Status: check out the sequel - http://stories.mibba.com/read/314329/These-Are-the-Lies-I-Have-Created/

Was It a Dream?

Broken Noses.

I stared at the bathroom stall door and sighed. I went over to the mirror, adjusted myself and smoothed down my hair and clothes before sneaking out of the woman's rest room. Luckily, no one saw me. I walked back into the recording studio, Shannon was hunched over grabbing his nose and Tomo was laughing his ass off.
"What happened?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.
"Shannon over here tried to spin his drumstick around on his fingers but it backfired and smacked him in the nose," Tomo explained in between giggles.
I snorted, trying to hold back my laughter but, I'm sorry, it was kind of hilarious. "Good job, Shanimal," I rolled my eyes and patted my brother on the back.

"So, um, I need to talk to you guys. Do you want to go out for sushi?" I asked nervously, fiddling with the cuff of my fingerless gloves.
Shannon stopped whimpering in pain and looked up, "What's up Jare?" I nudged my head towards the door and had them follow me outside and towards our favorite Japanese place.
We sat down, I ordered myself some vegetarian maki while Shannon and Tomo opted for something less healthy.
"It's about our manager," I said, fiddling with my chopsticks.
"Yeah?" Tomo said, leaning in to take a sip from his ice water.
"He was kind of an ass today. He came up to Gerard and I and told us we should date because it'd be better for the record sales. Ugh, I'm just sick of all this tabloid bullshit. I went through it when I was dating Cameron and I don't want to go through it again. Gerard basically told him to go fuck himself, but I just wanted to talk to you guys."
Tomo and Shannon nodded.
"So, are you two dating?" Shannon asked carefully.

I shrugged, "I'm not actually sure."
"Do you want to date him?" Tomo butted in.
I nodded slowly, "Yeah, I do. But I don't want it to be this huge press issue, I hate the paparazzi," I groaned.
Shannon laughed, "Yeah, half the pictures on the internet are you flipping cameras off."
I smirked, looking up at the waiter as he brought our food out. I stuck my chopstick into my maki rolls and dipped it in some soy sauce.
"Should we fire him?" I said, covering my mouth as I talked and chewed at the same time.

Shannon and Tomo both looked at me, wide eyed. We had made it a long way since 2000. Nothing had ever come easy for us and the band; finding a new manager might be difficult.
"I-I could talk to Gerard, see if he knows any good managers?"
Shannon and Tomo nodded.
I got my cellphone out and quickly sent a text message to Gerard. 'Hey, do you know any good managers that would be willing to work with our crazy asses? xo J'
"So," I added, "How's your nose feel, Shan?" I smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are loved! :D