Status: Finished

When She Cries

Chapter 13

Image

Again, I tried to avoid as many people as I could at lunch. I still ran into a few kids who had some things to say, but brushed them off.

"So this is where you hide out."

Startled, I looked up to see Mike. "Who said I was hiding?"

He chuckled. "Because you jumped when I said something."

I felt my cheeks redden. "I wasn't expecting anyone to be out here."

He sat next to me, smirking. "Sure, whatever you say."

"How'd you even find me out here anyways?"

"I thought of where I'd go if I was hiding from everyone else. And this is what I thought of."

"I'm not hiding," I mumbled.

"There's nothing wrong with it. I would come out here too if they were being like that to me. You just seemed like you needed a friend."

"Well then that would seem correct," I said, smiling softly. "But why would you want to be-friend the out cast girl?"

"Who said you were an out cast?"

"Uh, everyone."

"They're just stupid, and because I don't want you to be all lonely. That just won't do, everyone needs a friend."

I laughed, shaking my head. "Are you sure you aren't doing this for a prank or anything?"

"Noelle, I promise. I wouldn't do that."

"Elle."

"Huh?"

"Elle, that's what everyone calls me. Well, my family at least."

"It sounds less formal than Noelle," he said, nodding. "So what brought you to Huntington?"

He was only trying to make conversation, but it still brought back unwanted memories. "It's a long story," I said, looking at my lap.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to over step any boundaries," he said.

"It's fine, you didn't."

"Where did you learn how to dance? You must have had an amazing teacher if you're this far."

I shrugged. "I had lessons when I was younger. But, I basically just let the music flow through me. If you think about it too much, then you don't get the true feeling behind it. It's more robotic and boring."

"I see where you're coming from. That's really cool." His smile was addictive. It felt nice to finally have some welcome from one of the kids here. Maybe he was being serious about being a friend...

When the bell rang, I sluggishly stood up. I was in no rush to get to dance.

Henry talked to me before class and said to start practicing on a solo piece. My eyes went wide when he said that it was for a grade. That's nice...

"Hey, Elle!" I stopped and turned to see who was calling me.

Mike was making his way through the hall towards me. "What's up?" I asked, once he reached me.

"What're you going to do now?" He asked as we walked towards the front entrance of the school.

"Heading home, my dad or one of he guys are probably here to pick me up. Why?"

"You want to hang out for a little bit? Maybe I can help you with tonight's Geometry homework?"

I thought about it for a few minutes, before nodding. "Sure, just let me make sure it's okay." We walked over to my dad's car, but found Val instead.

"Hey, Chicky. The guys are at the studio, so I volunteered to pick you up," she said, smiling. "Who's your friend?" She asked, spotting Mike.

"That's Mike. I was wondering if he could come over for a bit to help me with homework?"

"Of course! That's totally fine, hop on in."

Val was a chatter box the whole way home. I think she was just happy that I made a friend. The only thing I was worried about was him meeting the guys...

"We'll be up stairs," I told Val when we got home.

"Alright, I'll be down here if you need anything."

We were up in my room for a good couple of hours, before we heard the guys arrive home. I rolled my eyes as I heard them arguing about something, which wasn't new. They'd be over it in a few minutes.

When I heard their thundering foot steps coming up the stairs and towards my bedroom, my stomach knotted. I didn't know how they would react to Mike... I hope it was good though.

"Elle, what're-" Dad stopped what he was saying as his eyes landed on Mike.

Mike stood up politely and held out his hand. "It's nice to meet you, Sir." At least he had manners. As for my dad...

"Get out," It was a mix between a growl and a command. Mike didn't argue, though. He packed up his things, before leaving like dad had told him to.

I looked up at my father, horrified. "Gee, thanks! Now I for sure won't have any friends!" I said, slamming my math book shut and throwing it off somewhere, before laying back on my bed.

"You had boy in your bedroom, Noelle! How do you expect me to react to that?"

"We were studying! He was actually helping me with my math, if you hadn't noticed!" I shook my head, standing up. "I actually made a friend today and you just ran him off. Thanks a lot." I pushed past him and went down stairs.

As I reached the kitchen, Val frowned, seeing the look on my face. "Studying isn't going too well?" She asked.

"It was going great, until someone ran him off," I grumbled, grabbing a bottle of water, before going out back. I curled up in a patio chair and stared off.

I couldn't believe him! He had no right to do that! We weren't even doing anything! Why would he even think that?!

"Elle, we need to talk," Dad said softly, pulling a chair up next to me.

"About?" I asked, staring down at the ground.

"About having boys in your room." He sighed, running his hand down his face. "I know we didn't really set any rules, I didn't even think we had to. But, the most number one rule with boys in the house, is they aren't allowed in your room."

"Then why did you get mad at me when I didn't even know that rule?" I asked, a little hurt that he got pissed over something like that.

"I'm sorry about that, and, I'm sure he'll still be your friend tomorrow. Just tell him it was a bit of a misunderstanding." I nodded my head, not really having anything to say. "So... He was your first friend you made?" He asked, a small smile playing on his lips.

I nodded. "Yeah, he helped me in math earlier, then he sat with me at lunch. He's a really cool guy. At least, he's the only one that's been nice to me since I've been there."

"Well, I'm glad you found a friend. Even better that he can help you." After a few minutes of silence, he stood up and kissed the top of my head, before walking inside.

I stayed outside a little bit longer, before going back in. The girls were in the kitchen, while the guys were doing God knows what.

"Hey, Elle. Dinner will be ready in an hour or so," Val said when she saw me.

"Okay, I'll be in my room until then," I said, going back up to finish what homework I had left.

An hour later, Johnny came up to get me for dinner. As I walked into the kitchen, I saw a new girl. "Hey, cutie," Zacky said, giving me a hug. "Don't worry, you're friend will still be there tomorrow," he whispered in my ear, remembering earlier. I smiled, telling him I had heard him.

"Hi, I'm Christy," the new girl said a little stiffly, apparently not liking how close I was to Zacky at the moment. "I'm Zacky's new girlfriend."

I looked up at Zack confused. "That was fast," was all I said, before I went over to Jimmy.

"Hey, you. I feel like I haven't seen much of you lately," he said, wrapping his arm around me.

"You're over here almost every day," I said, laughing.

"That doesn't mean I see you every time," he threw back at me.

"Well sucks for you."

"Ha! Jimmy got told by Elle," Brian said, laughing.

During dinner, I kept getting the feeling that Christy didn't like me very much... She kept shooting me glances every time I talked to Zacky too much, or something that had to do with Zacky. Soon, I just talked to Brian instead.

"Are you giving me the silent treatment now?" Zacky asked as we put our dishes in the sink.

"What?"

"You randomly just stopped talking to me during dinner," he said, looking confused.

"I do talk to other people, ya know," I said, rolling my eyes.

"You sure that's all?"

No. It's your damn hoe.

"Yeah, that's it."

"Let's watch a movie!" Leana randomly said, but everyone agreed.

We all went to the living room and chose our spots. I just lay on the floor, seeing as there was limited seating anyways. "Elle, you can come be my cuddle bug," Zacky said, holding his arms out.

I heard Christy scoff, as she looked at him, pissed. "I think that position has already been taken," I said, before looking back at the t.v.

I hope this doesn't last for long... Maybe she's just a random fling for him.

*Leana's P.O.V.*

Oh hell no. This Christy bitch needs to go. She is not going to act like a bitch towards my niece!