The Movies Make It Look Easy

Chapter Twelve

Chapter 12

Shannon’s P.O.V:

I woke up in a good mood...for once.
I’m not what one would generally call a morning person...I tend to get angry if someone wakes me up...especially if it is unnecessary, which is why I surprised myself by sitting up immediately in bed and smiling around my room, for no apparent reason...other than the fact that it was the first morning that I wasn’t fighting with Nick.
It felt like a weight had been lifted off my chest. I hadn’t noticed it until it was gone...hence the good mood.

I took a moment to think about everything that had happened yesterday, and everything that had happened since I moved here.
To say it was dramatic would be an understatement.
I quickly checked the skin on my chest, it was still a bit pink but I was otherwise intact.

Hopping out of bed I stretched my arms as high as they would go; things were definitely starting to look more positive.
I walked over to my window and opened my curtains wide.
Unfortunately the weather did not mirror my mood; the sky was cloudy and I could see raindrops falling sporadically.
As I turned back around and surveyed my room, I frowned.
Wait...my room? Hadn’t I fallen asleep on the couch?
I shrugged; I’d ask Nick about it.

After showering, I dressed in a pair of dark grey jeggings and ankle boots with a fitted white shirt that had a black ribbon that went just under my boobs.
I subtly put on eyeliner and mascara and brushed out my long hair.
I was going for a professional look today.
Grabbing my black bag I threw in everything I’d need for the day...including my keys!

I walked into the living room to see Nick lounging on the couch with his arms linked behind his head as he watched TV.
I couldn’t help but notice that once again he was shirtless,
(A definite perk of living with a hot guy!).

When he looked up at me his eyes widened a bit as he looked me up and down.
I just gave him my brightest smile and pretended not to notice.
‘Good morning!’ I chirped.
Wow, I thought, I really am in a good mood this morning.
Nick obviously noticed aswell.
‘Good morning to you too, someone seems to be in a good mood...?’
He commented while his eyebrow rose in query of my mood.
I guess it was a surprise for him too.
‘Am I not allowed to be in a good mood?’ I feigned hurt,
He just chuckled,
‘I find I much prefer you in a good mood...some mornings you’re downright scary’ ‘you’re no peach yourself’ I sneered.
He grinned sexily at me.
I could feel my heartbeat getting faster and my whole body felt tingly – Damn what was this boy doing to me!

Our hatred of getting up early was something we definitely had in common.
‘How did I end up in my room last night? I thought I fell asleep on the couch?’
I said it tentatively, not wanting to presume anything, for all I knew I’d sleepwalked my way to bed.
I chuckled to myself as an image of me walking zombie-like around the room, banging into everything while Nick looked on horrified crossed my mind.
That would be a sight.
He shrugged and yawned, turning back to the TV
‘Ye I carried you in, you’d have neck-ache if you’d slept out here all night’
I was taken aback by his thoughtfulness and my heart fluttered as I looked at him watching TV nonchalantly.
‘Thank you’ I said quietly.
He gave me a sidelong glance
‘You should be thanking me’ he grinned cheekily emphasising the “should”,
‘My arms still hurt’
I glared as he started rubbing his arms and throwing me pained looks.
I punched him on the arm.
‘Did that help?’ I asked sweetly, batting my eyelashes at him.
‘Damn, you’ve got quite a punch for someone so tiny’
He said rubbing the spot where I’d punched him, throwing me an actual pained look – sweet, sweet revenge! I had to hide my grin.
‘Hey! I am not tiny!’ I protested
‘And you’d be able to punch too if you grew up having to defend yourself from two older brothers’ I said darkly.
‘Ah but you are tiny, really’
‘Pshh whatever’ I said flouncing towards the kitchen for some much needed breakfast.

I was almost to the door when he spoke up again, his gaze still glued to the screen in front of him
‘And I don’t have any siblings, so I wouldn’t know about having to defend myself’ he said it almost emotionlessly, making me frown.
‘No siblings?’ I repeated.
He shook his head and glanced at me before looking back at the TV.
I could tell that there was something there, but I couldn’t think what to say so I continued on into the kitchen.

I made myself a cup of tea (of course) this time making sure not to spill it all over me again like a tool, and grabbed an apple from the bowl on the counter.
It wasn’t much but I wasn’t very hungry
‘So where are you off to dressed like that?’
Nick called from the living room as I crunched into my apple.
‘Eh, I’m going job-hunting; money doesn’t grow on trees you know, even though I pray for it every night’ I gave an exaggerated sigh.
He snorted at me ‘would you like some company?’
‘Nah, I’m going with Natalie and the guys, but thanks anyway?’
‘Well I guess I’ll just have to sit here all by myself’
He promptly sighed and made sniffing noises.
‘Dramaqueen!’ I yelled, laughing.

He appeared in the doorway and pouted his full lips.
I was powerless to resist.
‘I’ll tell you what, this shouldn’t take too long so how about we go out to lunch after?’
He remained silent, watching me.
I began to get nervous, had I gone too far?
I mean we’d only started being civil to eachother last night, was it too soon?
I had to struggle not to fidget under his gaze.
‘Umm, I’ll treat?’ I asked weakly, expecting a polite but firm “no”.
I was second guessing myself and was about to try laugh it off when a grin spread across his face
‘Perfect, as long as you treat’ I rolled my eyes,
‘You know I get the feeling that you’re using me for something?’
I asked tapping my finger against my chin, as if in deep thought.
His eyes widened mockingly,
‘Me? No, never!’ he said as if butter wouldn’t melt in his mouth.
‘And frankly, I’m shocked and appalled that you would accuse me of such a thing!’ ‘You’re such a loser’ I muttered as he ruffled my hair.
He walked past me to the fridge and I scowled at his – hot! – bare back, (I’m a definite sucker for backs!) a guy should never mess with a girl’s hair, especially when she’s on her way out.
Unfortunately he didn’t look up and see my world-class glare...
‘Right, well I’m off, I’ll call you when I’m done’
I just got a grunt in response as he peered into the fridge; hmm, boys! I thought, they always make you feel appreciated...whatever!

I met up with Lee soon after walking out the door and we walked slowly together towards where the others were waiting for us at the gates.
‘Why, hello there! Do I know you from somewhere?’
Lee did a double take, grinning when he saw me as if he didn’t know who I was.
I swatted at him playfully, laughing.
‘Well hello to you too, have you forgotten me already?’ I mock pouted.
Slinging his arm around my waist, he pulled me closer to him, causing warmth to engulf my body.
‘Not possible babe, you’re entirely too beautiful to forget!’
I pretended to gag.
‘Save it!’
I laughed,
‘It’s not working’
‘Not even a little?’
‘Nope’ I said popping the ‘P’.
‘Well then I shall just have to try again’
He raised his right hand till it was covering his heart.
We both burst out laughing.

I stopped abruptly when I felt the back of my neck prickling.
I whipped around to see a dark figure disappearing around a corner.
‘What is it babe?’
I just shook my head.
‘Nothing’
With one last glance behind me, we continued on.

It had looked like...nah; it’s probably just me seeing things.
I smiled up at Lee.
‘I don’t remember giving you permission to call me “babe”?’
‘Oh, well you don’t get a choice in the matter....BABE!’

Laughing, we walked the short way to where the others were waiting for us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapter is really short....
And really boring....
It’ll get better in the next few chapters! Promise!!!
Please just, yano, vote, comment etc etc...
Hope you enjoy...

Kaz xoxo