Status: Active and ready to be read

Dreams Are What Made People Think They Could Fly

It can’t understand the person even though it tries to,

I picked Luke up, drove to mine, made him feel welcome, showed him around, introduced him to everyone and left. I called up Lara.
“GINGE?!” I called down to her answer phone. “Answer your god damn phone once in a while. Someone might actually need you!” I hung up. Annoyed yet again at Lara’s lack of communication skills. I sped across the highway when my phone rang. I let it ring once I saw the name, ‘LARA!’ I sighed and let her leave me a message. Once she had hung up and the voice mail symbol flashed on my screen I listened to what she had to say.
“You call me, wanting to talk. I don’t pick up. I ring back and guess what… YOU DON’T PICK UP.’ I heard her sigh. I laughed. ‘I guess your laughing right about now. Whatever! Besides, I think I know who broke your camera. Oh pick up Ryan and Jason the usual from Subway please.” I sighed, laughed and then realized. I re-dialled her number and waited. Once she answered I spoke so fast it’s amazing that she knew what I said.
“Lara, Lara, Lara! You said you knew who broke my camera. Who is it, and what have you done or said already?” she sighed, most likely because of the speed I spoke. She cleared her throat before she replied.
“I think you should get the subway and come home, as fast as you can. I'm not talking anymore about this over the phone. But we also have to talk about Luke when you get here.”
“Err. Okay, I guess. But he’s at mine at the moment, I can go get him if he’s nee...”
“No! Leave him there, this conversation shall be continued when you get here.” And then she hung up. Dazed and slightly confused I re-focused all my attention to the road and sped off to subway. Subways littered the streets yet it was hard to find one that wasn’t filled with teens. Missing in action flyers littered the streets, they were freshly put up, no less then an hour had passed since they had been put on the wall. I knew Shane couldn’t be far. I dialled his number.
“Shane. I see your work up and around. Where you at?”
“Just passing the subway on the beach front.” I laughed. “Why? What’s up?”
“You got cash?”
“Yeah a bit, Why?”
”Grab Ry and J’s usual from subway. Oh and a coke for me, ill pay you back.” I giggled. He sighed out a yes and hung up. I pulled up outside the subway and waited for him to turn up. It had been three weeks since id seen him as we’d all been pretty busy. He walked out of the doors hands full and looked around for my car. His long black hair blew about in the wind while his black aviator glasses reflected the sun back at me. I laughed, cut the engine and got out. I walked over to him and took my coke.
“Hey Amiee, Long time, what you driving these days.” Id completely forgotten that last time id seen him I’d totalled my car.
“I thought id stay with a Porsche, but nothing like last time.”
“Yeah, that 911 was gorgeous. Trust you to total it.” He pulled his best sad face and hit the back on my head.
“I bought a Boxter this time.” I laughed and pulled the keys from my back pocket opening the doors. He sighed and got in.
“Hush a minute child I has to ring the big peoples.” Ever since id met him I teased him about his age. Even though he was older then me, he was the youngest out of the others. He laughed and buckled up; he obviously never forgave me for totalling that Porsche 911. I laughed as Lara answered Jason’s phone.
“Ginge? Isn’t this Jason’s number?” She laughed at me.
“Yeah but he’s in the garden clearing up with Rosie.”
“Oh okay, I picked up Shane. We got subway. On way back now kays…” She laughed and hung up.
*** *** ***
We walked in the door to find the TV still smoking on the floor, no one insight. Shane looked at me and threw the subway bags onto the sofa. I knew what he meant.
“One…” He whispered.
“Two…” I knew his plan and continued.
“Three.”
“SUBWAY!” We screamed together and Jason and Ryan ran in from the garden as we walked passed them out to the others. Shane joined the others sitting on the floor and instantly joined the conversation while I stalked off in search of Lara. She was in the studio with Matt.
“Hey babe, Ginge. So Lara, I hear you found the bastard which broke my baby?”
“Urmm, Yeah.”
“When I get my hands on them, they wont ever wanna come anywhere near me again!” Matt backed out and walked into the garden. She mimicked me, watching Matt laugh with the group of our mates which sat on the grass in Lara's big garden. He pulled Sian up off the floor and they danced walked over to the garden stereo and switched on the latest Escape the Fate album. I turned back to face Lara who's face went from joking to serious within half a second. Her eyes apologetic and her face held that look of 'I'm so gonna kick myself for this later' kinda look.
“Amiee, I'm sorry to be the one to have to tell you this but,' She stood up and whispered a name into my ear and the second I heard it I hit the floor. Thudding and screaming abuse to her about him yet no one could hear through the sound proofed walls. Lara tried her best to calm me down and once she was sure I wasn't going to kill him she let me go talk to him. I stalked off into the garden and he ran straight out of the back gate and jumped into his Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder. Forgetting my little Porsche Boxter I ran straight to the triple garage. Lara let me store my bike there while I was not at mine for a long while. I hopped onto my little Kawasaki Ninja and turned the key, the bike roared to life and I sped off after him.