Status: compleeeeeeto!

A High School Story

Shopping for Love

“I still don’t see why we’re doing this,” Keyla grumbled as we walked around the NorthPark Center Mall.
“Because when I take you back home later I want to see your new neighbors jaw drop to the floor.”
“You better be talking about the one that was checking out your car because I’m pretty sure that the other one was checking out you.”
“He was not!”
“He was so! And you were checking him out too!”
“I was not checking him out! If anything you were checking his brother out!”
“We were all checking each other out stupid,” she laughed and I rolled my eyes before leading the way into Forever 21, “I don’t see the point of this anyway. I don’t have any money on me.”
“Not a problem, my dad put some more money on my debit card before he left last week,” I assured her.
“You are not buying me clothes just so I can look hot for a guy that may not even care or see!” she protested.
“Fine, if it makes you feel any better then I’ll take the clothes once Joe sees you in them,” I heard her sigh as I continued looking through the racks of clothes, “It pays off to be the same size.”
“I don’t know Mollie-“
“You don’t have a choice; I’m not giving you one,” I interrupted plainly, “You can give me the clothes once we pass phase one of getting you that man.”
“Mollie, you do remember what happened last time we came up with phases to get one of us a man, right?” she whispered to me as a small group of giggling middle schoolers walked by.
“Yeah, it worked and I got ended up getting dumped because I wouldn’t-“
“Shh!” she hissed in my ear and I looked up to see that the middle schoolers had stopped at a rack close to us to ease drop.
“How about this?” I asked and held up a dark purple baby doll shirt.
“The color is too dark,” she grimaced as she spoke and I rolled my eyes while placing the shirt back on the rack, “You know I need bright colors!”
“Yes Keyla, I know you need bright colors,” I laughed, “I’ve seen your room. Remember?”
“I don’t know what you’re talking about. My room is wickedly awesome.”
“Never said it wasn’t babe. I just said it was brightly colored.”
“Well it’s brightly colored and wickedly awesome!”
“Like this shirt?”
“Oh my gosh! That shirt is awesome! And…I think I see the perfect pair of shorts to go with it.”

“You look great. Calm down,” I sighed and turned down the corner to Keyla’s house, “Oh crap. They’re playing football again.”
“How is that bad?” she asked while looking at her reflection in the mirror once last time.
“The ball almost hit me in the head last time,” I laughed.
“Let me guess Nick that one.”
“Hey! That’s not fair and I never saw you threw it!”
“Shh, they’re watching,” Keyla whispered and I glanced over at them threw my hair.
“There’s three of them now,” I whispered back and she nodded as I pulled into her driveway, “See ya later Keyla.”
“You’re picking me up tomorrow, right?” she asked while open the door and climbing out.
“As long as you don’t make me late again,” I answered and she chuckled while pulling her bags out of the backseat.
“Hi,” a familiar voice said from next to my side of the car and I turned my head to see Nick and Joe standing there with what seemed to be yet another brother.
“How many of there are you?!” I asked and Nick smiled as Joe started laughing.
“Four,” Nick answered and I returned the smile.
“Lucky,” Keyla scoffed, “The two of us are only children.”
“Since when am I not considered your sister?!” I yelled and glared at her.
“Since you yelled at me Friday night!” she yelled in return.
“You stole my Skittles and in order to prevent me from getting them back you stuck your foot in my face and your toe in my mouth!”
“You put your toe in her mouth?” Joe asked and raised an eyebrow at Keyla.
“It was an accident,” she answered and blushed a light shade of pink.
“Tell that to my tongue,” I grimaced and she glared down at me, “Don’t glare at me like that or else you’ll be walking to school!”
“You wouldn’t do.”
“Do you want to take that chance?”
“Nick can always give you a ride to school,” Joe piped in and I turned my glare to him, “What did I do?!”
“You just ruined my chance to scare Keyla!” I answered and I saw Keyla roll her eyes out of the corner of my own.
“You were right, they are scary beyond belief,” a new voice laughed softly and I looked to the source, “I’m Kevin.”
“Mollie,” I said and smiled as I shook his hand, “The other scary beyond belief one over here is Keyla.”
“I can introduce myself,” Keyla laughed and I shrugged.
“I thought that I’d take the liberty to do it so you could stare at Joe un-noticed some more. Oh fudge,” I hastily unbuckled my seat belt and scrambled out of the car as Keyla dropped her bags and made an attempt to grab me.
“I can’t believe that you said that!” she yelled and I back up into the boys yard as she glared at me.
“Now Keyla, I think that we both know that Joe was returning the stares when you weren’t paying attention,” I replied and I saw Joe’s mouth fall open, “Oh come on! You two aren’t exactly inconspicuous!”
“Mollie!” Keyla exclaimed and blushed an even deeper red, “Stop talking!”
“I don’t know, I’m finding this sort of interesting,” Nick said and glanced between his brother, me, and I best friend.
“Me too little bro, me too,” Kevin laughed and did the same.
“I don’t find that funny!” Keyla protested and started advancing on me.
“Babe, let’s talk about this,” I tried to persuade her as I took a step back for every step she took forward.
“The time for talking is done my dear, the time now is for action,” she replied and started running full speed towards me.
“Keyla!” I laughed as she embraced in a tight, rib crushing hug.
“This is what you get!” she laughed in response and I looked to see all three guys laughing along with us, “I wove you Mollie.”
“I love you too freak show,” I sighed and patted her on the back.
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter! WOOT WOOT!
Keyla's Outfit