Status: Complete!

Mr. Geek and Ms. Popular

What Are You Doing

Should I tell him, not even Matt knows. I thought, turning my back to Joseph Jonas.

"Carly?" I heard Jonas whisper, then I felt a hand brush my hair off my neck.

I closed my eyes, as a few tears fell out of my eyes.

"What's wrong?"

I shook my head and slightly turned over to look at him. One look into his eyes and I knew that he wouldn't judge me. I slowly found myself getting lost within those depths of chocolate brown. I soon felt two unfamiliar arms wrap around my waist, pulling me into an unfamiliar built chest.

"Joe, have yo-," someone started to say, as they opened his bedroom door.

Jonas and I pulled away from each other as quickly as we could and stared up at whoever was at the door. Turned out to be an older looking boy, I say about 20 years old, who had hair almost like Nick’s, but only shorter.

“Uhh, sorry to interrupt, but Joe, have you seen my other shoe?” the guy asked, pointing down to his shoeless foot, looking at me slightly out of the corner of his eyes, while I wiped away my tears.

“No, I haven’t sorry Kev, and we kind of was working on a paper, so could you leave please,” Jonas tightened his hand in a fist slightly, when Kevin started smirking.

So this is THE Kevin Jonas. I got up off the floor and started putting my stuff in my bag, after noticing the time.

“Actually Jon-,” I stopped myself before I said Jonas. “Uhh Joe, I got to go, I’m on dinner duty tonight remember, so I’ll see you tomorrow, and uhhh if you want, you could, uh come over to my house to work on this paper,” I offered, picking up my bag and throwing it over one of my shoulders.

“Sure, I guess, and yeah I’ll see you tomorrow,” Joe looked over at me sadly.

“Uhh bye?” I suggested over at Kevin.

“Yeah, see ya later,” Kevin stated, still smirking.

The next morning, I found myself with my head against my locker, when I felt two arms wrap around my waist and someone started to kiss up and down my neck.

“Good morning babe,” I heard Matt’s voice greet me in my ear.

I smiled, turned around and wrapped my arms around his waist. He kissed the top of my head.

“Are you ok?” He questioned, softly looking down at me.

“Yeah, I’m fine, just tired,” I smiled up at him.

“Alright, so are you coming over tonight?" We started walking to the science building.

I opened my mouth to speck, when Joe and Nick walked by, making Matt stop.

“Hey loser, if you think you’re hanging out with my girlfriend tonight, forget about it, she’s hanging out with me, her boyfriend,” He chuckled softly while smirking at the two brothers, and then he just pulled me along, leaving them standing there confused.

“Matt, why did you do that?” I whined, looking up at him.

“You wanted to hang out with that low life, instead of your boyfriend?” He glared down at me, like I had some form of disease or something.

“No I don’t, but the faster we get this paper over with, the more time we have together,” I ran my finger down his chest, leaning up and kissing him lightly.

“Fine, but I get you all this weekend,” He now started kissing my neck, making me slightly giggle.

“Mm, babe, I can’t this weekend, I’m at my Dad’s and I have work,” I looked up at him sadly.

“Can’t you call in sick?”

“No, sorry babe, I can't, I really need the money,” I sighed.

“Fine, I’ll see you at lunch,” Matt growled, kissing me roughly, and then walked away.

I sighed, walking into the classroom, taking my seat. Also taking noticed to Joe who was already seated and writing down the notes from the board.

“Sorry,” I softly said, getting out paper.

Joe just looked at me confused and went back to copying. After about a couple minutes of silence and Joe still not answering me, I began my own copying.

“For what?” Joe's voice startled me, making me snap my gaze towards him.

“Matt, I’m sorry for his, well his jerkish ways. He just gets jealous easily, like this one time he thought my cousin was hitting on me, and I was cheating on him,” I gigged, remembering that day.

He looked at me with an eyebrow raised and a narrowed gaze.

“Okay... awkward much? And don’t be sorry, you get use to it after awhile,” Joe shrugged his shoulders and went back to writing.

“No it’s not, no one should be talked to like that,” I sighed, shaking my head.

He once again turned over towards me, but this time only with a hard glare, making me slightly confused.

“If I do recall you talk to us geeks and nerds like that every single day, and when I first talked to you, I was ‘the loser’,” his eyebrow rose and fell with each word and he used air quotes around “the loser”.

He turned back to his work, while I stared at him, hurt and confused. I slowly moved my head back to my work, wiping a single tear from my eye. I really did not know why he affected me the way he just did, but it really hurt. Might have been because he has seen me at my worst and lowest points.

“Uhh Jonas,” I whispered, when the teacher began the lesson.

He turned to me, glaring, while I hid under my hair to avoid his gaze.

“What?”Joe Jonas hissed.

“Umm, you can still come over if you, uhh you want to, I uhh told Matt he would just have to deal with it,” I slightly looked over at him.

He just shook his head, turning his attention back to the teacher. I lightly sighed, letting my shoulders slump. The bell soon rang, signaling the end of the period. I gather up my stuff.

“Fine,” I heardJoe’s Jonas' voice say. My head shot up, making me look at him.

“What?” I questioned, slightly confused and shocked.

"I'll come over tonight to your house, after dinner," he said before he started to walk away.

That afternoon, I found myself cooking some chicken, mashed potatoes, and green beans for dinner.

"Mommy, it smells good," my three year old half brother, Johnathan stated while walking into the kitchen.

"Thank you sweetie, where's Uncle Shawn?" I smiled down at him, as he hugged my leg.

"His room," he smiled up at me.

"Go get him and tell him dinner is ready," I started placing food on his plate.

"Ok Mommy," he then ran out of the kitchen.

I smiled after him, while putting some masked potatoes on his plate, along with some green beans, and then I started on Shawn’s plate. Not even a minute later, the doorbell rang; making my eyes widen rememberingJoe Jonas was coming over tonight. I sat down the plates on the table, rushing over to the door, opening it up to find, indeedJoe Jonas. Why do I seem to keep call him by his first name! He is Jonas, not Joe. JONAS!

“Hey,” I smiled slightly.

That’s when I noticed Kevin back out, waving at me. I waved back, letting Jonas inside. Once inside, I shut the door, and turn around to find John running down the stairs crying, colliding with Joe.

“Hey little man, what’s wrong?” Jonas asked, kneeling down to John’s level.

“Uncle Shawn tripped me after he pushed me out of his room,” he cried, making my mouth slightly drop.

Either Jonas didn’t hear him say Uncle, or he thought it was my nephew, because he looked unfazed by it, and took John in his arms hugging him.

“SHAWN MICHEL JAMES!” my voice rang through out the house, while ran up the stairs, bursting through his door to find him and his girlfriend, Katie on his bed, making out.

They jumped apart when I came in, and I narrowed my eyes at them both. I took Katie by the arm, picked up her bag, and pulled her out of the room, down the stairs to the front door. We passed Jonas along the way, who looked slightly confused.

“I do not want to see you around here for a long time, and don’t speak to or see Shawn for a while too,” I hissed before shutting the door in her face.

“Mommy?” I heard the quivering voice of John question.

I twitched slightly, slowly turning around to find Jonas holding John and looked at me with wide eyes.

“John, sweetie, why don’t you go eat your food, it is on the table,” I smiled sweetly at him.

Jonas put him down and he then ran towards the living room.

“That’s the little boy in your key chain, b-b-but y-y-you,” Jonas stuttered, trying to comprehend what was going on.

Not giving an explanation, I walked right passed him, up the stairs, and into Shawn’s room.

“WHAT WERE YOU DOING!” I seethed, glaring at him.

Shawn looked up from his phone and glared right back at me.

“None of your fucking business,” Shawn sneered, and went back to his phone. Growling, I walked up to him and ripped the phone out of his hands.

“I’ll be taking this and you are grounded for a month, no phone, no leaving this house, no computer, and no video games.” He stared up at me shocked, but that soon vanished back into a glare.

“You can’t fucking do that!” He jumped to his feet, getting into my face.

“I can and I just did." I smirked towards him. "And I’m not raising another baby by myself,” I stated before walking out of his room.

“GOD DAMMIT! I FUCKING HATE YOU!"

I just ignored him and the slamming of his door. I stopped right outside of it though, to find Jonas standing there at the top of the stairs, staring at me still confused.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it is taking me forever to get these chapters over here from quizilla, but I've been busy with just graduating and getting ready to head off to college this coming up fall...