The Movies Make It Look Easy

Chapter Two

Chapter 2

Shannon’s P.O.V:

When I finally found the plain wooden door with the number 13 printed on it, I paused for a moment or two to try and calm my nerves and slow my racing heart.

I’d eventually found my room after wandering around and getting lost for a while. I had a feeling it was going to take me a while to find my way around the campus without getting lost…constantly.

Gathering myself, I unlocked the door of my new apartment and stepped in quietly. I blew out a breath as I walked over the threshold of my home for the next year. My roommate didn’t seem to have arrived yet, the apartment was silent.
I was curious about my roommate and what she was going to be like. I was praying that we’d get on with eachother, because we’d be living together for the next year, minus holidays, and I didn’t want to be fighting all the time.

I walked around the apartment, checking it out. The door into the apartment opened into a big room with a table and four chairs on one side and a couch and two armchairs surrounding a tiny TV on the other side. Through a door straight ahead was a small kitchen with a utility room in the back. A big window over the sink made the room bright and made it feel larger than it actually was.
I smiled to myself, I wasn’t the best cook but I did love baking. I envisioned my roommate and I having our friends over at the weekend and baking cookies. I could be very cheesy when I wanted to be.

Back in the main room I saw two identical doors, one on either side of the room. I randomly chose the door to the left of the front door.
Walking over, I opened the door and walked in. A grin grew on my face as I took in the room. I didn’t even need to look at the other room; this was definitely going to be mine.

The walls were a pale green and the curtains were white with green tie-backs to match the walls. There was a soft creamy carpet under my feet as I walked around the room inspecting it. There was a small desk and chair in one country and a book shelf along the left wall. Under it stood a small double bed and right in front of me on the opposite wall a large bay window with a window seat. I loved it.
To my right stood two doors, I opened one and found a small walk-in wardrobe, and through the other was a bathroom. So far so good, I thought, I already loved the apartment. It wasn’t huge, but it was big enough.

I walked out to the living room again and grabbed my suitcases. I had a couple more boxes being shipped tomorrow. I unpacked my stuff, listening to All Time Low on my Ipod. I danced around the room, singing along as I placed things in the right places.
When I was done I poked my head out my door, in case my roommate had appeared while I was unpacking. I hoped she hadn’t because my singing had been horribly off-key and it wouldn’t exactly make a very good first impression to hear me squawking as soon as she walked in the door. Thankfully the place was still silent.
I walked across the room throwing myself down on the couch and flicking on the TV. There was nothing on so I turned it off and after tapping my fingers aimlessly against the side of my couch, yawning every few seconds and whistling tunelessly, I went and got my laptop.
I checked my e-mails and browsed Facebook, answering some comments from my friends, all asking how I was and saying they missed me. I couldn’t help but laugh; I’d seen all of them the night before at my going away party.

After almost an hour of browsing, I turned off the computer. There was still no sign of my roommate. I frowned, she obviously wasn’t punctual. Oh well I thought, might as well go exploring. I skipped to my room and checked my self in the mirror. I was wearing a long white top over skinny jeans and pumps. After finger combing my long golden brown hair and fixing my side fringe, I grabbed my pure and phone and put on my much-loved brown leather jacket and walked out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey….
So here’s chapter 2….
Hope you like it :)

Kaz xoxo