‹ Prequel: Angel Warrior
Status: Active!

Sacrifice

.6.

Image

“Get behind me!” Mordecai whispered fiercely as he tried to shove me back.

“No, you don’t understand-“

I felt him turn so that he was in front of me, “Shut up and stay back. Damn it Kyna, where are you?”

More growl-like rumbles sounded from our left, coming closer and closer to us.

“Just let me go-“

“I told you to shut up!”

Starting to get pissed off I slammed my free hand into his back shoving him forward. The unexpected attack mad him stumble which forced him to release my arm.

The moment he wasn’t touching me the growls stopped and the temple went silent.

I tried to see around me, but was still too dark.

A little over to my right I could hear Mordecai mumbling. Something about stupid girls and their stupid ideas…?

Just as I was about to call out the lights flicked on, leaving me blind for a few seconds.

When my sight finally focused I gasped. Mordecai was backed up against a wall, the Lord’s lion form staring right at him. The two stared each other down, Mordecai not showing his fear.

Now, if this was a real lion I’d say he was right to hide his fear.

But this isn’t, and you don’t hide anything from the Lord.

Farther into the temple and to my left I saw Kyna starring wide eyed at her brother as the angel Gabriel held onto her wrist. She seemed anxious and worried, but then again she is watching a magnificently large lion stalk her brother.

The lion growled, Why have you come here?

Mordecai masked on a blank face, “I have come to return the Princess and hopefully seek refuge for my sister.”

Kyna gasped as the lion looked at her, Do you really think I would allow you and your sister into my haven after you kidnapped a child of God?

“Kyna had nothing to do with the kidnapping. She’s an innocent, forced into a world of sin.”

The lion considered Kyna again, giving a nod as he turned back to Mordecai, Very well, but you cannot stay.

Mordecai nodded and moved to leave, but stopped when his sister gasped.

“No! Please, reconsider. My brother has only done what was forced on him to do to keep me safe.”

The lion sighed, I cannot change what has been done, he knew what would happen if he set foot here. I’m doing him a favor by not killing him.

Tears fell down Kyna’s face, “Please, he’s all I have left.”

I watched as Gabriel pulled her closer to his side, a little shocked to actually see emotion in his eyes.

I frowned, turning to Mordecai, “What did that demon want with me?”

The man shrugged, “Something about a sacrifice and how ironic it would be to use the daughter of the angel who defeated someone-”

Mordecai was silenced by the Lord’s roar, Which demon contacted you?

“One named Braeden.”

More roars echoed, Where is this demon?

My frown deepened, “Why is he so important?”

The lion turned to me, The only reason a demon would need you, the daughter of an angel, as a sacrifice for a specific person is if this demon is wanting to resurrect Lucifer.

I gasped, “But I thought mom killed him?”

She killed his body, not his soul.

Mordecai spoke next, “The only way to defeat a demon’s soul that is that strong is to attack when he’s at his weakest.”

Kyna, who had remained silent through all this, asked, “How do we do that?”

The Lord sighed, It is very dangerous. The sacrifice must be completed until Lucifer’s soul comes up out of his ashes. Then a powerful strike must be made, one that will absorb the devil’s evil.

I was about to say something when the temple’s door slammed open, a fierce cry echoing through the building.

Turning in shock I watch as my mother barrels into the room, Fallah, Dray, and my father following after her.

“Wait, mom!”

She ignores me. Instead flying over to Mordecai, her sword swinging to connect with his chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I'm so sorry that I didn't update yesterday, but I had to take my 13 year old cat into the vets. He's fat so I think he has diabetes, but I also think the diabetes is causing neurological problem because he's haveing trouble walking with his back legs. The vet agrees with me, by without lab tests nothing's conclusive yet...

And I don't have an extra $300 lying around so I just got a perscribed food for his diet.

I'm calling this diet "Operation Phat Cat".

Anyways then I had to go to work, so I'm updating today.

Maybe there'll be another update later?

I really don't know.

What do you guys say?