Status: Finished

When She Cries

Chapter 10

Image

It was my first day of school, and I wasn't too pleased. I kept having nightmares all night and hadn't gotten any sleep. When Dad came to wake me up, I was about to fake sick, but I knew it wouldn't matter. He would know I was faking and still find some way to make me go.

"Here, take this. All of our numbers are in there if you need to get a hold of us," Dad said, handing me a cell phone.

"You didn't have to get me this," I said, feeling bad that he spent that much money on me.

"Don't' worry about it, Elle. I'm your dad., I'm supposed to get you things." It was quiet for a few more minutes. "Well, you better get going, you don't want to be late your first day."

"I'll see you at three," I said, getting out of the car. I stared at the front doors that were practically mocking me. I took a deep breath, before walking in.

I tried to find my classes as fast as I could. I wasn't too interested in socializing with any of these people. From my last encounter with them, I didn't think we were going to get along.

As soon as I got to my first class, the bell rang. Relieved, I sat down in a desk, after talking to the teacher. This was going to be a long day...

By lunch time, I was known around the school, it wasn't a good thing either. I wish I would have just gone unnoticed. That's always better.

I ended up sitting outside by myself. No one was around, so I figured many of them didn't come out to where I was. After lunch was the last period of the day, but most likely the worst... Dance.

"Alright, everyone. Settle down so we can get started." He was the teacher I remembered from my audition. Just perfect... "Today, we're just going to focus on independent study. You can stay in this studio, or either studio A or B. Go ahead and split," he said, dismissing them.

I stood up, grabbing my bag. I was about to walk off, thinking of ditching the rest of the period, when I was stopped.

"Noelle, right?" I looked up, nodding. "Obviously everyone calls me Mr. Lowel, but I like my students to call me Henry."

I nodded "Okay."

"I remember you from your audition, you caught the eye of a lot of us. What you have is different, but amazing. You'll be focusing on independent study in this class. Don't worry about class projects or anything. Just report to me before you go off into one of the studios. Now, let's go find an empty space so you can show me what else you've got." Maybe this class won't be too bad...

At the end of the day, I was changing back into my regular clothes, when I was confronted by queen bitch again. "So, you think you can just walk in here and take my place? Well think again."

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't act like you don't know. I know what you're up to."

I shook my head. "Whatever."

When I got out front, Dad was waiting for me. "How was your day?" He asked as soon as I got in.

"I'm just glad it's over," I mumbled.

"That bad?"

I stayed silent and just stared out the window. Tomorrow would just be the same.