Status: Active

Pray To The Killer Stars

An Apple Juice Carton

I walked past Haley with a shiver going down my spine. Something had seemed off about her ever since the day I had met my best friends sister. I faked a smile and kept walking into Blake's room. He was reading a book with the title Titanic. I smiled once more as I went up to him.

"How are you today?" I asked sitting on the bed next to him. I took a sip of an apple juice I had bought. He looked at it obviously thirsty. I rolled my eyes and handed him the juice.

"I'm Fwine I'm now a kwid." He said as he drank the treat not stopping for a breath. I grabbed the drink from him. He whined. I raised my eyebrows at how childish he was acting.

"You act like a kid. Now tell me what happened Blake. I only get to stay two months and that is not a lot of time to waste." I placed the apple juice on the hospital table next to me. Blake looked at his hands and back into my eyes. His orbs were covered with a fog of tears of fear and regret.

"Don't worry you don't need to tell me now." I brushed his hair out of his face seeing as he couldn't use his arm. Blake's eyes clouded with something else I couldn't quite get so I pulled my hand away. As soon as I did the look left his gentle orbs and the moment was over.

I didn't know what the feeling was, but it felt nice. It sent tingles through my spine, like all his attention was on me. That is very vain of me, but I want him to do it again.

I noticed no one was talking after I snapped out of my own little world. Stop thinking about that look and say something to your best friend! I thought.

"Hayley looks good today and a lot happier than she has been for a while. What has happened? By the way where are your friends?" I had asked. I saw him tense up. He looked down at his hands again.

"I don't have any friends. Hayley is it and I don't know what is up with her these days." He grumbled as he poked his stomach. I knew that meant that he was sad and trying to find his tickle spot.

I reached out and poked him in just the right spot. An inch up from his belly button. He started to burst out laughing. At that time it was the brightest and best thing I had heard in a very long time. It felt like a cool drink of water on a hot summer day sliding down your throat. I loved it. I tickled him more.

Blake laughed harder and harder. Joking and telling me to stop. I laughed as well and looked straight into his eyes. Onto his cheeks rosy with laughter. Onto his lips so plump and perfect.

I had done it once when we were very little and once more couldn't hurt. Apparently Blake had thought the same thing, because the laughter stopped and he looked into my eyes. Which had a dead on stare to his lips.

Blake leaned up the little bit he could on the bed. I couldn't stand it any longer. The plump red madness was calling to me and I raced in to his lips.

The collision was so sweet. His lips were so warm against mine and moist from the juice. I slid my tongue across his lower lip. It tasted like a crisp summer day where everything was blooming.

Blake opened his mouth a bit to let me in. I slid my tongue into his mouth that exploded with taste and feeling. I felt like this was the first time I was alive. I was drifting into a reality where every bad thing didn't exist. The same reality I got with Blake's look.

Blake pulled away. He blushed perfuslly and turned his head away. I sat up straight finally taking hold of what I had just done. I had just french kissed my best friend in the hospital. I am supposed to be straight. I am straight. Am I? Am I gay? Maybe I am bisexual? The thoughts spun around in my head so fast.

"I'm sorry!" I said and grabbed my juice and ran out the room. Blake still did not look at me. I ran all the way down the hall to the bathroom. I washed my face and then looked up into the mirror. I touched my lips. They still were wet from Blake's amazing kiss.

Now only one question dawned on me. How the hell am I in love with my best friend?
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooh Saucy haha comment!