Status: Complete!

Mr. Geek and Ms. Popular

Care to Explain

I walked towards Carly, took a hold of her shoulders, and stared her eyes.

“Care to explain all this to me please?” I asked, softly.

“What do you want to know?” She dropped her gaze along with her head.

“The truth about that little boy down stairs,” I took a hold of her chin, forcing her to look at me.

Carly sighed, and looked me into my eyes.

“He really is my half-brother, but I’ve raised him as my own. So he thinks I’m his real mother, but really my step-mom is his mother. See when I was 14, both my father and step-mom got sent to jail, so my mom took him in as her own child. But once he was five months old, she got sick and pasted away a month later.

“My grandmother took us in after that, but I was the one who mainly raised him. Then once I turned 18, we moved into the house, because my Grandma couldn’t care for us any longer. My father is out of jail, but he was seen as an unfit to take care of Shawn and John. He sends us money for the house, food, and clothing. Please Joe, don’t tell anyone, you’re the only one who knows this,” she pleaded, looking into his eyes the whole time.

“Not even Matt knows?” I questioned, after a couple minutes of silence passed, slightly still shocked.

“No, I know if he knew about all this, he would call me a liar, and would leave me because he would think that I’m not having sex with him yet, to pin that John is his son,” she sighed, shaking her head.

“He’s stupid if he would think or do that,” I rolled my eyes, at the thought of his stupidity.

That’s when I noticed her staring at my ring, which sat on my left ring finger, like the one my brothers wore. Smiling slightly, she took my hand into hers.

“Purity ring, that’s why I won’t have sex with him.” She started twisting my ring, making my stomach tie in knots.

“But you’re not wearing one,” I pointed out, lifting up her left hand.

“Because I wear it on my necklace that my mom gave me before she died.” She brought out the chain from under neath her shirt.

I grinned down at her, taking the necklace in my other hand that she was not holding. My fingers lightly brushed her chest, making the knot tighter in my stomach. I also noticed goose bumps rise where I once touched. I looked up at her, locking our eyes together. Without even thinking about it, we started leaning forward.

“MOMMY! I’M DONE!” John’s voice yelled from downstairs.

Carly and I jumped apart, standing far away from each other.

“Uhh where’s the bathroom?” I rubbed the back of my neck, awkwardly.

“Right there." She pointed over to the door to the right of me.

Nodding, I walked into the bathroom, shut the door, and leaned up against the counter, looking at my reflection in the mirror.

“Alright Joe, can’t do that, one she has a boyfriend, who cheats on her, two she doesn’t like you like that. You’re a geek to everyone,” I whispered to myself, glaring at myself in the mirror.

I hated that I was a “geek” to everyone, and also how I saw Matt making out with some other chick, that was not Carly earlier today. I slammed my fists on the counter, a little flustered. After calming down, I walked out the bathroom. I need to get out of here before I lose myself again, and I need to talk to Hayley! I walked down the stairs, into the kitchen, where I found Carly doing the dishes.

“Uhh Carly, I have to get home, family problem,” I said, softly.

“Is everything alright?” Carly questioned, turning towards me.

“Yeah, just need to help Dad with something,” I lied.

“Ok, uhh see you tomorrow." She smiled at me.

“Yeah,” I nodded my head and headed to the door. Once I opened the door, I heard the phone ring and Carly’s excited voice greet Matt.

This made me more mad, making me slightly slam the door. Since it wasn’t too far from my house, I walked home. Walking home made me calm down.

“You’re home early, I dropped you off about an hour ago,” Kevin greeted, when I walked through the door.

“Is Hals here?” I questioned, pushing up my classes.

“Yeah, her and Nick are up in his room,” he cocked an eyebrow, before walking away.

I ran up the stairs, tripping a couple steps, and then walked over to Nick/ Frankie's room.
I knocked on the door, before opening the door to find Hayley laying upside down on the bed, reading a book that was right side up, and Nick at his computer.

"I thought you were with Ms. Popular," Hayley sneered, looking at me, while doing some girl hand movement.

"I was, but Matt called her, plus I needed to talk to you before you left," I explained, walking into the room, shutting the door behind me.

"Why?" Nick turned towards me, raising an eyebrow in questioning.

"You came to the right person," Hayley smiled at me, before I had a chance to answer.

Nick and I looked at her confused, as she did a back tumble off the bed, stood up, turned around, and then walked up to me. She then started circling around me, making 'hmming' noises, and stroking her chin.

"Hals, what are you doing?" Nick questioned, still confused, as was I.

"Well he wants a make over, so I'm seeing what I can do," she stated like it was obvious.

"How did you," I started to say; surprised that she knew what I wanted her help with.

"What do you guys not get about me being a magical jelly bean?" Hayley smirked, putting her hands on her hips, looking at us.

"Maybe the whole jelly bean part," Nick rolled his eyes, and then turning back to the computer.

"You're just jealous you don't taste as sweet as me," she stuck her tongue out at him.

"So Hals, can you help me?" I looked up at her hopefully.

"Might take a while and some help, but I got your back Joey. Also, what do I get with helping you?" She grinned up at me, and making Nick laugh.

"Cotton Candy ice cream," I chuckled, smiling at her.

"If that is what she will be getting, I want in too," Nick added, while I nodded my head, smiling at the two.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been a while, but I just started college today and I've been trying to get ready for todayyy... but, I see some more updates in the future :)