Status: On Hold, I'll pick it up again later :P

Square One

Preface

Its amazing how much can change in a week and a half. A week and a half ago, Elle and Chris were my best friends, we were more or less inseparable. The three musketeers (‘cept we didn’t call ourselves that, ‘cause that’s just plain cheesy) A week and half ago, we were on holiday. A week and a half ago Elle hadn’t met Molly.

Molly and Elle were the problem. No. Molly was the problem. Elle and I met here during lunch period on our first day of school.

* ___ FLASHBACK ___ *
I stood staring buzzing lunch room in bewilderment.

‘Where do we sit?’ I asked Elle, Elenore Shirley, My best friend.

Elle's face looked as scared as I felt.
‘I don’t know?’ said Elle, confused.

I looked round again, looking for Chris, when I saw an girl making a bee-line for us. She looked like the kind of girl who really liked getting homework, who always volunteered for everything.

‘Hey!! Are you guys new?’
She was practical bouncing on the spot.
‘My sisters just started here too. You are going to like her.’

The Over-Helpful girl skipped towards a table with only two girls around our age, and since i couldn’t think of anything else to do, and it didn’t look like Elle had any ideas either, I began to follow and Elle came after me.

‘Sit. This is Molly and her best friend, Lucy.’
________________

And, some how, since then everything had changed.
I don’t even know what everything is. We had always had friends, and almost never the same friends, but for some reason, this friendship looked bad. For me that is.
Elle was really happy. She was all ‘ooh Molly this... Molly that...’