The Girl With the Black Book

Sechsundfünfzig

Bambi Rose woke up the next day, feeling more tired and more sleepy. She looked out her window and saw the sun shining through her window. She groaned. She hated the sun more than anything. She rolled off her bed and changed out of yesterday's clothes. She was too tired and too pissed to change into her pajamas. She changed into an orange shirt with the words 'Sunkist' faded from her shirt and a pair of Bermuda shorts that reached up to her knees. She decided to go barefoot. She wasn't going anywhere, anyway. She left her room and went through the living room, noticing a figure sleeping on the couch. She recognized the figure immediately.

"Draco! Get up!" she hissed, shaking him awake.

Draco woke up, but he didn't know where he was. He was still half asleep, so he fell off the couch, landing himself on the floor. Bambi Rose couldn't help herself. She laughed at his fall, which he thought amused her. He just glared at her. He didn't find this funny at all. But it seemed that she probably forgot what happened last night, he hoped. He got off the floor, rubbing his nose and forehead. He didn't enjoy the pain the he was inflicted upon him. He took a good look at his girlfriend and noticed she was containing her giggles.

"Why does my pain amuse you?" he asked.

He remembers being in pain a lot, and all those times she would laugh at him.

"Not just your pain; everybody's pain really. I'm still pissed at you for last night though," she told him calmly.

He sighed.

"Vormund talked to me last night. He told me that I was one of the lucky ones to even have your trust. That I should be grateful I even have it. I'm sorry for saying that stuff to you. I know how protective you are of yourself, and I'm really and truly sorry about that, too. I know I earned your trust and everything, and I took it for granted. I really am sorry," Draco said.

He looked into Bambi Rose's face and saw a small smirk on her face. He didn't like that smirk. The last time he saw that smirk was when Nevada was begging and pleading to forgive her for something he did. He didn't like it.

"Alright. I forgive you," she said. "if you cook for me."

Bambi Rose knew that Draco was a terrible cook. And he knew that she knew. She just loves to torture him. He remembered she offered him cooking lessons. He was glad that there was a fire extinguisher in the kitchen.

"Cook breakfast and I'll forgive you," she told him calmly, still wearing that smirk on her face.

Draco immediately knew that Bambi Rose seemed to change. Maybe it has to do something with her parents, or she was always like this and she just needed someone to break down her wall, boy or girl. Draco just looked at her like she was crazy, but he had to.

Two hours passed by. And from those two hours, the stove caught on fire three times, the food was burnt, and somehow made an edible breakfast. Bambi Rose forgave him, and then teased him. Draco just rolled his eyes and threw a piece of toast at her. She just grinned. Draco always remembers, to this day, that he shouldn't really piss her off again. It might be the last thing he does.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Two years later

Draco was walking in the park, hand in hand with his beautiful girlfriend. Bambi Rose just kept blushing at every comment that he gave her. He just loved teasing her. He felt the same velvet box still in his hand. The scent from Potions in his sixth year never seemed to leave his nose, and it just made him more alluring towards her. The butterflies were still there and his heart still seemed to beat quickly than he imagined. Not to mention that his mother adores her so much. He knew he wanted to do this, he knew when he picked it out.

They both stopped and sat down on one of the park benches. Draco knew he had to do it. He knew. But he couldn't face rejection. It was now or never.

"Bambi, how long have we been dating?" he asked, breaking the very comforting silence.

"A long time. Why do you ask?" she answered.

'This was it,' he thought.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I-I love you. You're the first girl that I actually told that to," he confirmed. He reached out and pulled out the velvet box.

Bambi Rose's confused face turned into shock. He couldn't be asking this right now, could he?

"Will you marry me?" he asked quietly, opening the velvet box to reveal a very beautiful ring.

If you were miles away, somewhere in Scotland maybe, you could hear the shrieks of joy coming from the heart of London. Draco thought that it was really frightening, being tackled to the ground by his girlfriend, now his fiancee. Bambi Rose was giggling and hugging him. She couldn't explain her happiness right now, and Draco just made her feel happy. And he knew this, too. She knew she would spend the rest of her life with him somehow.

'Hah! I win! Take that you stupid brain!'
♠ ♠ ♠
X
I lied. There's two more chapters to this. After that, it's the sequel! I've been meaning to do it, but I just don't know yet.