Status: Complete!

Mr. Geek and Ms. Popular

Nice Guy

“Thanks for almost killing us by sending your girlfriend to pick us up Kevin,” Nick snapped, once we all entered the living room of the Jonas household.

“Babe, I made a new friend today!” Jenni exclaimed, pulling me in front of her.

Kevin looked up from his college work I assume and smiled at me.

“Hey Kevin,” I waved.

“Hey Carly,” he chuckled.

“Does everyone know my new friend?” Jenni questioned, looking around at everyone. Everyone nodded their heads, while looking at her weirdly. “Wait a second, is this the Carly that Joe -,” she started to say; only to have Nick, Joe, and Hayley cover her mouth, and smile innocently at a very confused Christine and myself.

“Come on Jenni, lets go make those cookies,” Hayley quickly pulled Jenni into the kitchen.

“COOKIES!” She broke loose of Hayley's hold before running into the kitchen.

“Why are they making cookies?” Kevin looked at us, as I sat down next to him.

“For me, I guess,” I shrugged my shoulders.

“Yeah, just because she's a spoiled little brat,” Christine glared at me.

I just let my head drop. Today has just been to rough of a day for me to even defend myself. I tried my best to not let her words get to me, but it was hard not to.

"Christine," I heard Kevin gasp at her rude remark.

At least someone will stand up for me. I thought Joe would at least say something. Glancing up through my hair, I noticed Joe was unfazed by his girlfriend's comment. I guess I kind of don't deserve his defense. I'm not his girlfriend. NO! STOP THINKING ABOUT HIM LIKE THAT!

"What, it is true. Little Miss popular thinks it is the end of the world because she doesn't have her boyfriend anymore," I notice her roll her eyes.

"Joe! Are you going to let her talk to her like that?" Nick voiced, glancing at his older brother.

"Well, it is true."

Ouch. ThanksJoe Jonas.

"Come on Joe, lets go outside," Christine pulled Joe out the back door.

As soon as they left, the air in the living room was filled with intensity. I knew both brothers were staring at me, waiting for any movement.

"I'm going to go check on Hayley and Jenni, they are a little too quiet for my liking," Nick softly left the living room, leaving Kevin and I there on the couch.

“Carly, what was that all about?” Kevin asked after a while. I glanced up at him, my bottom lip quivering in despair.

"I-I-I really... don't know K-k-kevin, I really don't know...." My whole body began to shake, as I tried to fight back the tears.

"What did she mean by you not having your boyfriend any more?" He softly placed a hand on my back and began to rub it soothingly.

"Today, after school... I found him cheating on me with my ex best friend," I breathed, placing my head in my hands.

"That sucks Car, I'm so sorry," he hugged me.

He and I sat in silence, until we heard a big bang, and then some yelling from the kitchen. Kevin sighed, making me look up at him, while he shook his head. Slowly getting up, we walked into the kitchen, seeing flour all over the place and when I mean all over, it was in every place you could imagine inside a kitchen. The two girls were standing there arguing, with Hayley swinging a spatula at Jenni.

“¡YO LE MATARE!” Hayley glared at older friend, before swinging the spatula at her once again. (I’m going to kill you!)

“Again with the foreign languages,” Nick sighed, as him and Kevin shook their heads.

“¿Por qué la matará usted?” I tilted my head to the side, confused. (Why are you going to kill her?)

Everything and everyone stopped in mid-fight and turned towards me, now staring at me. I stared back at them like they were crazy.

“¡Lou! ¿Habla español?” Hayley smiled brightly at me. (Lou! You speak Spanish?)

“¿Quién es Lou?” (Who is Lou?)

“¡Es usted!” She laughed, shaking her head. (Is you!)

“Uhhh, sí, hablo español,” I nodded my head, still confused as ever. (Yes, I speak Spanish)

“Je ne peux pas croire qu'elle parle l'espagnol,” Jenni shook her head. (I can’t believe she speaks Spanish.)

“Uhhh le croit,” I chuckled, smiling at Jenni. (Believe it)

“You speak French too?” Jenni asked, shocked, while I nodded my head once again. “YAY NEW FRIEND THAT TO EVERYONE ELSE ISN’T NEW!” She then attacked me in a hug.

“What else do you speak?” Kevin asked, pulling Jenni off of me.

“Basically everything,” I shrugged my shoulders, like it was no big deal.

“Lets finish those cookies Hals,” Jenni looked at the girl standing next to her, before turning back around to the bowl.

“Yay! Cookies!” Hayley threw her fist in the air.

“I think that was the fastest fight they ever had,” Nick looked at Kevin astonished.

Soon we all went back to our different things. Nick stayed in the kitchen to keep Jenni and Hayley from fighting again, while I went back into the living room with Kevin.

“Car, are you ok?” Kevin asked, as I sat down next to him.

“I’ll survive,” I sighed, shrugging my shoulders, which I seem to be doing a lot now.

He nodded his head, and then went back to work, as I watched the TV. Soon though, Hayley came stomping out of the kitchen, pouting.

“Cakey, Nicky is being a big meanie head,” she whined like a five year old telling on their sibling.

“What’s with giving me all these new nicknames?” I questioned, smiling at her.

“Don’t know, just feel like it,” she grinned at me.

“What did Nick do Hals?” Kevin looked up at her.

“Kicked me out of the kitchen,” she huffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Why?” I cocked an eyebrow towards her.

“I was spraying him with the hose on the sink,” she smiled innocently.

“Figures,” Kevin chuckled, shaking his head.

“Cookies will be done soon,” Jenni announced, walking into the room.

We all nodded our heads, as she sat on the other side of Kevin.

“Where’d Joey and Bob go to?” Hayley asked, looking around.

“Outside,” I rolled my eyes, pointing towards the back door.

“WHAT!” She yelled, jumping up out of her seat. She then ran away and out the back door. “BOB! NO SEXY TIME WITH JOSEPH!”

Everyone laughed, besides me, who was sitting there even more confused. I was so not use to these random outbursts anymore, since I have been with Matt for so long, my randomness just like vanished. Soon a thought dawned on me, making my eyes widen.

“Freak!” I exclaimed, jumping out of my seat.

“What?” Everyone asked, jumping up as well.

“I have to go,” I quickly walked towards the door.

“BUT THE COOKIES ARE NOT DONE YET!” Jenni yelled, running up towards the door, and blocking the doorway.

“But I have to go get my s-,” I cut myself off before saying ‘my son’. “Brother from daycare, and I have to go pick him up,” I tried desperately to get pass Jenni.

I went to my left, while Jenni went to her right, blocking me once more. This continued for a while, until we both stopped.

“I’ll take you then,” Jenni concluded, smiling at me.

“NO!” Kevin ran towards us and making us look at him weirdly. “Uhh, I’ll take her babe, you stay here and watch the cookies.”

“Oh yeah, the cookies!” Jenni exclaimed, running into the kitchen.

Kevin and I walked outside, over towards his Hybrid, and made our way towards John’s daycare.

“Are you sure you alright?” He questioned me after a few minutes of silence.

“Like I said before, I’ll survive,” I sighed, shrugging my shoulders once again. Seriously, need to stop doing that!

“How long were you two going out?”

“It would have been three years tomorrow.” I tried so hard not to let a tear leak out.

“I’m sorry Car." He shook his head. “But now you have time for Joe.” I thought I swore I heard him say something along those lines.

"What?" I looked over at him.

"Nothing, I just said sorry," he smiled softly at me.

"Oh, okay," I nodded my head, before returning my gaze out of the window.

We soon pulled up to John’s daycare, seeing John standing there with Mrs. Jackson. I got out of the car, having John run into my open arms.

“I’m so sorry, Mrs. Jackson,” I apologized, holding John on my hip.

“Oh it’s alright,” Mrs. Jackson dismissed, smiling at me.

I smiled at John, while I noticed Kevin taking off his backpack and placing it into the back of the car.

“Oh is this your boyfriend?” Mrs. Jackson asked, gesturing towards Kevin, since she has never seen Matt.

I giggled a little, shaking my head.

“No, this is my friend, Kevin Jonas,” I smiled at her, after putting John into the back, while Kevin buckled him up.

“Oh, well hello Mr. Jonas, it is nice to meet you,” Mrs. Jackson extended her head for him to shake.

“Nice to meet you too, Ma’am,” he shook her hand, smiling.

“I’ll see you tomorrow Mrs. Jackson, on time,” I sighed, getting into the car, while she nodded her head.

“Goodbye Johnathan, Mr. Jonas, and Ms. James,” she waved.

“BYE!” John yelled, waving.

Kevin laughed, shaking his head, along with me.

“What did you do in daycare today, sweetie?” I asked, turning the best I could in my seat to see him.

“I made you a picture, Mommy,” he smiled towards me, making Kevin look over at me, while we stopped at a stop light.

“Mommy?” Kevin questioned, with an eyebrow raised.

“Long story short, Mom and Dad got divorced, Dad remarried, had John, got put into jail with step mom, Mom died, stayed with Grandma, and I raised him as my own basically,” I whispered, quickly.

“Wow,” he breathed.

“Mommy, look!” John exclaimed, making me look back at him.

John smiled brightly at me, as I took the paper out of his hand. On it was five people, two with dark hair, and three with blond hair.

“It is you, me, mama, and Uncle Shawn,” he explained, as I picked out all four of us.

“Sweetie, who’s this by Mommy?” I asked, hoping it wasn’t who I thought it was.

“Daddy." My eyes grew wide upon hearing him say that.

“Your Dad?” Kevin questioned.

“No, he calls Dad, David,” I breathed, deeply.

“John, who’s your Daddy?” Kevin asked, as we pulled up into my driveway.

“Nice guy,” John smiled at us.

“Nice guy?” I asked, confused.

“Matt?” Kevin questioned, looking at John.

“NO! HE’S MEANIE!” John cringed at mention of his name.

I was confused by that, because Matt was always so sweet to John while he was over.

“How is he a meanie?” I wondered.

“He would make me get him everything, and when Mommy wasn’t around, he would be mean to me,” John pouted, crossing his arms over his chest.

“Then who’s nice guy?” Kevin questioned, looking at me confused. I just shrugged my shoulders, just as confused as he was.

“I don’t know his name,” John shrugged his shoulders.

I opened my mouth to say something, only to have my pants blare ‘The Wheels on the Bus’. I stared at my pants confused, until I took my phone out of my pocket, to find Jenni’s smiling face staring back at me, also with Jenni’s name on it. I raised an eyebrow, answering it.

“Uhhh, hello?”

“CARLY!” Jenni's voice screamed from the other end.

“JENNI!”

Saying that, made Kevin look over at me, with an eyebrow also raised.

“Come back! The cookies are done! And you better hurry! Joe and Hayley are attacking them!”

Then I heard a bang and an ‘I AM NOT!’ being yelled out by an excited sounding Hayley in the background.

“Do you want to just go back to my house, because knowing Jenni and Hayley, they will drag you back over if you don’t,” Kevin suggested, while starting the car back up.

“YES WE WOULD!” Jenni giggled on the other line.

“Sure," I shrugged my shoulders for the millionth time that day.

“Mommy, where’s Uncle Shawn?” John's voice questioned from the back seat, making me groan. I forgot about Shawn dammit!

“Jenni, why don’t you guys come over here to my house, my other younger brother is grounded, and I have to find where he went off to.”

“Ok with me!” She giggled. “ROAD TRIP!” I heard her yell off the phone to everyone else.

“ROAD TRIP! WHERE WE GOING!” I heard Hayley yell back before the line went dead.

“So we are staying here?” Kevin asked, turning off the car again.

“Yeah, I have to find my other brother,” I sighed, getting out of the car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Off to school! :)... I really hope you guys like the changes!