Over the Road and Through the Alleys; To a My Chemical Romance Concert We Go!

In the middle of a gun fight....

Have you ever wanted to scream, just couldn’t because you were too scared. You can scream perfectly fine, you’re not mute, you’re just scared beyond imagination. Just that terrible fear is blocking your voice. That’s how I feel right now. When you try and scream, the only thing that comes out is a faint rasp.

The burly man just smirked at my fear as he came forward. Fear was probably his intention. Make his victim scared so she wouldn’t scream for help. So he could have his way with her without interruption. Whatever “his way” meant.

“Don’t be scared my pet.” I flinched at his voice and he chuckled. He stepped forward again and I took an involuntary step backwards.

“I won’t hurt you.” His smile sent shivers of fear down my spine and I took another involuntary step backwards. And another. And another, until I bumped into someone. I jumped and scrambled forward.

Right into his arms.

“There, there.” He said, holding a gun to my head. I froze and he chuckled again. “Now my pet, turn around and face my nice friend Tom here.” It was maddening how he talked to me. Like I was a four-year-old that didn’t understand anything. That had been ten years ago and I was much wiser than before.

I turned slowly, like he told me to do. I didn’t want to get killed tonight. When I turned to face Tom, the man brought a knife up to my throat and put his gun into his pocket so he could hold me arm.

“P-Please.” I managed to gasp, but the rest was lost on my tongue as I felt
the knife come in contact with my skin.

“What was that, Pet?” I could smell his putrid breath. It smelled like alcohol and cigarettes. I shivered again, but didn’t answer.

“That’s what I thought my pet.” I heard the smile in his voice. “Now if you would follow me?” Somehow all the Tae Kwon Doe I had learned came rushing back. I kicked him right in the balls.

I knew I hit the mark when I heard him scream agonizingly into my ear. As he screamed he let go of the knife and it cut into my throat a little.

Gasping at the slight pain, I took off running. I could hear bullets firing after me and I ran faster. I ran faster than I thought I could. I was almost near the end of the alley… almost near a safe haven when a bullet imbedded itself into my leg.

I fell to the ground in agony. My whole leg was on fire, but my life was on the line. I got up and was running again despite the pain. Hot tears ran down my cheeks as I changed course. There was a door on the left wall… If only I could get to it in time..

I gripped the Iron railing to the stairs and hauled myself up those six stairs. Six agonizing steps to safety! Waves of agony wracked my body every time I had to use my bad leg. When I reached the top of the stairs I felt like I had run up 600 stairs rather than six.

When I reached the door I tried the handle before pounding on the door. I was using all my strength to pound and scream though that door for help. I was hoping beyond hope that someone would come for me. In the last possible moment the door opened and I fell through. Sobbing onto the man who opened the door.

“Please…help…” I begged before blacking out entirely.