Status: On Hold, I'll pick it up again later :P

Square One

Chapter Five

I flopped into my bed, soaking wet.

Phew. Having fun was truly tiring!

I lay on my face, smiling.

We went swimming, which was my thing, I trained three times a week, sometimes more. Then we played tennis, which was Elle’s thing. She’s amazing. Like superbly good. Chris’ thing was basketball, but he rarely played with us, you need more people than we ever had and he always said it was a guy thing anyway.

Then we had one of our picnics. Picnics were something we did very well, as when we were younger we had always wanted to do them, but our parents always said they were far to much work, so naturally as soon a we were old enough, we worked hard to have monster picnics. Coke and Chocolate-fudge-brownie Ben and Jerry’s Coke Floats, Baguettes with chocolate inside, dried mango (which we all liked) and dried apricots (which only I liked) guacamole (not the gross store-bought stuff – the real homemade kind,) Kool-aid and fruit salad. Fit for a king.

I was amazed to find that:

a) My tennis had suddenly got so much worse, I was never great, but if you were friends with Elle, you got quite a bit of practice. It had been less than a month since I had last played and already my reaction time had gone way up.

b) Elle had eaten everything, without complaining about carbs, which was something she had most annoyingly taken to doing.

c) On top of that, Elle had been in a really good mood, which left me feeling a bit more than slightly stupid. I must have been completely over-imagining things before.

I cycled home at the dusk, my favourite time of day, the time when the world decides it’s had enough, and it slowly stows the day’s mistakes, to be picked up later. It almost always quite then, even just for half an hour, before everyone goes out, or goes to bed.

Just as I pulled in to my street, it started to rain lightly. Not the gross rain that just drips everywhere, but real, nice rain. The kind that only ever falls in August and September. Its just cooling down the world and it makes the paving sizzle.

__________________
‘KITTY!!’ I heard my mother call me from downstairs, waking me up from my day-dream, in which i had been reliving the day. ‘come, i know you have eaten, but we need to do presents’

Presents.

I had forgotten completely. Funny, as they used to be one of my favourite bits of my birthday!
‘’Kay, im just gunna dry off first. I'll be down soon’
♠ ♠ ♠
i havent posted for ages and the reason is cause.... idk. but anyways. this is short, weird and idk if i like it but anyway...