Status: on hold

Trust

Memories

“Penny for your thoughts” someone said from behind me I looked back at Jacob who straddled the log I was sitting on. I laughed lightly shifting Asher up a little “so what did you think of the legend”
I nodded “interesting”
“Interesting,” Jacob repeated “just interesting”
“Yeah what else do you expect me to say” I asked curiously he smiled
“I don’t know how about; I loved it the action, the drama, the love” he said all animated “anything but interesting” I laughed
“It was all of that it was” I smiled “I’m just thinking”
“What about”
“About the vampires and shape shifters” I glanced at him he had a surprised look on his face “I might be young Jake but I’m not stupid”
He laughed hardily “you are not”
“What’s so funny” another voice joined us we turned to see Embry behind us
“Jake here thought I was dumb” I grinned
Jacob gasped dramatically “liar” he looked up at Embry “she figured out the cold ones are vampires”
Embry held the same surprised expression Jacob had looking down at me I smiled
“You guys don’t really expect anyone to believe that you guys are descendants of wolves do you”
They looked at each other; then back at me “do you”
Jacob was about to say something “no” Embry spoke first “no we don’t”
“It’s a good story to tell kids though” I looked down and smiled “put Asher right to sleep”
“I should get home” I stood to my feet “this was fun though” I looked over to my mom she looked to be having fun with her friends so I decided to leave her be. As I walked to the road I saw a flash of white in the woods I faced. Being the curious person I am I stepped closer to see what it was.
“hey” someone said grabbing my shoulder I faced him startled taking a deep breathe I hit him in the chest
“don’t do that”
“ow” he chuckled “sorry” I looked back at the woods and the white flash was gone “you okay” Embry asked I nodded
“yeah was there something you wanted”
“mind if I walk you home” he asked stuffing his hands in his pockets he was so cute his big brown eyes shined in the moonlight I could just get lost in them forever “Arianna” I snapped out of my daydream shaking my head
“sorry, no I don’t” he gave a big smile as we headed up the road we talked along the way about everything nothing serious though. It shocked me how comfortable I was around this guy I just met. I could tell he was genuine unlike the people I have met in the past some I still keep in touch with but don’t trust. We finally made it to my house
“Thanks for walking me home” I fiddled with opening my door but ended up dropping my keys just as I was about to pick them up Embry beat me to them. Opening the door like a gentleman I smiled and thanked him going inside inviting him in as I went upstairs to put Asher down. When I came down I found Embry looking at some old pictures of me.
“Did you dance?” he asked looking at a picture with me in a purple jumpsuit striking a pose I laughed
“yes I did” he looked down at me “I think I was six then I was going through a girlie phase”
“and this one” he picked up another where I was wearing a football uniform I laughed my ass off
“I told her to throw this out” I took the picture from the shelf “this is from my tomboy phase when I was six I made four touchdowns and knocked out two eight year olds all in the same game they called me Manna Anna” I flexed deepening my voice he laughed
“Manna Anna” he repeated quirking an eyebrow
“They were eight” he nodded in agreement “wow all of these pictures” **and not one of …** my inner voice mocked I shook my head placing the picture back on the shelf.
“Who’s this” Embry asked picking up a picture that had my mom me and my dad sitting on a bench inside of a New York park. My mom was laughing as my dad kissed my cheek while I tried to push him away.
“Oh wow” I said in a raspy voice trying to hold back tears “this was when my dad took me and my mom to see Wicked on Broadway. He also surprised me with a shopping spree to toys r us and Dalia’s the world’s best ice cream shop” I laughed at the memory “he insisted that we make our own creation and we did it was a mix of raspberry chocolate marshmallows and cookies it was horrible yet delicious we called it….” I laughed trying to hold back tears but no use they had already streaked down my face falling onto my football picture “oops a daisy” I sniffled placing all of the pictures back on the shelf “um thanks for walking me home Embry it was nice” I rushed him out of the house closing the door as I locked it it’s like there was a heavy weight on my back as I slid down to the floor sobbing uncontrollably.

=Embry’s POV=
Before I realized it the door was slammed in my face. “Arianna” I asked worriedly I could hear her sobbing behind the closed door. I did something wrong I brought up something she didn’t want to remember and now she’s in tears. Pressing my hands to the door “I made my imprint cry” I scolded myself harshly.
“She didn’t want you to see her pain” a female voice spoke silently
“But I do I feel it and I can’t do anything to stop it” clutching my chest
“Embry she was in pain long before she met you” she said softly walking up the steps
“what has she been through”
“too much for her short life” I headed for the steps “Embry the love and adoration you feel for my daughter won’t be reciprocated so easily; she’s been through a lot and she has a lot of baggage” I walked down from her
“Sorry” I said walking away from the house
“Thank you Embry” she interrupted her voice broken she didn’t say in a tone like ‘thanks a lot now I have to deal with this’ just a simple ‘thank you’ she went inside leaving me to myself. I sighed heavily and walked towards my house only to be pounced on from behind we fell to the ground wrestling a little. I wasn’t in the mood tonight growling I threw the person off of me. Standing up I saw it was Seth he was cracking up once he saw my face he became quiet. Jacob came into view seeing my expression he asked what was wrong. Being the person that I am shook my head saying nothing. Jacob being the friend that he is knew I was lying so dropped it seeing as Seth was there. I went home took a shower and hopped into bed letting sleep overtake me.