Sequel: Where Are We Going?

Cocky Brat

Making Amends

"Dad's right, you know," Jakob says from the doorway of his older brother's room.
"Leave me alone," Joey groans as he rolls over in his bed so that he's not facing his brother.
"Alone, huh? How has that been treating you?" he challenges, "They'll change the saying from 'cold as a witch's teet' to 'cold as a Joseph's cock', you know."
"Shut the fuck up!" he says as the rain outside his window hits harder.
"Fine, but know this, you're not going to be as happy as you were with Vanessa and you know that," Jakob states before turning around and heading out of the room.

Joseph purposely rolls off his bed, onto the floor, so he's sprawled out in front of the window. The shitty weather wasn't helping his mood one bit.

"Joey?!" his mother exclaims, she was just passing by the room when she saw her son sprawled out on the floor.
"Yeah."
"Are you alright?"
"Physically, yes."
"Do you want to talk?" she asks cautiously.
"Not really," he says simply, "I'd rather contemplate my life with the carpet as my friend."
"Oh god," Adie says rolling her eyes, "she still hasn't called you."
"She did."
"Oh, what happened?"
"I told her off."

Adie stomps over to where her son is laying and slaps him across the face.
"What?"
"Why did she deserve telling off?!"
"She didn't."
She slaps his cheek once more.
"Stop slapping me!"
"Stop fucking things up," she says simply as she heads out of the room.

Joey rolls onto his side and slowly stands himself up. He walks slowly over to his drawer and gets dressed in simple jeans and a black t-shirt. Not bothering to look in any mirror, he makes his way down the stairs and out to his car.

He drives through the heavy hitting rain to the location Jakob had told him about. He drives around the block a couple of times to realize the only parking spot is about two blocks away.

Joey parks the car and makes a run for the building. He looks at the buzzer buttons 'til he finds Cueburt. He presses it, and tries to shield himself from the rain with his jacket.
"Hello?"
"Vanessa!" he exclaims desperately, "It's me, Joey."
"Just go home."
"Please!"

He backs away from the building, her apartment is on the third floor. He takes out his cell phone and dials her number. As he expected, the answering machine comes on.
"Vanessa, I know you can hear me so I just want to say, I'm sorry." He pauses. "I'm sorry for bugging you to go out with me, I'm sorry we got caught, I'm sorry you lost your job, I'm sorry I was such a jerk to you, and most of all, I'm sorry you hate me." He sighs. "Because I love you."

Joey runs his hand through his sopping wet hair. "I'm just sorry, I don't know what else to say, but I guess words aren't enough for a fucker like me." Just as he says those words, a figure appears at the doorway of the building.

"Vanessa," he says weakly as his legs feel like jelly. She runs up to him as the rain falls. He shuts his phone and puts it in his pocket as she comes to wrap her arms around him.
"I don't hate you," she says softly. He holds her close. "I love you."
"Oh Vanessa, I love you too," he says as they both fall to their knees, rain pouring down on them as they stay embraced on the sidewalk.

-End-