The Girl With the Black Book

Sechs

Bambi Rose sat in her Charms classroom with the Gryffindors. Bambi Rose knew the spells and she knows the position. She knew them so well that she could do them nonverbally. Bambi Rose grew bored, so she decided to start drawing a little in her black book. She drew a moon with little stars around the moon. These stars were in different shapes and sizes, but not all of them were the same.

"Miss Swan, please pay attention," Professor Flitwick told her.

Everybody in the whole class was giggling at Bambi Rose, as Bambi Rose's cheeks turned a tint of red. She wanted to finish the drawing, but she also needed to pay attention to her professor. She decided to write a quote instead. Bambi Rose wrote 'Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars...' and she signed her name and date in the tiny corner.

What's interesting about the book, and a lot of people noticed, is that the black book doesn't end. The pages never end. If you want the back of the book, all you gotta do is turn the book over and flip the last cover. Bambi Rose loves the black book. She loves what the book can do, what she can do, how to even escape from the reality that she lives in. Bambi Rose lives in the book, and everybody knows that. Her siblings know that. Bambi Rose can do anything, if she sets her mind to it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Vormund has told Bambi Rose several times that she shouldn't waste her time drawing in the books, as she would never stop and will be cursed from the book, as of everybody else who signed the book. Bambi Rose took it to heart and never spent her time in it. Bambi Rose only drew one drawing each day, sometimes a week if she forgets.

"Rose, it's time for Transfiguration," Vormund told her.

Bambi Rose despised the name Rose without Bambi. People call her Bambi because they can, but never Rose. Only the people she cares about calls her Rose, in which Vormund's case, he is. In fact, Vormund is Bambi Rose's only friend at the school, but she wouldn't tell anyone. Everybody at the school already thinks she's a freak and that she should belong at St. Mungo's, which isn't true.

Bambi Rose gathered her bag and parchment. She decided to use, what the muggle world called it, a pen. Bambi Rose never liked using the quill. She thought it was a waste of her time. Bambi Rose is very fascinated with the muggle artifacts that she finds. Bambi Rose left her common room and set off into her Transfiguration room, where Bambi Rose will learn what it takes to transform anything.

Bambi Rose entered the room and sat down by herself. Bambi Rose was always first. She was even here before her professor. The teachers all knew that she would be here early, since they always unlock the doors for her. She set up her stuff and sat in her seat patiently for the rest of the class to come in.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bambi Rose sat by herself. Nobody wanted to sit next to a loony. Bambi Rose didn't care, however. She always perks herself up and always says that she'll have more elbow room. Her luck changed when the door opened.

"Mr Malfoy. Late again?" Professor McGonagall asked.

"Sorry professor. I had to check up on something," Draco stated.

Professor McGonagall took five points away from Slytherin and told him to sit down. Bambi Rose never had any good luck on her side. She will have it for one minute, to taste the luck on her, and then it'll disappear before she knows it. Draco set his bag next to Bambi Rose, his face with displeasure.

Bambi Rose ignored Draco and decided to draw a little, already knowing the spell already that McGonagall was going to teach, as her grandmother taught her Transfiguration when she was smaller.

Draco Malfoy grew bored with his professor's ramblings and set off into space. He looked at the corner of his eye that his partner wasn't paying attention either, busy drawing. Draco noticed that she was drawing nothing. How can you draw something when it doesn't even exist? Draco kept asking himself this question ever since the beginning of his second year. He can still feel the scar on his head. He complained to his father about it, but he still hasn't gotten a reply from him.

"Professor, can you tell us about the Chamber of Secrets?" Hermione asked her transfiguration teacher.

Professor McGonagall was a bit hesitant at first, but she began the story. "Very well. Well, you all know, of course, that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago, by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age. Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin. Now three of the founders co-existed quite harmoniously. One did not.

"Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed magical learning should be kept within all magic families. In other words, pure bloods. Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school. Now according to legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle, known as the Chamber of Secrets. Though shortly before departing, he sealed it until that time when his own true heir returned to the school. The heir alone would be able to open the chamber and unleash the horror within, and by so doing, purge the school of all those who, in Slytherin's view, were unworthy to study magic."

"Muggle borns," Hermione stated.

"Well naturally the school has been searched many times. No such chamber has been found," Professor McGonagall stated.

"Professor, what lies in the Chamber of Secrets?" Bambi Rose asked, her voice barely heard since her voice was always soft.

"Well, legend tells that inside the Chamber of Secrets, lies a terrible monster," Professor McGonagall told her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Vormund, you've been alive longer than any creature I know," Bambi Rose said.

"I thank you for the complement," Vormund said.

"Do you know who opened the Chamber of Secrets?" Bambi Rose asked.

"Someone did open it fifty years ago, I belonged to your grandfather, but I don't know who was the last to open the Chamber of Secrets, but someone was framed. A dear friend of your grandfathers was framed of opening the Chamber. I knew he was innocent. Spiders fear this great beast, I heard the beast speak a language I didn't know, obviously a snake," Vormund told her.

"I wish I knew. I don't think it was Malfoy, though. He isn't the heir of Slytherin," Bambi Rose stated.

"Of course he isn't. His father and his father before were never around for the Chamber to be open. It had to be someone close, though," Vormund said.

It was all he said, as Bambi Rose fell asleep in her soft bed, hearing the sounds of danger lurking.