Status: Complete!

Mr. Geek and Ms. Popular

Secrecy of Sickness

Today I had to stay home with Johnathan because he got sick with a cold, since the weather outside started changing to its Fall season. Sighing, I got up when I heard the bell ring, singling that John needed something. Frowning as I walked into the doorway, I saw him laying there in his bed sniffling.

"What did you need bud?" I walked over towards his bed, where I took a seat on the side.

"Soup?" He looked up at me hopefully.

Smiling, I moved his damp hair away from his forehead. "Sure thing. Need anymore water?" I glanced over at his cup, before looking back at him to catch his nod.

Picking up his cup, I kissed his forehead before heading downstairs. In the kitchen, I got out the pot and chicken noodle soup packet, and then started cooking it. While the soup started cooking, I turned around to head back upstairs to give John his water, but as I turned around I saw the living room T.V. on. Cocking an eyebrow, I walked into the living room before jumping, almost dropping John's cup on the floor. Placing a hand on my chest, I breathed deeply, staring at John laying on the couch.

"Jesus JJ, you scared me," I sighed, placing his water on the coffee table.

"Sorrwie mommy," John's week voice sounded from the tower of blankets.

"Why did you come down here?" I leaned over the back of the couch, tucking him in better.

Before he could answer, the door bell rang. Kissing his forehead, I headed over towards the door. Opening up the door, I found Joe standing there. Looking over at the time, I saw school got out a little while ago. Smiling back at him, I let him inside.

"Hey, I brought your homework," he smiled back, holding up the small amount of notebooks.

"Thanks Joe." I glanced back out the door, seeing Kevin's car already half way down the road. "Where's Shawn?"

"Kev dropped him off at Katie's house, he said he wanted to hang out with her and apologize to her."

"Oh alright," I nodded my head, before shutting the door and going into the kitchen to check on the chicken noodle soup.

"How is he feeling?" Joe looked into the living room, seeing John laying there watching Spongebob.

"He still has a fever and is coughing," I sighed, before we heard John start coughing again.

"You know, my mom could probably watch him tomorrow if you want." I turned to look over at him. Joe saw my look before he continued. "I mean, so you can go to school and not miss much days because you must be missing a lot."

"Thanks Joe. I'll think about it," I bit my lip, turning my attention back to the soup.

Awkward silence fell between Joe and I, making me fidget slightly. Turning around to get a bowl for the soup, I let out a gasp seeing Joe standing right next me. He stood so close to me that I could feel his breath on my face. Bitting my lip, my gaze traveled up to meet his.

"Joe," I whispered, watching his eyes go back and forth from my lips to my eyes. "What-."

Before I could finish my question, I felt Joe's lips on mine and his hand cupping my cheek while the other rest on my waist., making me stiffen and eyes widen. Couple seconds, I relaxed into the kiss, placing my hands on his chest and closing my eyes.

"Mommy!" John's raspy voice flowed through the house, making Joe and I jump apart.

Staring at him for a second, I went around him to get a bowl out of the cabinet. Going back around Joe again, who seemed to be standing there in the same position as if I still stood there, to pour some soup into the bowl. Getting out the tray as quickly as I could, I placed the bowl on it, before walking out of the kitchen. Placing the tray on the coffee table, I turned towards my sick little brother.

"Can you lean up against the arm of the couch bud?"

Nodding his head, he slowly sat up against the arm of the couch. Smiling at him, I placed a towel over his lap, in case if he might spill anything, so it would not get on him or the couch. Setting the tray on his lap, I sat down in front of him. Slowly, I began to feed him at his pace.

"Hey Joe," I called, noticing him still standing in the kitchen, now pacing. Snapping out of whatever it was, he looked up over at me. "Could you get his medicine off the counter?"

"Yeah," he nodded his head and picked up the children cold medicine before walking into the living room and placing it on the coffee table.

"Thanks," I smiled up at him, before going back to feeding John.

Quickly, he finished all the soup in the bowl, making me praise him; however, when it came down to giving him his medicine, he refused. Sighing with frustration, I brought the spoon back to his mouth.

"Come on bud, if you want to get better, you have to take your medicine."

"No," he shook his head, giving the spoon a disgusted look.

"John," Joe voiced for the first time coming into the room. He looked up at the boy standing behind me. "I'll give you some chocolate when you get better, but you have to take your medicine."

John's eyes brighten at the thought, before he took the spoonful of medicine that I still held out in front of him. Smiling, I kissed his forehead as I stood up from the couch. Picking up his medicine, Joe came in front of me and picked up the tray and towel. John soon laid back down, cuddling in his hep of blankets once more.

"I'm sorry," Joe announced once we entered the kitchen, making me turn towards him. "But I'm just frustrated."

"Why are you frustrated?" I looked at him confused.

"Because," he walked over towards me, wrapping his arms around my waist. "I like you so much and when I see you with my brother, I can't take it seeing him hugging you like this and kissing your cheek every morning."

"Joe, we can't, it will ruin everything and not to mention you are still dating Christine." I placed my hands on his chest, looking up the itch of height difference to meet his gaze.

"I know... I know!" He gripped his hair, making it stand on its ends. He looked back at me and cupped my cheeks. "You don't think I tried to see past you and get over you? I did, but I can't stop thinking about you! I keep wishing it was you who I am dating, but I know if we broke up, pretend to break up for you, and we start dating, people will talk, which neither of us want to happen. However, I know if I don't have you in some form, I will go crazy!"

I stared at him with my mouth agape, soaking in everything he just confessed. I bit my lip, wondering if he is asking me what I thought he was asking me.

"Are you asking me to be," I could not finish my question as I stared into his soft brown eyes.

"To be my girlfriend?" He searched my eyes after a couple minutes of silence. I nodded my head, still unable to speak. "No, I'm not."

My heart shattered into pieces right then and there, but I did not dare let him see that. I held a strong facial expression, while opening my mouth to speak, I was yet again cut off by him.

"I'm asking you to be mine, but in secrecy."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooo :) Thanks to everyone who is commenting and subscribing :)... I've decided that I'm going to update this regular on Tuesday and Thursdays if things don't get in the way, and maybe Fridays :)