Status: check out the sequel - http://stories.mibba.com/read/314329/These-Are-the-Lies-I-Have-Created/

Was It a Dream?

There You Go, Messing With My Mind

"It's too fucking early, Tomo," I complained as I cradled the cup of coffee in my hands. Tomo nodded, mumbling in agreement as he tuned up his guitar.
We were already in the studio, getting ourselves situated. This coffee wasn't helping my nerves, and my cellphone seemed to be burning a hole in my pocket. I felt dirty, like really creepy that I had this on my phone. Should I just delete them? I set down my coffee, taking my cellphone from my pocket and opened up the pictures just as the doors flew open, revealing the five men I'd apparently had gotten drunk with last night. I scrambled with my phone, closing out of everything and setting it on the table, taking my coffee back in my hands and drinking it.

I watched as everyone reintroduced themselves, Gerard and I seemed to be the only ones who didn't remember anything.
"Hi, I'm Gerard, I think we met last night," He said, offering me his hand.
I shook his hand, "Jared, and yes-" I felt my cheeks flame up, "-We did." I said and stepped away from him, going back to drinking my coffee and spent the rest of the day avoiding Gerard's eye. So, he obviously didn't remember, I should have deleted those pictures when I had the chance.
"Jared, you okay?" I look up to see Shannon sitting down beside me.
"That's what, the third time you've asked me that today. I'm fine, really." I lied, shifting in my seat in jerky movements.

Shannon's eyes narrowed, "What's going on?" He crooned.
I looked up at Gerard, he was already getting headphones on so I assumed he wouldn't be able to hear me. I leaned in towards my brother.
"Do I smell like sex to you?"
Shannon leaned away, "What?!"
"Do I smell like-"
"No! Jared, I don't even-What?" He looked shocked, "I don't want to know about my brother's sex life, and what does sex even smell like?"
I shrugged, staring into my coffee.
"Jared, what happened?"
I shook my head, "It's nothing, just never mind."

I decided to leave it as that, getting up and getting all ready to record. Shannon and Bob met as drummers and Ray, Frank and Tomo all grabbed their guitars.
"Congrats on your award," Gerard said, fiddling with the headphones on his head.
"Thanks man, you too," I replied, not daring to look at him, I just stared straight at the microphone.

So, we started singing, working on melodies and solos and getting everything in sync with the band. Eventually, thank God, it was time to go. I've never had a more awkward experience in my life. Tomo and Shannon eyed me carefully as we headed into the hotel that the recording studio had provided us for the time being.

"Jared?" Tomo asked as we got settled into our room.
"Yeah?" I sighed, running my fingers through my hair, I badly needed a shower.
"Whats up, dude?" I could tell they both were concerned for me. I sighed, shaking my head.
"Something I think happened last night-"
"You had sex and you don't remember!" Tomo jumped.
I let out a small laugh, "Yeah, that's it." I said. Shannon gave me a big pat on my back.
"Buck up, little camper."

I stuck my tongue out at him, "I'm only younger than you by a year."
"Don't worry about it Jared, just forget about her."
I debated showing them the pictures I found, and telling them everything. I reached into my pocket, my phone wasn't there.
"Have you seen my phone?" I asked, my heart rate speeding up and I got up off the chair, digging for it in the cracks of the cushion.
"Fucking shit!" I hissed as I tried to think of where it might be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are loved. :'D