Through A Friend

Moving Tides

"Anna banana, wake up!" My mom yelled up the staircase. "Five more minutes!" I just wanted to sleep for weeks after last night, too much for one day. "Breakfast is ready! Get up!" She shouted back. I picked up a pillow and put it over my face, holding it there. I was not getting up. I was almost back to sleep when I felt something sit on my bed and lay back on me. I pulled the pillow off my face and looked to see who it was. Of course, Josh. "What?" I said giving him the death stare. I looked in the doorway and Jake was standing there against the side. He had morning hair, it was so cute.

I pushed Josh off me and got up, scratching my head and walking towards the door. "I'm showering first!" I yelled to my mom. "Your food will get cold. Get down here!" I stomped to the steps and walked down them. Pulling my chair out and sitting down, I started to eat, pretty much falling asleep sitting up. "So, how was your sleep Anna?" My mom asked. "Huh? What? Oh.. Fine." I looked at the clock and it was 7 A.M. "Mom?! It's summer! I like to sleep in!" My mom just stared at me, "we're going somewhere. Finish eatting and then go shower. Boys, you can use the downstairs bathroom." I sighed and slouched a little in my seat.

After finishing eatting, I walked upstairs and grabbed a towel, some shorts and a tanktop. After closing my door, I heard my mom yell, "Anna! Make sure you put extra clothes and a bathing suit in your backpack to bring with!" I turned back into my room, "alright, mom." I started to walk back out, "and a towel!" I slammed the bathroom door and took my shower, it felt so refreshing and it calmed my anger down. After putting on my pink, zebra print bikini, shorts and my tanktop, I grabbed my bag and laid on the couch, waiting for everyone else to get their stuff.

"Everybody got everything?" My mom asked. Everyone nodded and we headed for the van, I always sat in the back of my mom's van because I can sleep without my mom and sisters talking right in my ear. I threw my bag in the trunk and got in the very back. Of course, Josh and Jake sat next to me. Josh was directly next to me and Jake was on the other side. After everyone was in, my mom took off. "Mom, where are we going swimming at?" I asked. "The beach, your uncles letting us borrow the cabin until tomorrow night." She responded, calmly. "Mom! I have no other clothes?!" I freaked out a little. "Honey, I packed them while you were asleep last night. I grabbed some of your other things too. I'm sure you won't need all that much. It's only a day. The boys went home and grabbed some clothes and stuff this morning." I slouched in the backseat. My mom was torturing me today.

I leaned on Josh's shoulder and started to doze off. He was use to it, so he didn't mind. It took us a couple of hours to get to the beach, I slept most of the way. It was about 10 when we got there. We stopped at the cabin and took our stuff in, afterwards, we headed for the beach. I was less cranky now because I got some sleep on the car ride there. I laid my towel on the blanket and took off my tanktop and shorts, dropping them in my mesh bag. I laid down to get some sun and asked if someone could put sun tan lotion on my back. Unfortunately, everyone else was already by the water, besides Jake. "Hey... Jake can you... put some sun screen on my back, please?" I asked nicely, he responded nicely and did so. I laid down, facing the water and watched everyone splash around. The beach wasn't too crowded, but there was plenty of people there.

Jake sat next to me and asked why I was being so cranky, I explained I was tired and I hate getting woken up early in the morning. The sun started to get too hot so I got up and asked if he was coming, he got up too and we walked towards the water. With the icey cold water touching the tip of my toes, I smiled. "Cold?" Jake asked. I walked a little farther in and felt the water come up to my shin, and the waves came up to hit my knees. "Are you going to touch the water?" I asked him as he stayed right above the tide. "Maybe later... It looks cold." I grabbed his arm and pulled him in just to where his feet touch the water. "It's not that cold, see?" I asked. "I guess it's alright..." I splashed water at him and he gave me a surprised expression. After giving me the "I'm gonna get you" look, I started to run across the sand. He chased me and picked me up, spinning me. "That is cold!" He yelled after putting me down. "Is not!" I said walking in until it touched my waist. "You're insane, Anna." He said with an unsure smile.

Josh stayed away from us most of the day, he was too busy flirting with my sisters friend. Which, I was use to. He did it alot, unless it meant I had to be left alone, he never wanted me to feel like I wasn't important, but today was okay. I finally got Jake to come in all the way, and get his hair wet, his whole body wet. We laid on the blanket for awhile to drive off some. It was starting to hit dusk. We packed our bags, the boys threw shirts on, and the girls threw shorts and tanktops on.

We headed for the peer. "Here," my mom walked to the wristband booth, and got us all wristbands for the rides. It was expensive. I don't know how she afforded it. But I wasn't complaining. She turned to us and gave us 15 dollars each to spend on food. We all had our own money we had saved, we used that for non-necessities, but she paid for the food. Josh, Jake and I went off on our own. Josh, well, he was obsessed with good looking girls. So he asked if he could go talk to my sister and her friends when we seen them sitting near one of the food stands. "Sure, we'll be on the rides..." I looked at Jake to see if he was okay with that, he nodded. Josh went off.

We seen a huge roller coaster, and the instant I seen it, I wanted to ride it. I looked at him, "Can... we go on that?" I asked and pointed. He looked at me, "you know it's a roller coaster/haunted house together, right?" I looked back at it, "umm... yeah." I lied, I had no idea but I didn't wanna chicken out. "Let's save that for later," he said as he started to walk by another ride. "This one seems good for now."

We rode about 9 rides, with the day slowly turning to night, before we came to the ferris wheel, a huge ferris wheel. "Let's go?" He asked and I looked up at it, I wasn't afraid of heights but that was pretty high. We walked in line and waited about five minutes. Finally it was our turn to board, we got in and it started to slowly move to the top, boarding other passengers. With our luck, we got stuck on the very top because they had to clean out the seat that was on the bottom... Somebody got sick. On a ferris wheel though? Maybe the height.

"It's a bit creepy up here... Especially in the dark." I said, peering over the edge. He grabbed my arm and pulled me close to him, still keeping ourselves on seperate sides because I didn't like the fact it could tip. He hugged me and told me it was okay and it was almost cleaned. "Look over there," he said pointing, "the whole ocean." I looked at smiled then he pointed the other way, "and over there... the whole city." I turned my head and watched to where he was pointing. I smiled again and the ferris wheel started to slowly get to the bottom, letting cart by cart unfill.
♠ ♠ ♠
short, but it should do for now, sorry it took so long x.x