Status: Still Writing

Irresistable

Chapter Four

Mylah was moving.

Someone was carrying her. Mylah could hear a gentle thumping of a heartbeat as her cheek pressed again that 'someone's' warm, soothing chest. Her eyes fluttered open.

"You're awake?" said Rylan, and held her tighter.

Mylah squirmed and try to push him off.

"Put me down." she demanded. Her voice sounded weak and unconvincing.

"I don't think so." replied Rylan firmly. "I need to get you to the infirmary. You fainted in class." Mylah groaned. "I don't need your help." she insisted.

He chuckled.

"For the last time," Mylah said firmly. "Let. Me. Down."

He ignored her. But instead of turning at the next hallway, Rylan pushed through the door beside the Chemistry lab and carried Mylah outside.

"What are we doing?" Mylah asked, bewildered and totally pissed off.

"I figured that you needed a little fresh air, soo..." he smiled.

Mylah sighed and breathed in. She could smell the fresh grass swishing about in the wind. She could also smell the scent evolving arounf her and Rylan. She shook her head. No, You can't fall for him. No matter how much you want to.she thought to herself. He's faking it. He doesn't care. None of the fae do.

"Is something wrong?" Rylan titled his head.

She shook her head. How much she wanted to be with him. How much she wanted him to hold her, forever. Just the two of them. She believed him to be different, she wanted him to be different. He's faking it. She remind herself. But the truth was, she didn't want to hate him. If only he was not one of them.

**********

She felt better by the end of 2nd block and the rest of the afternoon went on as usual. When the bell rang, signally school was over, Mylah proceeded out the door. As she walking across the parking lot, someone called her name. She looked back and saw Rylan, leaning against a nearby oak tree.

"Are you feeling better?" He asked.

"What? Oh, uh, yes." stuttered Mylah.

"Let's go for a small walk, I think you'll like that." And he smiled. A gentle, concerned smile that made her stomach flutter. She hesitated. She wanted to go. She wanted to go <em>a lot</em>. But she also didn't want to take any chances. What if this was a trick? She thought. She pushed the thought away and decided to give him a chance.

"Sure." she finally said. His smile got wider, and he slowly walked up to her and gently grasped her hand in his. And with that, he lead her behind the school and onto a trail Myah recognised as the trail to the Central Park. They walked around for a bit. Then, Rylan paused.

"Lets sit down and talk." he sugested casually.

Mylah shrugged and follwed him to the trunk of a giant oak tree. Its roots were slightly upturned and curled in a strange position that made it a perfect spot to two people to huddle. They sat down. Rylan then shifted slowly to put his arms around Mylah's waist.

She stiffened. She wasn't sure what to do. One part of her wanted to jump up and scream 'Get off of me!'. But a strong feeling of longing for his embraced stopped that part of her thoughts. Instead, she relaxed and let her body rest again his. She pressed her cheek against his shoulder. Mylah had never felt this comfortable with anyone before. Let alone a faery.

Rylan shuffled. "I'm glad you fainted today in Bio." he told Mylah.

"You wanted me to almost fall and crack my head?" Mylah accused. She was starting to feel a little annoyed.

"I caught you didn't I? Plus, we wouldn't be here if I hadn't.

Mylah stood up.

"Maybe we shouldn't." She started to walk away when Rylan grabbed her arm and held her back.

"Woah, what's the hurry?" he asked, standing up and and chuckling.

I was wrong.Mylah thought. I never should have trusted him.

"I'm going home." She tried to free herself from his grasp but Rylan held on tight. Mylah shoved him off and he fell back. Then, to her utter astonishment, he grasped her face in his hands and pressed his lips down on hers.