Status: Finished

When She Cries

Chapter 12

Image

The next morning, I was up early and couldn't get back to sleep. So I just decided to get up and start getting ready. It was gloomy and about to rain outside. I loved when the weather was like this. I hope it stays like this.

"Look who's up even before me," Val said, walking into the kitchen.

I shrugged. "Couldn't sleep any longer, so I just got up."

"Do you want toast or anything?" She asked, starting to make the coffee.

"Toast sounds good."

After the coffee was done, Dad came down stairs while Brian came from the living room.

"The wonders of coffee," Val laughed as I shook my head.

Jimmy came in shortly after, scratching his bed head. "I smell... I smell..."

"Ducky." They all looked at me like I was on crack. "What? You guys have never seen Land Before Time?" I asked. They all shook they're heads. "Oh God..."

"Let me go change and then we'll head out," Dad said, kissing the top of my head, before going back up stairs.

School was just the same as yesterday... But worse. "I heard her mom dropped her off on some random porch because she didn't want her."

"Well I heard that her parents got rid of her because of her screwed up feet. I mean, have you seen them? I'm surprised she can still walk, let alone dance."

Just ignore them. Don't give them the satisfaction... I kept that running through my head.

During Geometry, Mrs. Hollen asked me to figure out a problem that I had no clue how to do. Wasn't there a way to pass or something?

"The answer's 4x-y," someone whispered.

I turned to my left. The guy who said it nodded reassuringly to me. "4x-y?" I said more as a question.

"That's correct," Mrs. Hollen said, before going on.

"Thanks," I said, smiling.

"No problem. The name's Mike."

"Noelle."

"Oh, I know who you are," he said, smirking. "You're the one who pissed Cassidy off."

"Blondie?"

"Yeah."

"What did I do to her?"

"Breathe," he said seriously.

I gave him a confused look. "I just got here, she has no reason to hate me."

"She feels threatened by you. Which is an honor, by the way. No one has ever made her feel like that before."

"Why does she feel threatened?" I asked confused.

"Because you're a great dancer, you have what she doesn't."

I scoffed "And what's that?"

"A new style. Everyone here follows the same old rules and moves for ballet and modern dancing, except you don't."

"Then why doesn't she just change that?"

"Because she's too stuck in her ways."

"That's not my fault."

He smiled. "You also stole the attention of Henry away from her. That's a big no-no. She's queen of this school, and doesn't let people forget it. Just 'cause her Daddy writes the biggest checks for the school, she thinks she can run it."

Great.

The bell rang as everyone started packing up. "See you around," he said, waving before walking to his next class.
♠ ♠ ♠
Clothes