Sequel: Where Are We Going?

Cocky Brat

The Armstrongs

"We're going to interview the lighting tech now people, so let's set up here!" Kathleen says loud and clear, "Ness, get the lighting crew and make sure they're ready." Vanessa nods as she makes her way through the back stage maze where what seems like hundreds of people are setting up. She finds the list of names of the lighting crew.

"We're shooting the lighting crew interviews in tent five," she announces in one of the lounges.
"Guess that's us guys." One of the older men says getting up. She leads them to the correct tent and waits at the entrance for her next task.

"Are you one of the assistants?" someone asks from behind her, she whips around to see Billie Joe Armstrong.
"Uh yeah well sort of."
"Can you find us some coffee please, even if it's the crappy instant stuff," he pleads.
"Sure, how many?"
"Four." She nods, "Thanks." She hurries off to one of the canteen, it was only for the crew but she figures they wouldn't mind. She fills four Styrofoam cups with the brown, hot liquid, put lids on all of them. She puts the four cups on a cardboard tray and grabs several sugar and cream packets.

She hurries back to the tent where Billie Joe had called on her and sees him standing inside with a woman who must be his wife. "Uh Mr. Armstrong," she says shyly.
"Coffee!" the bass player practically screeches, causing Tre, the drummer to burst out laughing. Mike Dirnt gets off the couch where he was sitting and takes one of the coffee cups.
"Thanks kid," Billie Joe says laughing at his band mates, "You can call us by our first names you know."
"Oh okay," she says as she hands him the card board tray.

As she heads out of the tent to get back to the interview tent and bumps into someone in the process.
"Argh!" she turns around to see a guy about her age standing here grabbing his elbow.
"Sorry," she says embarrassed.
"It's okay," he says smoothly, "You look a bit young for a crew member."
"Well I'm an assistant for the Twenty-five Years of Green Day film crew."
"Cool," he says nodding, "What's your name?"
"Vanessa, or Ness," she says glancing at her clipboard, "What's yours?"
"Joseph," he states. "Well after the show tonight, would you like to go out for a drink."
"Going out with other crew members is against company policy." She says studying her schedule.
"Oh but-"
"Joey! Let the girl do her job in peace!" Billie Joe yells from the tent.
"Well Joseph Armstrong." She mocks looking him straight in the eye, as she realizes who this guy really is, "Your dad's right, I have work to do and you're getting in the way."
"Fuck," he says under his breath as she walks away.