of here safely."

"Where's Professor Snape?" shouted a girl from the Slytherin table.

"He has, to use the common phrase, done a bunk," replied Professor McGonagall, and a great cheer erupted from the Gryffindors, Hufflepuffs, and Ravenclaws, including Bambi Rose. She wasn't crazy about him being the headmaster.

"We have already placed protection around the castle," Professor McGonagall was saying, "but it is unlikely to hold for very long unless we reinforce it. I must ask you, therefore, to move quickly and calmly, and do as your prefects-"

Her final words were drowned as a different voice echoed throughout the Hall. It was high, cold, and clean. It was terrifying that no one could tell where it was coming from.

"I know you are preparing to fight."

Some people screamed and others grabbed onto each other.

"Your efforts are futile. You cannot fight me. I do not want to kill you. I have great respect for the teachers of Hogwarts. I do not want to spill magical blood."

There was silence in the Hall now, the pressurized kind that drives you crazy.

"Give me Harry Potter," said Voldemort's voice, "and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter, and I shall leave the school untouched. Give me Harry Potter, and you should be rewarded.

"You have until midnight."

The silence took over again. It seemed that every head turned towards Harry. A figure I recognized as Pansy Parkinson stood up from the Slytherin table, pointing shakily at Harry, and screamed, "But he's there! Potter's there! Someone grab him!"

Terran stepped in front of Harry, which was useless because soon, the Gryffindors stood in front of him, facing the Slytherins. Then, the Hufflepuffs stood up and the Ravenclaws. Bambi Rose was next to a very tall Hufflepuff girl, already drawing out her wand. Pansy just stood there, looking dumbfounded, even at Bambi Rose. She just glared at her.

"Thank you, Miss Parkinson," said Professor McGonagall shortly. "You will leave the Hall first with Mr. Filch. If the rest of your House could follow."

The sound of scarping benches and footsteps filled the Hall then. All the Slytherins filed out the other side of the room.

"Ravenclaws, follow on!" cried Professor McGonagall.

Slowly the four tables emptied. The Slytherin table was completely deserted, but a number of older Ravenclaws, including Bambi Rose, remained seated while their fellows filed out; even more Hufflepuffs stayed behind, and half of the Gryffindors remained in their seats, necessitating Professor McGonagall's descent from the teachers' platform to chivvy the underage on their way.

"Absolutely not, Creevey, go! And you, Peakes!"

"Rose, you should follow suit," Terran commanded his baby sister.

"No! I want to fight," she said stubbornly.

"I lost you once. I don't want to loose my twin sister again. Go," he argued.

"I'm eighteen. You can't treat me like I'm a disobedient child. I took care of myself, and I can do it again," she argued. She hated that her older twin brother always forces her to do something.

"It doesn't matter. You can't fight with us-"

"Stop telling me what to do. I know I'm your baby sister. I know you care about me. I know the things you do is just trying to protect me, but I can do this. The only one who doesn't believe I can do it is you. It's only impossible if you believe it is," she said.

Terran was about to open his mouth to protest, but closed it. He only shook his head. He gave up. He just nodded, and an with Harry. Bambi Rose followed suit, wand in ready. She started going in different directions, already firing spells. She spotted her older sister, Piper, fighting with Fred and Lee, holding hands with Fred. She just smiled. She ran off, fighting the other death eaters with her oldest brother, Nevada. Joy seemed to be enjoying herself, firing off different stunning charms and shields. She keeps running off in different directions, soon finding herself face to face with Terran.

She heard yells and shouts and the noises of dueling filled the corridor. She turned and her heart nearly stopped when she saw Fred, Piper, and Percy backing into our corridor, dueling two masked Death Eaters, Fred and Piper still holding hands. Harry, Terran, Hermione, Ron, and Bambi Rose ran forward to help, jets of light shooting off in every direction.
♠ ♠ ♠
X
Don't you just hate it when your older brother is so caring enough and is trying to protect you, but it's super annoying? Well, I don't, but I can tell how Bambi Rose is feeling. Enjoy!