Status: Complete!

Mr. Geek and Ms. Popular

New Year

I have not talked to anyone of the Jonas clan in a couple months since the whole slip up to Matthew. I did, however tell Joe that we should stop seeing each other, besides at school, and that we should quit the whole plan of making Matt jealous. Christmas and New Year's have passed by quickly, and it's time to get ready for graduation. Upon arriving back to school, I took noticed that my schedule changed and I no longer had classes with Joe; although, I did have several with Matt.

"Carly," I heard someone whisper behind me in math class.

Rolling my eyes, I knew exactly who that voice belonged to, so I did not turn around. The person did not seem to like that because they threw something at my back and whispered my name once again. Growling, I turned around in my chair, glaring daggers at the person.

"What Matthew?" I hissed, tightening my jaw.

Instead of answering me, he pointed down, to I assume at the piece of paper he threw at me earlier. Moving my gaze down, I stared at the folded up piece of paper. After staring at it, I bent down and picked it up, sighing. Turning my body to face the front of the class, I started unfolding the paper. What the paper said shocked me.

Your little boyfriend broke up with my little sister over the Holidays, care to explain why? Angry, I picked up my pencil and let my feelings flow.

What do you mean little boyfriend? WE NEVER WENT OUT! And I haven't talked to anyone in that group in months, so I didn't even know that he broke up with her to begin with. If you really want to know, why don't you ask HIM, and not ME? It's none of my problems anyway, and why do you even care? You never cared before...

Folding the paper back up, I looked up at the teacher before turning around and throwing it back towards him, and turning back around once again. Several minutes passed by before I felt the paper hit me in my back once again. Sighing, I turned around and picked it up off the floor.

What do you mean I never cared? That little nerd, you became so close to, hurt my baby sister, of course I would care! And I think you had something to do with it.

Think about it Matthew, when was the last time you cared that your baby sister got hurt by some boy? I had nothing to do with their break up, when I haven't even talked to him since Halloween. If you want to accuse me of something, do it to my face and not in some note. I'm done talking to you, and if you really cared, you would have never done what you did.

When I passed back the note, the bell rang. I stood up and gathered all my possessions before walking out the door, angrily. Arriving at my locker, I opened it and began to switch out my books in the subjects I had homework in since math was my last class of the day. Shutting my locker door, I nearly jumped a foot in the air seeing Matthew leaning on the lockers next to mine.

"What do you want," I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"We need to talk," he bit his lower lip. Searching his eyes, I took noticed in each emotion they held; hope, sadness, and despair.

"Okay," I nodded my head, not sure what I have gotten myself into.

That evening, I found myself sitting inside the local diner, the place where Matt and I would always come on our many dates or just to be alone. My leg nervously bounced up and down, while I checked my phone for the time every minute. He told me to meet him here at five thirty and it is now nearing six o'clock.

"Waiting for your boyfriend? I haven't seen you two around here for a long time now," Bertha, the fourty year old owner, questioned. Snapping my gaze towards the counter, I noticed her staring at me.

"That's because we broke up a while ago, I found him cheating on me, and he asked me here to talk, but it looks like he's a-," my voice got cut off by the ringing of the bell over the door. We both looked towards the door to find Matthew standing there.

"Hey," he bit his lip once again, while taking a seat across of me.

"Hi," I lightly smiled. We sat in awkward silence for quite a while, before I could not take it any longer. "What did you want to talk about?"

Before he could answer, Bertha came over with our usual plates and set them down in front of us. My gaze stayed on him as he rubbed his face with his plams. As his gaze met mine, he locked eyes on me.

"I'm sorry," he spoke softly, almost to the point where I could not hear him.

"For what exactly?" I cocked an eyebrow.

"I'm sorry for everything. The cheating, the way I've been acting, and just for my actions this past year in general." My mouth hung open upon hearing these words. "I know I screwed up big time and that you don't ever want to hear from me again, but I don't want it to turn out that way. Carly, you were my best friend and rather you want to believe or not, I told you everything, and I miss that and I miss us." He took ahold of my hands, staring directly into my eyes with every single word.

I stared at our intertwined hands, processing every word he just told me. I literally sat there gapping for words to say to him, to tell him how much he hurt me, how I caused the break up between Christine and Joe, how I hated myself for doing what he had done to me to his very own sister, but I could not make those words come out.

"Matt," I gasped for breath, trying to tell him everything I felt at this very moment. "I loved you, I loved you with every fiber of my heart, and for you to do what you did to me hurt, I don't think we can ever be the same we used to be, relationship wise at least. We can try and be best friends again, but I really don't see that happening any time soon. The wounds are still too freash for me to handle all of this at once."

His eyes showed every emotion going through his body at this point in time; despair, love, and regret.

"I understand," he breathed, sitting up straight and taking away his hands from mine. "But promise me sometime down the road, we can be the way we were before we went out, before I made the biggest mistake of my life, and that you'll still be there for me."

"I can't promise you that," I shook my head, noticing his slumpped shoulders. "But I can promise you that if you ever need anything, I will be there for you."

He gave me a small smile, and nodded his head. I smiled slightly back, before looking around the diner. My gaze froze at the door, where there stood none other than Joseph Jonas. We stared at each other for a while, before he shook his head and walked out of the diner.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter will be the end of Mr. Geek and Ms. Poplar, but there will be a sequel! :)