The Girl With the Black Book

Fünfundfünfzig

"So you're saying my life was easy?" Bambi Rose shouted.

"I'm not saying that. All I'm saying is that you just picked the easy way out," Draco argued back.

Draco and Bambi Rose were having a bit of a fight, more of a shouting match to say the least. It was the middle of July, and they both got back home from a long days trip, and Draco accidentally said something, making her very pissed off.

"What do you mean I picked an easy way out? I didn't even pick anything," she stated.

"I know what your parents did to you, but at least you weren't neglected and ignored," he pointed out.

"Yes, because every child's dream is to get raped and abused than neglected and ignored," she said sarcastically.

"I'm not saying it's a good thing. I'm just saying," he told her softly.

"I would love to switch parents with you. At least they didn't even do anything to you. They spoiled you rotten," she stated.

"And I'm telling you that having parents like mine are not every child's dream," Draco clearly pointed out.

"And my parents are a frolic in the park," she told him.

"My parents aren't even worth a damn! The only time they cared for me was when the Battle of Hogwarts started. My mum cared about me, but my father didn't even care! It's like talking to the fragile girl again," he said, muttering the last part to himself. He hoped that she didn't hear it.

"Excuse me, come again? Are you saying I'm fragile?" Bambi Rose asked, anger sweeping over her tongue.

Draco mentally slapped himself. 'Don't argue, Draco. It'll just make it worse.'

"No I'm not saying your fragile. You were at Hogwarts, but you're not now!" Bad move.

She looked at him square in the face. She was ready to punch him right now.

"I'm not a fragile girl, Draco, and you know that. I'm just timid at some people. Maybe you should think of that when you go home," she told him calmly, storming towards her room and slamming it.

Draco sunk down on the couch, his head in his hands. He screwed up, and he knew it. He looked up and jumped when he saw the small raven on the table.

"I see you and Rose are having a bit of a smitten," Vormund confirmed. "You know, you're not really the first to have a fight with her."

"I know that. Terran usually told me about stories when Bambi Rose and Terran had petty fights. Sometimes she had it with Piper and Nevada."

"You know, when she was younger, she always trusted people easily and forgave quickly. Somewhere in her third year, she began to shut people out. She began getting timid and didn't trust right away or forgive people. She began to be just like Joy and Piper. Joy was harder to trust people. She always thought people earned the trust, not because they can. Piper couldn't exactly forgive people as quickly. She always said she wants people to earn the forgiveness. It seems the Swan family stubbornness resides in the girls only. But you, you were the tricky one for Bambi Rose Swan," Vormund stated.

"What do you mean by that?" he asked.

"Think about it. What do you know about her?" Vormund asked, his voice very raspy.

"Well, I know she's born on January 5th, she loves animals, she always dreams of becoming a veterinarian, which is almost coming true with a few more training courses, she can talk to animals, her favourite aunt is her Aunt Midge, who passes away two years ago, she can pretty much predict the future, her favourite color is gray because she can't choose between the colors black and white, so she combined them," Draco said.

"Anything else?"

"She loves to draw and play her guitar, sometimes she sings to the tunes, and she can write her own songs."

"Did you know that her own twin brother doesn't even know that?" Vormund asked. "The only thing he knows is that she loves animals, wants to become a veterinarian, loves her Aunt Midge, and loves to draw. He doesn't even know what her favourite color is, that she can predict the future, that she can talk to animals, or plays the guitar and writes her own music. He knows her birthday because they're born on the same day."

"Why would she tell me all this and not her own siblings?" Draco asked.

"Fear. She was always afraid of being different from her siblings eyes. Terran knows about the black book and his own history, but he doesn't know, is that Bambi Rose can predict the future on her own. And she didn't even take Divination."

"But why me? Why does she trust me?"

"She trusts you because you earned it. Not a lot of people can actually earn that trust, Draco Malfoy. The only person she can actually trust is Hagrid. They're pretty good friends, really. She stills writes to him daily. The only reason why she trusts him is because he's the only one she can turn to. She can't turn to other animals because they don't have any human feelings. She can't turn to me because I'm just a bird who was cursed. I might not live long enough to be able to see her die. All Rose has right now is trust."

"I think I'm going mad. A bird is talking to me. This isn't happening. This is a very strange dream," Draco kept muttering to himself, in which Vormund just sighed.

"All I'm saying is that you earned that trust. Right when you showed her that dark mark in the Room of Requirements."

"How-"

"Like I told Harry Potter, the walls have ears and can talk. Just because you and a friend, in this case Bambi Rose, share secrecy, doesn't mean that the secrets safe. They always nestle between these walls."

Draco just stared at the raven. He rolled up his sleeves. The dark mark wasn't there anymore. When Voldemort was finished, so does the mark. He sighed.

"Why are you telling me all this?" Draco asked.

"Because she deserves someone she can love right now. I can't be there for her all the time. She hardly dated anyone when you two weren't together. Out of all my years of being with her, her eyes always sparkled whenever she was with you, whether she mentions you or not. I could always tell she was in love with you," Vormund answered.

Draco just sighed. He decided to lay his body on the soft couch and drifted off to sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bambi Rose was playing with her guitar in her room. She was still angry, but she didn't hear the sound of a door being shut closed or the sound of a crack. She just shook her head and kept playing her guitar in the fire escape, towards a very full moon. She stopped playing and just looked at the moon. She was still thinking about it. She kept wondering if the moon knew everybody's secrets, knew if the moon knew everybody's pain. She heard that some people could start rumors like wild fires. Bambi Rose thought that the sun could never be trusted with secrets, yet somehow, the moon can. Wild fires always start with the sun, how it's blazing rays seemed to start it, while the moon just stood up there in the sky, it's billion beautiful starry lights gazing down on everybody.

Bambi Rose turned her head away and decided to get ready for bed. She had a long day and she wanted to get some sleep. And sleep soon drifted over her, thoughts of the moon still whirling in her head.
♠ ♠ ♠
X
So Draco got some advice from Vormund and Bambi Rose was thinking of how powerful the moon could sometimes be, and how untrustworthy the sun may seem. See, she can think deep. And so can I. It hurts my head sometimes.And I'm thinking of doing a prequel. What do you think?