Status: Complete!

Mr. Geek and Ms. Popular

Halloween Slip

A month has passed since Joe and I started to secretly date, and we have been on a total of two dates. One of which happened at Chuck E' Cheese, where I swore I saw Nick and Hayley being pulled away by a security guard, but I knew it could not have been on them, they had no clue about Joe and me. Our second date, Joe took me out to the beach for a candle lit picnic, which took my breath away. Today, however, is Halloween, but unlike most of the seniors who party it up on a night like this, I am taking my little brother out to trick or treat like every other year.

"Mommy! I'm ready!" John called from behind my bedroom door.

"I'll be right out babe!" I hollered back while finishing up my make up.

I decided to dress up like a Gypsy Princess. Fixing my head band, I turned off my bathroom light and walked over to my bedroom door. Opening the door, I saw a little clown standing outside holding a pillow case. Laughing, I fixed John's wig before tying his shoes. Why he decided to be a clown, is beyond me.

"Big sis, if you were going to that Halloween party, you would have Matt hanging by your side all night long." Shawn chuckled, coming out of his room dressed as a dead skater.

"Yeah, well I'm not there, and I would rather be out there trick or treating with my little clown here," I smiled down at John.

He honked his nose before running off down the hallway, giggling. Shaking my head, I followed him down the stairs, laughing at his adorableness.

"You got a flash light?" I questioned, turning towards Shawn before we left the house.

"Yeah, I'll be home by eleven-thirty," he smiled, before skating the opposite way down the side walk.

"Come on Mommy!" John grabbed a hold of my hand, dragging me to the first house of the night.

A hour and a half passed until we got to the neighborhoods where all the parties were being held, though they kept bowls of candy at the end of the driveways with an unlucky person watched them. We got to one house where I saw a guy dressed up like a nerd, just texting on his phone. John ran up and grabbed about two pieces before I figured out who the face behind the thick rimed glasses. John also realized it too when he looked up at him.

"You're mean," he huffed, crossing his arms over this small chest. His gaze snapped away from his phone down to my little brother and then up to meet mine.

"Come on bud, we have a lot more houses to hit up," I grinned down at him, taking his hand and pulled him to the next house.

"Carly, wait!" His voice rang from behind us, making me stop and watch John run up to the next house. I felt a hand on my shoulder, making me turn around and shrug it off. "I'm sorry okay. I don't know what it will take to get you back, but I'm sorry."

"I suggest you go back to watching the candy bowl Matthew," I growled, turning back to see John running back towards us.

"I even dressed up like a nerd in hopes I'd see you tonight and win you over. Since you know, you like this type now," Matt rolled his eyes. I glared towards him.

"If you think that's why I'm dating Joe, then you don't know me at all, like you used to," I sneered, while walking away angry.

"I KNEW YOU WERE DATING HIM! I KNEW YOU COULDN'T BE DATING HIS BROTHER!" His words made me slow my walk and begin to bring heavily. I turned back and stared at him.

"What are you talking about? I am dating Kevin." I cocked an eyebrow, hoping I didn't let it slip and he would get confused, thinking he heard me say Joe, when I really said Kevin.

"You just said you were dating Joe," he smirked, walking swiftly towards me.

"No I didn't, you're hearing things. I said Kevin." I shook my head and turned around once again, walking away from him.

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! I need to find Joe and fast! I hit my head over and over again, only to stop once I saw John running down the hill of the house we stopped at. Walking around for another good hour, I finally spotted Christine, who was dressed up as a Cowgirl with a huge ten gallon hat. I laughed at the sight of what she made Joe wear. He had huge chaps on, that made his legs look ten times bigger than him, and a huge ten gallon hat that match hers.

"JOE!" John yelled, running towards him.

I only laughed harder when he turned around to find a huge mustache on his face. His smile shined through behind the mustache while he picked up John and looked towards me. Christine also smiled towards me, making my stomach drop. I feel bad because her brother did the same thing to me, so I knew how she felt, but I just could not keep myself from telling her.

"Hey guys," I chuckled as I approached them.

"Hey Car," they both greeted me with smiles.

"We saw Matt," John stuck his nose in the air with disgust. This was when Christine took noticed in his costume, making her scream, and hide behind Joe.

"What's wrong?" Joe questioned, trying to turn around to look at her, for her to only stay behind him.

"Clown!" She exclaimed, making Joe and I laugh.

"You're scared of this adorableness?" I pinched one of John's cheeks, making him whine in protest.

"I'm sorry I'm scared of every form of clowns!"

"It's alright, we were just leaving anyways," I giggled, taking John out of Joe's arms.

"Okay! Sorry he scares me!" She pecked over Joe's shoulder, bitting her lip.

"It's okay," I laughed, letting John run up to the house.

"So you saw Matt?" Joe cocked an eyebrow, changing the subjects.

"Yeah, and I think I kinda hinted to something that I shouldn't have," I bit my lip, staring at him, trying to send him the unsaid thoughts.

"Like what?" Christine came out from behind him.

"I'm not completely sure, but I know I hinted to something I shouldn't have."

I let your name slip Joe! I let my gaze stay on Joe, trying to get him to understand, but he just sported a confused expression. I then noticed Christine hide behind him once again.

"Mommy, can we go home now?" John tugged on my dress, making me look down at him.

"Sure hun. Bye Christine, Joe, I'll talk to you guys later." I smiled at them before walking back towards the house.

Once home, I helped John go through his candy to find the unwrapped ones that we had to throw away. We ended up sitting on the couch watching Halloween movies; even though, John passed out during the first one, so I packed him up to his room. Around eleven-thirty, Shawn came walking through the front door, and I jumped on him. Literally, jumped on top of him.

"What. Are. You. Doing." He breathed, staring at me.

"I made a huge mistake," I cried, letting the tears begin to fall.

"First off, can you get off of me?" I rolled off him, staring up at the ceiling. "Second off, what huge mistake did you make?"

"For the past month Joe and I have been secretly dating and no one knows, well now you do, but that's not the point! The point is I ran into Matt tonight and said and I quote, if you think that's why I'm dating Joe instead of Kevin and he called me out on it!" I breathed in deeply, turning to look over at my little brother, who stared back down at me, shocked.

"Let me get this straight," his voice broke the couple minutes of silence. "You and Joe have been dating secretly?" I nodded my head. "And tonight you let it slip that you weren't dating Kevin, but Joe to Matt?" I nodded my head once again. "Big sis, the best thing to do is tell the truth, if you taught me one thing, it was to tell the truth in these kinds of situations."

"But if we tell the truth, I will look like some kind of whore and Joe will look like a douche, which neither of us are," I whined, throwing my arms up in the air.

"Well, then that's just the price you have to pay." He stared down at me symptomatically.
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRY! I'm so sorry that I haven't been updating lately, I've been super super busy with school and stuff and this past Friday, my life was partly made! I GOT TO SIT INSIDE THE OPTIMUS PRIME! :)