Status: Finished

When She Cries

Chapter 11

Image

I wasn't that hungry when Dad called me down for dinner. I was trying to finish the homework I had gotten, even though it wasn't much. Just the math was giving me troubles.

"Elle?" This time it was Zacky.

"Yeah?"

He came in and sat next to me on my bed. "What're you doing?" He asked, looking down at the papers in front of me.

"Geometry," I said, my face scrunching up.

"Having troubles?" He asked, laughing lightly.

"Unfortunately," I sighed, setting the book aside.

"Well, come take a break and eat something. Your dad made you a salad."

"I'm not too hungry. Tell him to save it and I'll eat it later."

It was silent for a few minutes. "What went on at school today? Did you make any friends?"

I laughed sarcastically, standing up. "Oh, you could say that." I grabbed a towel and some pajamas, before heading into my bathroom, leaving Zacky sitting on my bed.

I stood under the soothing, warm water. My music played from my iHome as I cut myself off from the world. I could stay in here forever...

*Matt's P.O.V.*

Val set the plates and everyone started to get food. Zacky had gone up to get Elle since she hadn't come down when I went to get her.

When he walked back down without her, I grew worried. "She got in the shower," he sighed, grabbing a plate.

"Is she going to eat?" I asked, getting ready to go up there and get her myself. She need to eat.

"I don't' think so. She said to save the salad and she'll eat it later."

I frowned. "Did she say why she wasn't coming down?"

He shrugged. "No, but she was doing homework. I think it was giving her a bit of trouble."

I cocked my head to the side. "What was it?"

"Geometry." We all groaned, knowing we wouldn't be able to help her with that one.

"I tried asking her how school went, or if she made any friends," he added a few minutes later.

I looked up hopefully. "And?"

"I don't think it went too well," he sighed.

"Great," I mumbled.

"At least it seems like she's feeling more comfortable here now. Especially with you, Matt," Johnny said.

"Yeah, that I'm thankful for. Nothing against you, Zack. I'm just glad she's opening up a little more." She was coming a long way in just a short time. I knew she was stronger than we thought.

A little bit later, Elle came down into the kitchen. "Hey, look who came out of her cave," Jimmy said jokingly.

"I haven't been up there that long," she mumbled, taking as she was in trouble.

"That's straight where you went when you got home. Didn't say hi or nuffin," he said, pouting.

I got up and went over to her. "Hey, Baby. You hungry?" I asked, about to grab her a plate.

"Not really, I just came to get some Advil before I go to bed."

"Already?" I could see it in her eyes how tired she was. "Alright, did you finish your math?"

She gave Zack a side glance. "No, I'm going to go into my teacher tomorrow morning. Night." She went back up stairs before I could say anything else.

"Why'd she have to give me that look? Now I feel all guilty," Zack said, frowning. I just rolled my eyes. Of course she could make him feel bad for that. She's got him wrapped around her finger, just like the rest of us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha. Zacky is such a big baby...