Status: Complete!

Mr. Geek and Ms. Popular

Trust Jenni

The rest of that day, I ignored Matt the best I could. The next day however, I found him standing there at my locker with a dozen roses in his hand. I stopped right in front of him, and stared up at him with hurt in my eyes, trying to suppress a smile.

“Move, your in my way,” I somewhat tried to growl out to him, but my voice was trying to prevent me in doing so.

“No, not until you forgive me, and know that you can trust me as much as I trust you, which is a lot. I mean, I fully trust you not t-,” Matt rambled, but I shut him up by placing a soft kiss upon his lips.

“Baby, you talk too much,” I smiled up at him.

He grinned down at me and brought me back for another kiss. We were interrupted by the bell ringing. We sighed and pulled away from each other.

“I love you and I'll see you later babe,” he kissed me once more, handing me the roses, and walked off to his classroom.

I walked off to science after getting my stuff from my locker.

“Oh Carly, those roses are beautiful,” Mrs. Ellis smiled at me.

“Thank you and do you have something I can put them in?” I asked, smiling at her.

“Yes I just so happen do have something.” She got out a water bottle with the top cut off, out of the cabinet.

“Thank you,” I smiled once more at her, before walking back to the sink to fill up the bottle.

“I see you and Matt made up,” Joe gestured to my roses, while I took my seat.

“Yeah,” I nodded my head, the smile never coming off my face.

Joe just shook his head, as we both started to take notes. The first half of school went by slowly, and lunch finally came around. When I took my seat, I noticed Matt wasn’t in his normal seat.

“Where’s Matt?” I asked Holden.

“He said he needed to go to the bathroom,” he shrugged his shoulders, before taking a huge bite out of his sandwich. I scrunched up my face in disgusted.

"You're such a pig! I hope you know that!"

"I know, but that's why people love me," he grinned, making me shake my head and laugh.

“Yeah, you keep telling yourself that,” I chuckled, before taking a bite out of my own sandwich.

A couple minutes later, Matt sat down next tome. He put his arm around my waist and kissed my forehead.

“Sorry I’m late, I had to pee really badly." I smiled up at him and nodded my head.

Soon lunch was over and we all went our separate ways. At the end of the day, I found myself walking towards Matt’s locker, like he told me to at lunch, because he had to talk to his teacher about something. Plus he was my ride home, since my Dad had to borrow my car today.

But as I was walking down the hallway, I briefly looked out the door that led out to where the picnic tables were. I noticed two people making out at a table, but I kept walking until about two feet away from the door. I stopped and walked backwards back up to the door.

I stared out at the two people making out, only to see that my eyes didn’t fool me. My face twisted into hatred and betrayed, as I stomped out the door.

“MATTHEW VARTAN PARKER!” I yelled, as the two people making out jumped apart, and caused the people around stop and stare at us.

If you haven’t guessed it by now, Matt was one out of the two people that was making out. I couldn’t really tell who he was kissing until they pulled apart, only to find out it was my ex best friend, Devonny. He stared at me shocked, while Devonny was smirking at me.

“Babe, it isn’t what it looks like, I swear she came onto me, and started kissing me when-,” Matt started to explain, when I cut him off by throwing my roses that were still in the water bottle at him, getting him and Devonny soaking wet and dirty.

“If you think I’m an idiot, well guess what sweethearts, I’m not! So tell me, how long has this been going on?” I questioned through clenched teeth, glaring at the two of them. They both stayed quiet, while I just glared at them through my tear, threatening eyes. “HOW LONG!”

“A week,” Matt answered at the same time Devonny said, “Eight months.”

I growled slight, turned around, and walked back over to the door. Before walking inside, I turned back around, glaring at Matt who was about to say something.

“If you haven’t realized it by now, we are over,” I clenched my teeth, turned on my heel, and went back through the door.

I walked quickly to the front of the school, looking towards the floor as my tears fell. I wasn’t really paying attention to where I was going, but no one was in the halls now, or so I thought. I ran right into someone, making myself fall to the ground.

“Hey! Watch where you’re-,” the person I ran into started to say, but stopped completely.

I looked up at her, no doubt that my make- up was running down my face by now.

“Oh my, are you alright?” she gushed, bending down next to me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” I sniffled, wiping away my tears.

“No you’re not, come on, I’ll take you to my house, and make you some cookies,” she smiled brightly at me.

“Cookies?” I looked up at her, arching my eye brow.

“Yep, cookies now come on,” she then pulled me up, dragging me out the front doors.

She then took me over towards a car, opening up the passenger side door and throwing me inside basically. She then skipped over to the driver’s side, got in, and started up the car, leaving the school parking lot. I turned to the girl, who was now jamming out to the radio.

“Question,” I stated, as she looked at me, then back to the road.

“Answer,” she giggled.

“Who are you?”

“Oh sorry, I’m Jennifer Mary Carlson, or as known to my friends, Jenni, what’s your name?” Jenni asked, the smile never leaving her face.

“Carly, but why were you at the school, you don’t go to our school.” Right as I said that, I flew forward from Jenni stomping on the brake, then put the car in reverse.

“I was there to pick up my boyfriend’s brothers,” she explained, smiling innocently, as we now drove backwards.

I was to worried of us running into something, to question who her boyfriend was or even who his brothers are for that matter. I sighed with relief once we finally pulled up to the school, where I saw Joe, Christine, Hayley, and Nick were the only ones standing outside. I hid my face as they all pilled into the back of the car.

“Jenni, who’s she?” I heard Nick questioned, as felt all four of them staring at me.

“This is Carly, I’m going to make her cookies." I can just picture her grinning at them.

“C-c-carly?” Joe stuttered, as I slowly towards them.

“Uhhh, hey guys,” I smiled slightly.

Hayley gasped loudly, smiling brightly at me. “BEST FRIEND!” She jumped over the console, sitting on my lap, and give me a huge hug.

“Hey best friend,” I awkwardly hugged her back.

Hayley pulled away from me still smiling, until she studied my face, making her frown.

“What’s wrong best friend? Why were you crying? Was it that boyfriend of yours? Want me to back hand him?” Hayley spoke slightly fast and slapped the back of one hands to the palm of her other hand.

I opened up my mouth to answer her questions, but she cut me off by leaning over so she could look in the back.

“Bob, I’m going to back hand your brother for hurting my best friend!"

“Go right of head Hals, he deserves it after what he said about Joe here, though, I don't see how she's your best friend, since she didn't know you excited until you met her at Joe's house," Christine sneered, glaring at me.

Bitting my lip, I turned away from the four pair of us. What she said hurt, but I know she's only saying that because I said mean things about Joe.

"Because she's not so bad after all," Hayley shrugged her shoulders. "Now, what did Mr. Popular do to you?"

Fighting back tears, I looked up at her. "He was making out with my ex best friend."

"Who's your ex best friend?" Nick questioned.

"Devonny Geiger," I sighed, shielding my face away from everyone with my hair.

"The captain of the swim team?" Hayley cocked an eye brow, while I nodded my head in response.

"Well, you know what I have to say?" Jenni giggled, making us look towards her.

"What?"

“Who needs that good for nothing idiot!” She threw her fists in the air, while still driving.

“JENNI! HANDS ON THE WHEEL!” Nick, Joe, Christine, and I screamed, while Hayley and her laughed.

I took noticed that Joe quiet the whole way to his house. So I looked back towards him, where I saw him staring out the window, with his arm around Christine’s waist. For some odd reason, I felt like crying again, but I pushed that feeling away as sadness seeing them happy together, like I just was mare hours ago.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm changing this up a little from the original to help me actually write some more :)