Status: Active and ready to be read

Dreams Are What Made People Think They Could Fly

This is one person trying to understand the other person

Lara and I stood in front of the closed laptop and looked at everyone, dead in the face.
“Guys the suspense is killing me. What’s happened?” Amy looked at me when she said this. I turned to the desk and picked up my camera handing it to Dave. Tears filled my eyes, threatening to over spill; I turned back and saw frightened faces.
“Last night, everyone was plastered, yes? Yes! Can anyone remember anything?”
Looking at each face I could see people concentrating deeply. No one remembered anything.
“Just as I thought, none of you knows who took my camera? None of you know who posted these onto facebook?” I said opening the laptop screen and stepping slightly to the left to reveal the slideshow which was playing. “Which ever of you did this could have ruined each and every one of our careers. You’re a dumb fuck.” The tears were pushed back and replaced with anger. I wanted to knock each of them out. But I couldn’t. I knew I couldn’t, it could have been me for all I know. I heard someone cough from the door.
“Urmm, Amiee have you seen the damage that’s been done to this?” Dave questioned. I stood up. Unable to think about anything and slowly walked over to him. He handed the camera back to me and I instantly started to look at every part of it. First the lens, I unscrewed it from the body and put the strap over my head. I looked through the lens and what I saw made my stomach drop and my head spin. Lara obviously noticed because she bought over a chair and pushed me down into it. The whole inside of the lens was ruined, irreplaceable. I dropped it to the floor. I picked up the camera which now sat nicely in my lap and opened the flash. That was okay. I checked the rest of the camera and when I came to the 5mm screen I nearly screamed. A vicious crescent shaped crack, smiled at me, it spread across the whole 5mm’s of LCD. I dropped the camera to the floor and walked to through the door and all the way out to my car leaving Lara to deal with everyone else. I don’t know how long I drove for but it must have been a while because all the roads where quiet. I didn’t know what to do or how to calm down, that’s when I got a call. I answered it quickly trying to make my voice friendly and not pissed off.
“Hello?” The voice was male and frantic.
“Urmm, Hi.” I replied rather confused.
“Amiee, right? It’s Luke!” I racked my memory for someone I knew called Luke, two came to mind. But I hadn’t heard from either of them in a while.
“Luke? Luke who?” I questioned him. The voice starting to sound familiar.
“Smith… G… please tell me you remember; I need your help. I saw one of your photo’s in today’s paper.” I laughed as I realized who it was.
“Of course I remember. What’s up? Where are ya? Ill come pick you up.” He told me where he was and I sped off in his direction. I drove passed a sign for Starbucks and instantly craved a coffee. I text Luke asking if he wanted one. I pulled up outside Starbucks and walked in receiving a text as I got to the end of the queue, he wanted a coffee too, to be honest I couldn’t blame him, it was a chilly night. After receiving the coffee’s I went back to my car and drove off to the address he had given me. I arrived, got out of my shiny new Porsche Boxter and walked to the house. I recognised it instantly from when id spent weeks at this place. Billy and Rachael’s flat. I knocked on the door and Billy answered, still crazy as ever he hugged me and invited me in. I sat on the floor cross legged and took a slice of the pizza which sat in the box on the table, still piping hot and smoking. I laughed as I heard Luke chuckle with Rachael about Tattoo’s, they walked in and sat on the sofa’s while Billy turned the music down.
“So, who’s gonna tell me what the hell’s happening?” I asked eyeing everyone up. Rachael sighed and walked out onto the balcony to have a fag. Billy started rolling a zoot and Luke leant in to tell me the story.
“Im being chased by police, I can’t stay here there’s not enough room, I was wondering if you’d do an old friend a favour?” I sighed and chomped on my pizza.
“Again? But yeah sure, my place is practically empty apart from... OH SHIT! I gotta make a phone call real quick.” I ran out into the hall and sat with my back against the door and dialled my home number into my phone.
“Hey Amiee, How was the PARTY?” Emma sounded pissed
“Yeah yeah yeah, it sucked some fucker broke my camera stole gingers microwave and could have ruined everyone’s careers. But bigger news right now.” I spoke so fast but I knew she’d catch it all. “We’re gonna have a house guest so can you make sure the house is decent?”
She hesitated before she spoke again.
“Urmm house is fine, but I already have a house guest, the spare room’s full.”
“Bugger. Alright give me an hour. Ill work something out.” With that I hung up and walked back into the room.
“Luke. Small problem, Emma already has a house guest. But I guess you can have my room, ill prob’s just crash at Gingers.” He looked up at me and smiled.
“Babe, you’re a life saver.”