The Girl With the Black Book

Einundfünfzig

Three years later

Bambi Rose was walking down a street, hands in her pocket. She just finished one of her trainings. She needed to visit the graveyard again. Terran told her that it was unhealthy for her to do this, but he didn't know how close her and Piper were. She walked toward an iron gate, and pushed it open. It made a giant squeak, making her shudder at the sound. She walked inside, making sure nobody has followed her. She walked endlessly until she finally found her sister's grave. She knelt down on the very dirty grass, tears already starting to prickle down her cheeks.

"Hey sis. It's been a while. I know I promised to visit you everyday, but it's just so hard. Sometimes, I feel like everything is a dream, and that your alive. I keep having the same nightmare, sis. Sometimes, I wish you were alive so I could crawl in your bed at night, you stroking me hair and whispering to me," she said.

She traced the letters that were on her grave. The harsh wind was blowing her hair and stinging her eyes. She wrapped her coat tight around her body. She kept talking to her sister's grave, telling her everything that has happened to far. When she knew she was done, she stood up and walked out of the cemetery, clutching hard on her coat. She began walking toward her apartment. She keeps hearing wolf calls, making her feeling extremely nervous. She didn't like it one bit. She accidentally bumped into someone, making her look up. She met up with a pair of familiar gray eyes.

"Draco?" she questioned.

Bambi Rose hardly recognized him anymore. He seemed more pale and more skinny, like he was barely fed at home anymore. He just nodded his head.

Draco looked at the brunette girl. He remembered her being so shy and vulnerable, so innocent. When he looked at her, he thought she changed. He hair was shorter, up to her shoulders, she seemed to have more curves in her body, judging by the fact that way too many guys kept wolf whistling at her. But he remembered those green eyes. He remembered how those same eyes would always stare into his.

The silence became awkward. None of them said a thing, until Draco broke that silence.

"So how've you been?" he asked.

"I've been doing okay. Been doing some training," she said.

"Training? For becoming a veterinarian?" he asked.

She was shocked. She only mentioned once that she wanted to become a veterinarian out of the whole year of dating. She smiled at him. Draco smiled back. He could still smell that scent when he was in his sixth year doing potions. They began walking together very slowly.

"So how're your brothers?" he asked.

"My brothers are fine. Terran began dating Nessa again," she said.

"And Nessa would be-?"

"She had bright blue hair and was in Hufflepuff. He took her to the Yule Ball."

"And Nevada?"

"He got married to Katie Bell."

"That's something I didn't expect," he stated.

"How come?"

"Well, Katie and Nevada are basically polar opposites. Katie loves Quidditch more than anything and Nevada loves to study and do well in school, much like you," he confirmed.

They both felt heavy drops of rain coming downward on them. They both ran for shelter underneath a coffee house. Bambi Rose just giggled. She remembered when she was really little, her and Terran would always dance in the rain, making her Aunt Midge really upset, but not angry. Draco took her hand and led her inside the coffee shop. They sat down near the window, watching the rain hit it.

"So, what have you been up to?" she asked.

"Nothing, really. Ever since they found out I was a death eater, I barely got work. I still live with my mother at the mansion."

"How is your family, anyway?" she asked. She took a liking to his mother. She was more kinder to her when she was imprisoned.

"My mother is doing well. My father, however, is locked up in Azkaban."

"Hi there. Can I get you two anything?" a waiter asked, an accent rolling off her tongue.

"Just coffee would be nice," Bambi Rose said.

The waiter wrote that down and walked off. Bambi Rose thought she was strutting more like walking.

"What about your parents?" Draco asked.

"My father was killed by my mother. I killed her at the Battle of Hogwarts."

Draco seemed stun. He knew someone killed Lisa. You-Know-Who, as Draco still likes to call him, always favored Lisa and Bellatrix the most. But he didn't know that it was her own daughter. Lisa wasn't exactly a very kind woman. He would know. He was under the cruciatus curse. The same waiter came back and set down the two coffee mugs on the table.

"I was wondering why you were out there alone by yourself?" Draco asked.

"I could say the same for you," she teased.

"Touche. But please, answer my question."

"I was visiting my sister's grave," she said plainly. "Why were you out?"

"I needed some fresh air. I have been spending way too much time at the manor."

The silence drifted over them again. Bambi Rose took a sip of her blackened coffee. She never liked the cream or sugar in her coffee. She always found it to be quite weird and tasted dreadful. She just loved her coffee black.

"What happened to us?" Draco asked.

"I didn't get to say goodbye to you at Hogwarts, and we never saw each other again, until today," she answered.

They both finished their coffee and it seemed the rain was letting up, but it was still raining. It was a light drizzle. Bambi Rose payed for the drinks, even though Draco told her he'll pay. They both met up with the drizzled sky, making her tug on her jacket for more warmth.

"Didn't you say you always wanted to be kissed in the rain?" Draco asked her randomly.

She just nodded. She was getting a little bit cold. She felt his hands lift her chin up, turn her around, and making her look up at his gray eyes. He leaned down, making her stand on her tippy toes, and kissed her. Bambi Rose still felt the sparks on her lips. She felt like she was in her sixth year again. She wrapped her arms around his neck, while one hand was on her waist and the other was cupping her cheek. The kiss was broken, both of them smiling. Bambi Rose just fell in love with him all over again, and he knew it, too.
♠ ♠ ♠
X
Pretty self explanatory. And three years later, they met up again. Hope you enjoy.