Sequel: Where Are We Going?

Cocky Brat

Obsession, Rejection

After another day of taking orders all day, Vanessa is glad to hear her mother yell.
"That's it for today, go get wasted fools!" she puts her clipboard in her messenger bag and decides to walk around the abandoned venue before going back to the motel.

"Nice to see you again." A sly voice says from behind her. She glances around and sees Joseph Armstrong standing by one of the gates.
"Oh it's just you," she says relived.
"Just me, huh? Who were you expecting?" He laughs as he walks up to her. "So Ness."
"I think you should call me Vanessa, okay?" Vanessa says sternly as she continues to walk aimlessly around the venue.
"Isn't that a bit harsh?"
"What?"
"Well you said I could call you Ness and then you just take it away."
"Well that was before I realized you weren't a crew member." She says running a hand through her hair.
"That's profession profiling."
"I really don't care."
"So Vanessa, can I take you out for a drink?" he asks eagerly, "I know you want to."
"Ha-ha no."
"Why's that?"
"I don't go out with younger guys."
"Bull shit." He snorts. Vanessa comes to a stop and lets out a sigh. She reaches into her bag and pulls out her clipboard.

"Joseph Marciano Armstrong, son of Billie Joe Armstrong and Adrienne Nesser. Date of Birth: March 15, 1995." She reads from one of the profile papers, "I was born in 93."
"What's two years," he insists.
"Okay, maybe I don't want to go out with you." she says as she starts to walk to where the trucks are parked.
"Why's that? I happen to know I'm pretty good looking and-"
"And that's it right there." She interrupts, "You're a cocky jerk."
"What?!"

"Yeah, just because your father is some rock star you think you can get any girl you want. Do what ever you want and all that shit. You're just a bored rich kid." She says as she storms off the get a lift to the motel.

Joey just stands there in shock of what just happened, he knew in a way she was right. Especially since he was rejected, he was hardly ever rejected. He stormed off angrily toward the tour bus.

"Someone got rejected," Ramona, Tre Cool's daughter chants.
"Shut the fuck up."
"Oh so it hurts." She laughs. "The truth always does."
"You were listening!"
"Yes." She smirks.
"Ramona, just piss off, you're fucking annoying." She shrugs and heads into the tour bus. Joey stays outside the bus to smoke a cigarette then heads in.

"I thought I told you to leave that girl alone!" His father says angrily when Joey enters the tour bus.
"Billie, people are sleeping," Adrienne hisses. Joey glares at Ramona who's sitting at the table reading a book innocently.
"You just don't get it do you?" Billie hisses at his oldest son. "She's here to work, not to be annoyed by your ass."
"She was off work." Joey mumbles.
"No, you leave her alone. She could get in a shitload of trouble because of you."
"I wasn't interfering with her work." He protests, "And how the hell do you know?"
"I over-heard Ramona and Stella talking."
"Why can't you just mind your business?" Joey asks rolling his eyes as he goes to sit down.
"Because I didn't have to bring you and your brother along on this tour. When you're here you're my responsibility."
"I'm not a kid."
"No! Everyone I bring along is my responsibility, even your mom!"
"Fine." He grumbles as he heads to the back of the bus to talk to his brother.

"You do know, he's only going to try harder to get a date with her," Adie says to her husband.
"Yeah I know," Billie says scratching the back of his neck.
"He is so your son," Adie laughs.
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"You refused to stop following me until I gave you my number way back when."
"Oh yeah, but you actually found me cute."

"Excuse me while I throw up." Ramona interrupts as she heads to the back of the bus.
"Funny, that's what Tre said when I told him how I got your number." Billie laughs.

*

"Hey where have you been?" Kathleen asks her daughter as they get into the rental van.
"I just needed some air, I was walking around the venue."
"Are you okay? You looked stressed out." Kathleen states as the van starts to move down the highway.
"Yeah, some guy was bugging me to go out for a drink with him."
"Oh what guy?" her mother ask interested.
"Joseph Marciano Armstrong."
"Billie Joe's kid?" she laughs, "You got asked out by the rock star's kid."
"What's so funny?"
"And you said no."
"Well yeah, he's just a cocky brat."
"I guess it's for the best, sleeping with the client's son has a tendency to get people fired."
"Oh lovely," Vanessa laughs, "I wouldn't go for a drink with him, what makes you think I'd sleep with him."

*

"So what if she doesn't like you!" Jakob, Joey's brother says annoyed.
"But-but."
"Boohoo, I'm Joey, a girl hurt my feelings now I want the world to feel sorry for me."
"No, before she found out who I was she flirted back then bam! Dad said my name and I'm a diseased rat."
"Fuck, Joe, shut the fuck up and let me sleep," Jakob says, annoyed. "It's just one girl, by next month she'll be gone."